Can a mothers rights be terminated if she isn't seeing her kids?

You cant afford the 160 to speak with your lawyer, but you expect her in less than 2 weeks to set something up to come 5 hours away?

Either you aren’t telling the whole story and shes some kind of terrible drug addicted crazy person who is a danger to her children, or you’re over reacting and getting in business that isnt yours.

Let me give you a piece of advice. My boyfriend has a child. She comes to our house every other weekend. Anything regarding her is his business and he handles that with her mother. I dont put my nose in it. I simply love her and take care of her while shes with us and support his relationship with his child and his childs other parent. Because I want what’s best for her and it’s to have all people in her life getting along and working to meet her needs. And that is what you need to remember. Your man can deal with the legality of it. And you worry about what you can worry about and keep your nose out of things that arent your business.

16 Likes

Yes maybe her transportation us unreliable or she cant afford the gas money? Try talking with her n ask her why. Try kindness first. It could easily b any one of us in this position n she may b hurting right now. I know I would b.

2 Likes

I know in the state of Missouri you have to prove that the other parent is unfit. But even then that’s really hard to do because she’s tried to make contact with The kids even though the kids don’t really talk on FaceTime and it only last 3 to 4 minutes the judge won’t see that as the mother not trying to make contact. And also you have to be aware that his kids see everything you do so if you start trying to take full custody away from their mother they might start hating you because even though they like it better in Ohio doesn’t mean that they don’t love their mother. So don’t try and do something that’s going to screw that relationship up between you and his kids because with your age gap he will always chose his kids.

You will not like what I have to say, but if you care about the kids you will at least consider it.

The goal of custody should always be eventually each parent getting 50/50.

Now if a parent is having issues ( which she obviously is, hence your husband getting custody) that obviously doesn’t work and it had to be modified. For the time it takes the non custodial parent to get their shit together. Then it should go back to 50/50.

Mom just lost custody a month ago.

Instead of being eager to rip her out of the kids lives, maybe you all need to foster a safe space for their children to talk to her and work on their relationship with her.

I’m not saying make excuses for her, or allow her to do whatever she wants. I am saying encouraging a HEALTHY relationship for her and the kids can go a long way towards those kids mental well being.

Being eager to permanently rip her away from the kids though isn’t the answer. Even if you don’t like her. Those kids do need to know their mom.

That aside, you can only adopt the kids if she signs her rights over and approved the adoption. Just because you guys got custody doesn’t mean the courts will force her to sign over her rights. In fact 99.9% of the time if the mother doesn’t approve it, the courts will not force the issue.

It is obvious there is huge issues going on here and that biomom isn’t a saint. I get that. But overall it hurts kids more in the end to not know their biological parents.

You guys need to shift your thinking to mom and kids healing, not cutting mom out. If you don’t those kids are going to hurt

Adopt those babies. That’s all I can suggest. Good luck and hopefully to u get your answers soon

4 Likes

Depending on your state laws there are certain time frames before you can file abandonment. Her even making video contact automatically shows she is still connecting with them and making an effort though in the courts eyes. In indiana to file abandonment a parent must have had absolutely zero contact with the child/children for 1 year before abandonment can be filed. Just went through all this myself when my husband adopted my daughter. Good luck

3 Likes

You really need to learn your place. :woman_shrugging:

20 Likes

Be a good woman let it be the kids are hurting inside from not having their Mom Let it be it will all work out

3 Likes

Most of the time one parents rights can’t be terminated. The only way most judges will do it is by doing a step parent adoption

It’s hard to get my 9 year to talk on the phone to family y

These are not your kids, lady. It would be absolutely dead wrong for you to say - I want them. If something happens to your sugar daddy the courts can look at the situation and decide what is best for the kids. As of right now they have not seen fit to completely take these kids away from their Mom, so just leave things be.

