Can a family support worker enter visit my childs school?

Can a family support worker go into my child’s school without my say so?

1 Like

If they don’t have a reason to go without your permission and they do anyways, they can get in trouble for it

1 Like

It depends on the situation

1 Like

Yep, they can take your child out of school without notifying you too. Happened to a friend of mine. They were taken out of school for counseling that her grandmother didn’t know was scheduled.

1 Like

Yes they can. It normally means that someone has called and they’re investigating.

4 Likes

Yes if they are on the school’s authorized pick up list.

You need to check local laws and not social media with something like this, dude

4 Likes

It depends on the situation and the state, they all have different policies.

Yes they can if they are investigating a complaint.

1 Like

Yes they can as they are all government agencies

1 Like

No my stepson my called cps on us and they came and asked to talk to the kids they can without ur permission

1 Like

Yes and speak to teachers and the child.

Yes by law if there has been a complaint filed with CpS they are allowed to go to the child’s school and speak with them ! Had a CPS worker show up at my child school before, the principal called me immediately and made me aware of the situation though but yes they are allowed to do this!

Please check your local laws as these things can be different in different areas.

In my state they can.

1 Like

Yes. They did it to me multiple times as a kid. Most times I would have to tell my parents that they were questioning me and even involved because they weren’t informed about a case at all.

If you have nothing to hide why are you concerned?

2 Likes

Yes, but it also depends on the location, local laws, and the situation.

In nebraska a family support worker is not the same as a social worker. Social workers, cps investigators and anyone with DHHS can talk to children at school with out a parental consent. A family support worker is someone who comes after removal or a family that is at risk of removal that works with the family on skill building and reaching goal set forth by the DHHS Case manager (social worker) for the betterment of the family. FSW are allowed to pick children up from school and take them to family visitation as well as sometimes doctors appointment, counseling appointments and the like with the approval of DHHS. Hope that helps… I am a family support worker… Not a social worker and although I work with DHHS I do not work for them or for the state. We are a 3rd party contracted agaency

2 Likes

Yes and usually the school counselor sits in with them

It depends on the state. In PA they can.

Yes. I work at an elementary school and if the worker is employed by a legit company then yes, they can visit the child.

2 Likes

Yes. Happened to me in Arkansas. Somebody got mad at my husband and tried to be scandalous. I left work contacted the worker invited her to my home let her look around, drug tested everything they asked and case was quickly dropped.

yes, so they can talk to a child without your influence so they know the child’s truth and understanding.

1 Like

Yes they can and sometimes your not even notified about it unless the child tells you.

1 Like

Yes. They are not required to tell parents until after they talk to the kid. At least in Colorado

Yup. I go to schools all the time

What is a family support worker?

Yes. My stepbrother called CPS on me out of revenge for me pressing criminal charges against him. He alleged she was being sexually abused by her barely mobile elderly grandfather. Funny how he’d only met my daughter one time in the middle of a hospital lobby though. I got a visit one afternoon from a social worker who informed me they had already done an initial interview with my daughter at her school as allowed by law, and now I was required to bring her in for an in depth interview where lawyers and police would be watching through a two way mirror. Thankfully after barely 15 minutes they came down and said there was nothing, so everything was being dropped. I received no apology of course.

2 Likes

Yes they can. Especially if they are Paired with Child Protective Services.

3 Likes

That depends. They are obviously there for the child’s wellbeing etc so what’s the problem. It also depends on the severity and what’s happening and the age of the child.

1 Like

Yes depending on where u are they even have the right to speak to your child with out you around they can have the police with them to speak to your child or even someone from the school sit

2 Likes

Cps can go the child’s school and even i interview your child without you knowing.

Yes they should be able too

2 Likes

Yes they can. I’m a social worker and know first hand.

2 Likes

Yes they can, with or without your knowledge

4 Likes

Absolutely, they can.

1 Like

Yes they can & they don’t need your permission at all. :unamused::unamused:

1 Like

depends is/was there possibility of neglict?

1 Like

They most certainly can. No permission needed.

2 Likes

Sadly, once your child is in the system, they belong to the system. They do whatever they want with or without your consent or knowledge.
I’ve seen kids being moved from homes without the parents knowledge of whereabouts of their child.

Not in Australia, not unless you authorise it, or unless they have concerns regarding the child’s safety at home or school, and they believe the police and child services need to be contacted