Breakfast/lunch ideas?

Mamas I need some help with breakfast ideas and lunch ideas. It’s just myself and my daughter at home right now but schools going to be out soon and then my son will also be home. My kids are bored of our usual breakfast meals which are a rotation/combination of pancakes, French toast, eggs(scrambled and over easy mostly), toast, bacon or sausage, or the occasional bowl of cereal or poptarts. I don’t really eat breakfast much because I just never feel hungry until later around lunch but my kids need to eat still obviously but they’ve started saying no to every idea I come up with or say things like we have that all the time or I’m sick of that. Lunch is the same way with rotating things and eventually they don’t think anything sounds good.

2 Likes

Depending on their ages,let the kids help you make up a menu plan and also help with the cooking. Look on Pinterest for loads of kid friendly food ideas. Having them help teaches them how to,cook and be responsible.
Lunch ideas: English muffin pizza,meat and cheese wraps,sloppy joes and French fries,chicken nuggets, cut up fresh fruit salad,vegetables and dip, homemade mac and cheese,tacos,sliders,soup,grilled cheese,peanut butter and jelly.

Breakfast casseroles are always a hit in my house. Potatoes (can be the frozen hashbrowns or diced), eggs, choice of meat (cook prior to assembly) and cheese. Throw it in a baking pan and let it cook. I also do a sausage gravy style as well.

Breakfast pastries like croissants and coffee cake, hot cereals like oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat with fruit, maple syrup, honey, butter, applesauce, cinnamon. Plain yogurt or yogurt and fruit parfaits—flavored yogurt has tons of sugar, so add your own with honey, maple syrup and or fresh fruits.

How about a meat and cheese plate, or anything, really—you don’t have to serve breakfast foods at breakfast. I make omelets with salsa, spinach or other greens, cheese and breakfast meat (ham, bacon or sausage), slide each into a flour tortilla and roll them up. I make a bunch and freeze them. They’re great when you’re in a hurry because it takes a minute or two to nuke, then you can eat it one handed on the run.

One of my kids prefer lunch/dinner food even for breakfast…grilled cheese, sandwiches, wraps, quesadillas…as long they eat I say. :smiling_face: Maybe try breakfast casseroles, breakfast burritos/quesadillas, biscuits and gravy, breakfast sandwiches.

Breakfast burritos, breakfast pizza use gravy as sauce. Dip sausage in pancake batter make like a for corn dog

Bagels , muffins , breakfast casserole, biscuits and gravy,

Breakfast pizza, fresh fruit

Healthy banana split. Yogurt, fruit, and a little granola. You can use more yogurt, I weigh my food so it changes based on my macro intake, lol. I have a dairy issue so I use soy and almond yogurt. More protein and tastes way better, in my opinion. Not sour,more like a treat. I use blueberries as they are an antioxidant, anti inflammatory and taste great. Sometimes sprinkle a little coconut on top. Soo good.

My kids like breakfast potatoes, eggs, banana pancakes, toaster strudel, waffles, cereal, frozen fruit.
Mini pizza ( English muffins with pizza toppings in the oven ) my daughter LOVES lunch meats and kielbasa lol.

Breakfast burritos, breakfast tacos or breakfast pizza