6 Likes

So you got custody of them when you were already living in Ohio? If you just got custody on the 28th and you know the mom lives 5 hrs away it doesn’t occur to you that she may need time to figure out how to adjust to this?! Already talking terminating her rights, what exactly did she do to lose custody? I suggest you slow down she is still their mother regardless of how you may feel. What does you and your husband’s age difference have to with this?

7 Likes

Are you and their dad around them when they are on the face time calls? They may not talk a lot because they want to “please” everyone and not say something hurtful and the wrong person hear it??

I say give it time… don’t jump to conclusions and shut their mom out.

Not to sound like a bitch, butttttt YOU would want custody if anything happened to your husband??? Those are her babies. Regardless of whatever is going on…:cry:

You weren’t in the room making them kids so stay in your lane and stop being sneaky and putting yourself in their buisness… Let your partner Co parent with his children’s mother. If you genuinely want what’s best for the kids you would encourage a relationship with their mother. This is why so many kids have a broken relationship with their parents after a divorce

18 Likes

If they do not live in the same state, then you have to be more lenient for the children. 5 hours away is a 10 hour trip, some cars cannot make it on that long drive but it is not a reason for children to lose their mother. FaceTime can also be an issue depending on the internet. Your husband has had custody for 2 weeks, she has contacted them several times. If anything it seems like the children might be alienated from their mother.

5 Likes

You sound like a selfish bitch. It’s been less than a month for fucks sake. I really genuinely hope that the mother lost rights because of things she did and NOT a crone like you stepping in trying to just cut her out, but I have my doubts tbh… based on you already trying to push out the mom. Like it or not you are NOT those children’s mother. They HAVE a mom, and she has not abandoned them as she is still calling. I feel deeply bad for this mother. It seems like you have purely selfish intentions, trying to have your little happy family and boot the momma out. I hate to break it to you but… try as you might you can never replace their mama. And intentionally pushing her out will make those children resent you. And I don’t understand why you say that you want the children to go to you if something happens. I’m guessing you don’t have children of your own. Also, a 23 year age gap?? Jesus. I’m assuming he’s 23 years older. In which he should be old enough and wise enough to make his own decisions regarding the custody of HIS (not yours) children. I don’t even care if y’all see me as a bitch, I’m being real. You stated zero reasons about why she lost custody or why she was a bad parent, simply stated that you had a “great lawyer”. Based on how badly you’re trying to kick the mom out of the kiddos life I’m gonna make the assumption that the mom hasn’t done anything- you seem the type that would be EAGER to spill the tea if she had. Which leads me to believe you just wanna play house with someone else’s kid. What a crock of shit

Im not sure about other states, but in Texas you can’t terminate rights unless there’s been zero attempt to contact or see the kids for a full year (unless there’s actual reason i.e. abuse/neglect)

3 Likes

I think you should sit down

10 Likes

Well there is a lot of holes in the story. First of all I try not to judge anyone this mother may have legimate reason for why things have needed to be changed. This is a question for all to think about. If mother’s give up custody for awhile it is assume she is unfit. If the father does that he is having difficulties right now or he is working Thur problems right now. No one jumps up and says let’s see if we can terminate his rights. This lady will always be there mom with the rights to see them unless she is abusing them. If you would like children have one with him if unable to have one adopt one. If you continue on the path you are right now there will be resentment and unnecessary problems. Let the mother and father deal with THEIR CHILDREN. You just need to be supportive to these children and give them love. God bless you and good luck!!!:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Apparently there a reason he has custody now. Who to say these kids wasnt living there already?
However have them reach out to mom.
Make the offer to let her bunk on the couch to stay a cpl days to see the kids.
Gotta work together

2 Likes

Why are YOU so quick to terminate this mother’s right to her children? It takes time and money to setup scheduled visits. Than you add distance on top of it. This woman is trying to MAINTAIN contact with her children by Skype!

