Budget friendly meal ideas?

What are some budget friendly meals you like to make that make great leftovers. I don’t have a slow cooker or crock pot so oven meals or stove.

4 Likes

Chicken wraps, greenbeans,sausage and potatoes,

I highly suggest getting a crock pot. Check your local thrift stores! You may find one really cheap!

Also if you have leftover taco meat, you could do a dip recipe… for one pound of leftover taco meat, you add one block of cream cheese, one cup of milk or water, and one cup of your fave shredded cheese. You can add seasoning to taste and you have a pretty good taco dip

The one go-to for my bunch of 5 is when we have a bag with about 5 or six potatoes left in it, two cans of green beans,(or you could do bell peppers that are about to spoil), and a pack of pork chops(any cut really). I usually dice and wash the potatoes and mix them with the other veggies, add a bit of olive oil to help the seasoning stick, dump them in a deep baking dish and place the seasoned pork chops on top of the veggies. Cut a few slivers of butter to place on top , cover , and bake for about 30-45 minutes on 400.

Spaghetti and meatballs, meatloaf, baked chicken, beef stew, chili, chicken and dumpling

1 Like

Check out Dollar Tree Dinners on tik tok and YouTube, she has a ton of great ideas for all types of budgets and circumstances :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t own either. But do own a Dutch oven and make similar slower cooker meals on the stove.

Fried potatoes, with smoked sausage, mushrooms and onions with a side of creamed corn. Tasty and fairly inexpensive. We also do breakfast things alot- omelets, breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, biscuits and gravy. Tator tot casserole is good too and not too bad on price either.

Shepherds pie: cook ground meat and remove fat, add prepared gravy mix, a package of frozen peas and carrots. Top with instant mashed potatoes……put in oven at 350 degrees, add shredded cheese when potatoes start to brown.