Can depo cause irregular periods?

Has any mommas took depo shot then got off of it and didn’t have a cycle. I haven’t had one in awhile and I want to try for another baby but idk when the perfect time would be

2 Likes

It depends on how long ago your last shot was.

It depends on how long ago your last shot was.

Was on it for years got off it Sept 2015 didn’t get a period till about November and then got pregnant in January of 2016

It took about 6 months for my cycle to come back regular, took me a year to get pregnant. My advice to you is be patient and just enjoy the process. Stressing about it won’t do any good.

Just because you got off the Depo shot doesn’t mean it’s not still in your system. That’s why it takes 6 months to a year to get pregnant. So you probably won’t have a period for a while.

I got pregnant on the shot!

I didnt ever get a period after (I had been on it for 5 years) and then 3 weeks later got a positive pregnancy test

I had the mirena and it tore my insides up. So I got my first depo shot on my period and that was 6 months ago. I’ve been on my period for 6 months now and didn’t go back for my second shot. I’m miserable and just want it to end!

Took 18 months for me to get pregnant after I stopped the shot

Yes, it’s the hormones.