Judges like to see parents be cooperative and co-parent together. Instead of tearing the natural parents apart and alienating the children from there mother. IF YOU, OR THERE FATHER,are poisoning their minds. The courts will be fully aware. Get an ad Letim for the children, at your hubby’s expense! $160 an hour is a good rate for an attorney. Where I live, its $300 an hour. They wont take your case until your retainer is paid.

BTW, regardless of what you say about those kids. They are hurting inside for there mother. They are trying to adjust to living with you. No, child like to talk on the phone. It takes time to learn to talk to mommy on the phone.

5 Likes

Seriously! I’m not sure you understand nor get what it takes from both parents if one lives out of state. My sons father lives almost 9 hours away. It took a year for us to come to a “new normal”. You have to think about the whole picture. We meet halfway and it’s still an all day trip for the both of us. Getting everyone work schedule to coordinate is another. My son spends about 3 weeks a year with his dad because of this. You need to give it time.

3 Likes

Why would you want to take the kids away from their mom? Let them worry about co parenting and you just work on being a good step mom. How about that?

8 Likes

Give the woman time, you live out of state and it doesn’t aound like you are offering to drive half way… from the sounds of it, she is still calling to ask about them/talk to them.
As far as rights being terminated… complete abandonment has to be proven, which means absolutely no contact (no phone calls, no texts, no emails, no letters, no visits, no third party gifts, etc) for at least 6 months (in some states it is longer).
If you file for adoption it will start the 6+ months from the time you file. If there is contact, her rights wont be terminated, if there is no contact, her rights will be terminated and you can adopt them after 6 months. (That’s the time period for arizona anyway, other states may have longer time periods, for example, no contact for 1 yr)

As far as custody, if anything happens to your husband. Have him draw up a living will.

Why would you want to? The children should be encouraged to have a meaningful relationship with both parents. Let her know that the door is always open and you two will do all you can to keeps the lines of communication open. He has the majority of custody be happy with that and don’t kick a dog while she’s down!

6 Likes

You really need to learn your place… Did U ever stop to think that over THESE FEW WEEKS travelling 5 hours might be to much due to money or work problems an maybe the video calls are all she can do right now … And if you an your husband were in such a position to take custody that maybe YOU GUYS could take the first step an TRANSPORT these children TO THERE MOTHER for the access YOU NEED TO SUPERVISE instead of trying to terminate her rights… Just a thought

8 Likes

Why are you wanting mom to sign her rights after so soon after dad getting custody.
The ink just dried on that paper and you want to cut mom off n you adopt when you only had the kids like 3 weeks tops.
Do you have other motives/ intentions in mind

7 Likes

Unless she has endangered the kids somehow I don’t see why you would stop her from having any rights to her children. Yes it may suck that she doesn’t stick to visitation but at least she still makes contact. It’s not upto you to make the decision to close the bridge of communication between mum and the kids.

5 Likes

You deff sound young… maybe you should step back and see of the mom makes an effort. 5 hours is a long drive ONE WAY to spend a few hrs and if she has a job she just cant drop it. If shes planning to come see them LET HER! stop thinking you can just step in and be mom. Take a seat, and be a step parent to them.

9 Likes

Have your own baby and chill

8 Likes

No. Her rights can not be terminated based on the lack of visitation when her kids are in another state.

4 Likes

Any parent can lose parental rights for “abandonment” but that includes ANY contact.

Seeing as she’s contacting them, it’s not abandonment

It’s not your job to build the bridge between the children and their mother, but it’s not your right to burn it either.

9 Likes

yes it is possible but will be a fight if the mom doesnt agree. you will have to prove to the judge she is not making the adquet contact/visits even when financially and able to do so. going through it with my sons dad who works 2 blocks away from our home but doesnt see nor ask about his son. my husband is adopting

If u can’t afford a 160$ lawyer visit then maybe she can afford gas to come see them! Unless mom is absolutely unfit then I never see the point in taking kids from their mother.

6 Likes

It hasn’t even been 30days

2 Likes

You will need to learn the exact laws for your state but not nearly enough time has passed to have her rights terminated at this point. It hasn’t even been a month since he got custody plus travel from one state to another is expensive. More expensive then the 160 that you all can’t afford to pay once right now. Give it time. She is putting in effort to at least face call them which is more then a lot of parents do. I don’t know details as to what happened to begin with but I do know that its way to soon for this to happen.

1 Like

You can unwillingly terminate her rights if she is not paying child support. Visitations alone is not enough unfortunately. Although it does help she has not seen them. But you also have to prove she has not been paying child support and has abandoned them. Look up child abandonment laws in your state. It will be a fight but if you are wanting to adopt them then it is possible. If youre not wanting to adopt them then unfortunately nothing will be done. I just went thru this and adopted my stepson last week.

1 Like

If you cant afford 160 for a lawyer right now, what makes you think she can afford to travel back and forth this soon? Why not meet her half way and encourage a relationship with her?

10 Likes

Flicker of interest includes phone

Not unless shes on drugs or abusive. She can argue about it being to far to travel and costs. Even if hubs did pass custody usually goes to family by blood

No. Her rights can’t be terminated as long as she continues to video chat no matter how long, and pays support. In NY a parents rights can’t be terminated unless someone is ready to adopt.

Wow I can’t believe your worried about trying to terminate the mothers rights because she’s not seen the kids in a few weeks even though she’s 5 hours away not just around the corner. If you asked a judge to terminate her rights over this the judge would laugh and likely tell you to not waste the courts time being so petty. Also not many kids like sitting there talking on the phone so stop trying to act as though the kids don’t want to talk to their mother over it because most kids talk for a few mins and are done with it. As for you wanting custody of your husbands kids if he dies is just sad and you are really overstepping your boundaries. Leave any issues considering the kids between their parents because it’s not your issue and your overstepping and your the reason that makes stepparents get a bad name. Also not many kids ages 8 and 4 would just mention out of nowhere that they are happier in Ohio then living with there mother. Remember that’s there mom and kids live there parents and I’m sure the kids love their mom and miss her also so stop trying to involve the kids in adult issues because that 100 percent wrong. Did you ever stop and think maybe mom doesn’t have the money to travel 5 hours one way to see the kids yet and remember it’s been a couple weeks not years, 5 hours of driving is quite a bit of gas money and maybe she don’t have it right now kinda like you can’t even afford to pay a lawyer to discuss wanting to terminate a parents right over not visiting the kids in a few weeks. You mentioned that you have a really awesome lawyer which no you don’t your husband does since this isn’t your issue it’s your husband since they are his kids but anyways if he’s so awesome then I would assume he would laugh if you asked him to terminate the mothers rights because it’s been a few weeks since she’s seen the kids. You really need to step back and let the parents deal with these custody issues because it’s not up to you what happens and it’s pathetic that your worried about having custody of the kids if your husband dies. Stay in your lane and grow up because honestly you sound bitter.

9 Likes

I mean you cant afford 160 for meetings but expect her to be able to drive 5 hours every day or even once a week. I am a stepmom and what you are doing to this mother is simply disgusting. You are damaging them babies more than she has. Trying to terminate rights after only a few weeks. Your disgusting and yall do not need custody.

13 Likes

Because she has made an effort by making the calls, I would have to say no she can’t have her rights terminated. And being as how she’s out of state there could be travel and transportation cost issues as well as having to work with a social workers busy schedule to set up a visit. She hasn’t abandoned her children. Let them have as much of a relationship as they can.

2 Likes

So he has only had custody of them for a few weeks and you’re trying to terminate her rights and take over as mom? Nope. Take a seat and be a step mom. She has not abandoned them as she is still contacting them and being that they were just removed from her care a few weeks ago she may be scrambling to come up with fees for a lawyer, court costs, etc., and trying to come up with money to come visit them. You sound ridiculous trying to say you want custody of them if something happens to him. They aren’t your kids!!! Too bad. That isn’t how it works!

12 Likes

Its been a month. Maybe wait a few years and encourage her to be involved with her children as much as she can. Encourage her she needs support

5 Likes

Wow. No her rights probably will not be terminated for you to adopt. The not seeing them thing isnt enough in most states including yours there is a timeline before they can say she neglected or abandoned them as long as she contacts tgem or makes an effort to contact them im that 6 month timeframe they won’t even try for neglect or abandonmemt because even of she goes years without contacting HER children they usually cant terminate a mothers rights. Alot of times they can’t even get termination in abuse cases. Termination of parental rights is the hardest thing for a Family court to do, you’ll be hard pressed to find a judge that would termimate just because she only facetimes a few times every few months and step-mommy has her own agenda. Sorry.

1 Like

6 months of no contact unless you prove her unfit

Ma’am Iam a CPS adoptive parent (Harris county TX) There’s lots of determining factors to TERMINATE a Natural parent’s RIGHTS. Courts are reluctant to do it, UNLESS it’s in THE BEST INTERESTS and Safety of the child, Meaning If the mother CIRCUMSTANCES are do to No Fault of her own, She Lost her job, couldn’t pay the bills and WILLING AGREED to let Dad take physical custody as she had no where to go with 2 kids, OR were the children REMOVED from mom’s custody by DCFS and placed with Dad? I’m assuming Mom has had custody thier whole lives, and has made contact in the 30 days the children have been there. I truly dont think the court’s would except a Termination Petition. You would have to have Solid PROOF the Mother was UNFIT, and a Danger to the children.

6 Likes

Oh and paying child support counts as contact

1 Like

Oh also jist because tge kids say they are happier there? Maybe they are right now but that could change. And since i know what i am talking about im gonna tell you something that may be hard to hear and maybe you do not want to accept bit you’ll find out is true…you are not now nor will you ever be thier mother and youll never be able to take her place and they will forever have a void if they wind up adopted by a step mom and unfortunately it seems like you are a part of what wants to create that void for them its such a shame. What you need to do is step away and be what you actually are which id a steo-parent. Create a little peace for them rather than adding kore chaos because maybe you are too wrapped up in your own agenda to see it, but right now those poor kids are likely in turmoil, they need and deserve calm.

7 Likes

Where I’m from it has to be zero contact whatsoever for 7 years to terminate rights. 1 week is a little too soon to ask for that to happen. At least in my opinion

2 Likes

Nope. You have no rights to try and take those babies from their mother. The courts will do what they need to do for the children. Why the hell should you get them? You’re nothing to them.

7 Likes

Should something happen to their father the court will decide what is best, if they should remain with you or go back to their mother. The ONLY way to avoid a court is to legally adopt the children and in order to do that the mother either has to have her rights stripped away in full or she has to sign permission that she is allowing you to adopt, and in turn remove all her rights to her children. You need to come up with that money and talk to the lawyer, but unless she was abusive why would you want to take the kids from her? If she was abusive, then by all means start the paperwork to strip her of her rights.

3 Likes

23 years apart aaaand what?

2 Likes

She videoing talking with them. Thats contact have you thought about meeting her half way for the day ect. Sorry but you no rights to the children. If hubby dies then the children will go to mum or even to the grandparents

3 Likes

Seriously lady?
You don’t own your step kids and have no right to want to terminate their MOTHERS rights unless she is a danger to them!

10 Likes

23 yrs apart…sounds like the new young one just wants to be mommy…calm down and see why she isn’t seeing them

7 Likes

There is usually a timeline, here it’s 2 years and then you can file to terminate rights due to abandonment.

1 Like

In the state of Michigan you have to 1. Have someone lined up to adopt and 2. Either prove abandonment (no contact, no child support payments, etc) or the parent has to be willing to sign off their rights for the adoption. If things continue to go as they are, it’s possible that, even of she fought against it that the courts MIGHT allow it but not likely. Good luck!

2 Likes

Whew these probably not the responses this lady was expecting :weary::joy: but shame on you trying to eliminate the mom. Smh at this entire post

18 Likes

It’s sad that an 8year old and 4 year old are being described as, “mature for their age”. Let’s not jump the gun. You’re not getting custody.

12 Likes

I would say no if she is paying child support regardless of visiting her kids. Just from experience.

Its been a couple weeks…

5 Likes

I would give it some time. If she lives 5 hours away, it isn’t like she will be able to see them every other weekend.
Obviously without knowing circumstances it is hard to judge.

2 Likes

First of all… If you care about those children you will not alienate their mother. Do you know how hard it is to only see your children via video chat and try to maintain any real bond? Your job is to try to nurture that relationship any way possible instead of trying to cut the woman out who carried those children in her body. Stop being a bitch and show some damn empathy. Unless you have better cause as to why you want her cut off from her children you need to start pushing the kids to mend that relationship. Your husband could leave you and do this to you… How would you like his next wife to act? Like you are currently? Or with a more open mind and heart? Those are not your kids. You are free to love them… But loving them means making sure they have appropriate access to their mother unless she’s a crack head you’ve got no reason to just go around asking advice like this since your bitter ass got such an awesome lawyer go ask that mf.

We don’t know what lead to the mom losing physical custody. We don’t know any details except the few given here. I’ve met deadbeat moms just as bad if not worse than deadbeat dads. It may very well be in the kids best interest to be there. It may not be, we do not know!!! At least this woman cares for the children!!

7 Likes

A good stepmother encourages and nurtures the unbreakable bond between a bio mom and her children. If you care about these kids the way you say you do then you will bend over backwards and sideways to do whatever you can to help these children maintain that bond with their mother. When they are old enough to realize exactly what kind of a role you played in helping nurture that bond they will love and respect you for being so selfless and always making their best interest a priority. As a stepmother myself I would never EVER encourage keeping my stepson from his mother. Not for a day and certainly not permanently.

15 Likes

Its “our” not “r” and you should be ashamed of yourself for jumping to automatically take these children from their mom. It has not been that long and she is making an effort. Why dont you just have some of your own and stop trying to take hers?

9 Likes

Depends on how long you’ve been with dad. If you are married. I think most states require you to be married for over a year. And the mother would need to signs her rights away. Unless you could get a judge to sign them away.

Sounds like you are in a rush to want the bio mom out of the way…shame on you…i’m sure she wants to see and communicate with HER children…What does your age gap matter in anyway? You just sound immature, selfish and very bitter and seem very jealous. Those children need their Bio mom, you may be married to their father but it doesn’t make u entitled to take over as their mom. Grow Up.

11 Likes

Video calling is contact . You don’t seem to have the children’s best interest at heart here. It’s up to the children what they want and terminating rights she would have to actually abandon them which she hasn’t if she is video calling. Don’t be a bitch.

Give the mother a break! She just lost her kids. Maybe she hasnt been able to visit yet because of work? Lack of money? Why not meet her halfway? You sound like a stepmom from hell, trying to destroy the bond between the kids and their mom. You will NEVER take her place, so sit down and know your role! Mentally you dont seem fit to have kids anyway. If you want to play house, get your own baby, but dont screw up for their family (THEIRS, not yours)

12 Likes

Kinda in a similar situation in Wisconsin, mother’s rights are already terminated I believe, but she was doing drugs around her son, he’s only 6 and tested positive for meth, my SO and I have a 3 year old together who has severe special needs, but we moved into a bigger place, he has a stable home now and I’d never want him to go back to his mom. Unfortunately my so and I aren’t married so we’d probably have to do that before getting anything else put in place. We’ve lived together over 5 years though, I’m not sure how Wisconsin works with common law marriage.

This post is still irking me hours later… this right here is why so many of us Moms are so leery of step parents… I have read some comments and posts from some amazing ones- so I KNOW they exist… but damn… some vile women out here looking to take another woman’s children… awful…

Give it 6 months if still no change file for termination and adopt them

1 Like

Lhh. bet you saw this going a different way, huh :face_with_monocle:
You can’t afford to meet with your lawyer but expect her to afford a 5 hr trip, hotel, food etc. Stay in your lane little girl. This is grown folks business.

12 Likes

I can’t get behind or give advice on someone trying to take kids away from their mother.
I went through hard times and had my kids taken away from me because I went down a wrong path for awhile. The hurt of not being with my kids every day was also the fuel that got me to work for what I needed and wanted (4 years clean :innocent:).
Maybe she can’t afford to make a trip 5 hours to see them right now. You have to understand that because you can’t even afford the meeting with your lawyer.
Is she a drug addict? Although that hardly matters because so was I and I was given the opportunity to do the work, get clean and get my kids back and so should she (if that’s the case).
Is she abusive to them? Why supervised visits?
More info is needed.

9 Likes

She had to be a no show for a much longer period of time and the fact that she does video call them means she is keeping in contact so at this point no her rights would not be terminated. You could still end up with custody of them but don’t cut their mom out our it could impact the kids in a way you won’t like. Encourage them to talk to Mom, they are still very young and need to know that she is there no matter how you feel about her. Just like you can’t afford the sit down with your lawyer she may not be able to come all that way to see them just yet so stop and do not talk about her in front of her kids in a bad way ever.

2 Likes

Why don’t you and your new husband of 23 yr different ! Help her See her Children? Why would you already bash her? You can do visits in the middle … Park etc…

4 Likes

It’s up to the court if she can’t

According to most people the mom walks on water but of the mom isnt fit, the legal system gives 5000 chances to get them back. Mom isnt always best.

I tend to find a positive approach when commenting on these things but I’m just unable to do so. You come across as a heartless stepmom that just wants to get the mom out the picture. Sounds like she is struggling right now and you want to take advantage of that to take HER KIDS. Did you ever stop to think maybe they wouldn’t want to live with you if their dad passed? That woman is their MOTHER. Show her some decency. If you really love those kids, you will help them have a relationship with their mom, not take it away.

2 Likes

So you all move to Florida and expect her to fly or drive down there to see her kids for a few hours? Your lawyer is behind you on this? Lol that’s because you’re paying them to be! :woman_facepalming:t3: you are leaving BIG details out! Is she abusing the children when they were in her care? Did she neglect them? Or did dad get a new wife and y’all wanna play house as you phase her out? Sounds like a step mom from hell saying if he does you don’t want them going back to their mom. First of all if her rights are terminated DHS will see if she is fit to have the kids. If she isn’t, the children will go to family, if none available they will go into the foster system. Her kids were just taken from her and living in another state across the US! You’re acting as if that trip can be easily made and yet you can’t afford 160 dollars. Knocking her while she is down. She probably is having a hard time calling because of what you say about her. I pray you don’t talk nasty about her around the kids. You are the step parent. You are to care for them. Y’all made it impossible for her to see the kids. In the long run the kids will want to see their mother when they are older and may resent you and their father for not giving a fair opportunity for her.

2 Likes

This can’t be real, I mean geeze, this is rediculous.

1 Like

Lol. The two of them can’t get up $160 to meet a lawyer, but they think this mom has the money to take time off work, drive all that way and get a hotel room within the 3 raw, emotional weeks after losing what appears to have been a pretty bitter battle. The mother probably also pays her ex a decent amount of child support to help financially with her children’s needs. And she should have the money to do this multiple times in the last 3 weeks? Maybe the OP doesn’t understand how expensive adult life is yet.