Can I cash a check in my husbands name?

Anywho i guess the state took out too much tax money from my husbands paychecks and they sent him what they owed. The check is only in his name. Can I cash it without him being present if we have a joint account and he obviously signed it

17 Likes

Yes if he signed the back

8 Likes

Usually you can deposit it.

1 Like

If he signed it, deposit in your joint account and then you can withdraw

Just deposit it and then withdraw it.

23 Likes

You can deposit it and then withdraw it as long as his name is on the account.

2 Likes

Yes… He has to sign it and then u will

If you have a joint account

Depends on bank! Mine wouldn’t because it was a high amount

If you have a living will.
That’s what me and my husband have, including taxes, anything
Living will

I live in Indiana, and we have a joint account, and if it’s only in his name, I can only deposit the check, not cash it. But then I can turn around and take the money out of our account :sweat_smile: weird, but those are their rules!

1 Like

If it’s a income tax check no you can’t , not without him present , unless you know the bank teller real good

1 Like

Depend on the bank. At my bank I wouldn’t be able to cash it, but can deposit it and then take the money out.

1 Like

Yes…deposit then withdraw

1 Like

As long as he’s signed the back to endorse it to you to be able to than yup… I’ve had my friend use to do it for me plenty of times but she used her bank account so as long as I signed it and endorsed it to her she could cash it for me

You can always do a mobile deposit and then just withdraw it once the funds have cleared

2 Likes

If it’s a joint account and enough funds to cover the check you probably can. If you don’t have the funds in the account to cover the check they will probably make you deposit it

1 Like

They will let you deposit but not cash bc he will have to be there.

Deposit it and then withdraw it

1 Like

If it’s a joint account then yes. If not a joint account he would have to be there with ID (depending on the amount)

1 Like

Depends on your bank. Our old bank wouldn’t cash it but we could deposit it into the account, & i was with them from the time i was 18 til i was 29. Our new bank doesn’t care (i say new but we’ve been customers there for 4 years now lol)

Sign it deposit it then take it out

1 Like

I don’t have a bank account so I take it to the store and get it cashed! I have to sign it too

Yes with your ID and bank card

Yep. If he signed it then you can put "pay to the order of [you], then you sign it.

You can deposit but not cash it.

If he signs it first and you have a joint account then yes, I cash my husband’s all the time cause he never gets out of work before the banks close.

1 Like

Yeah if he’s signed the back and it’s going into a joint account with his name, you should be able to

4 Likes

Yes, as long as he signed it and you undersigned it :smiley:

“For deposit only” and account number to deposit

You could deposit it since you have a joint account. So I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you cash it

2 Likes

Cant cash it bug can deposit…does he know he has a check?

You’d have to deposit it in your joint account and then withdraw the money.

I feel like calling somewhere would be easier than asking a random Facebook group :skull:

4 Likes

If both your names are on the acct, yes. You’d sign under his name.

Call your bank to double verify tho.

I’ve never had an issue depositing checks in other names, my business, husbands name, kids names. I use the app to deposit though

4 Likes

The answer to your question would depend on your bank.

Some will allow it as some won’t.

You can deposit it though, and then withdraw cash, as long as your name is on the account.

If he’s your husband why can’t he sign it to cash it, or you tryin some sketchy shizz that got all these Bs conspiring w you

2 Likes

I wouldn’t see why you couldn’t deposit it if it’s already signed and the account is joined? Idk probably not tho :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Call your bank and ask them.

As long as it’s endorsed, I guess so.

You can deposit it in your account and tomorrow withdraw cash

You should be able to deposit it in to yalls account.

Call your bank and ask them :woman_shrugging:t2:

No, you have to deposit it in your joint account unless he is present. Sounds more like your trying to pull a scam, so glad you posted that on here…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Damn call the bank and ask them.

Is a few stolen dollars worth the loss of what you’ve built

I just sign - for deposit only and use the ATM. No problem w/a $13,000+ ck

I bet your husband knows how to get his own check cashed… I’m guessing he don’t know he has a check.

Why can’t he just go with you? Unless he’s passed away, that’s odd. And suspicious.

No but they will happily deposit it and let you withdraw

I would deposit it into account and then withdraw it

My bank you can deposit online take pictures of both sides and it deposits

Just deposit it and then take out.

You can deposit it into your joint account. I do not think you can actually cash it though.

Deposit it into the account and then draw the amount of cash out you want/need from the teller.

you can deposit the check into the account once he signs it, but you can’t go and actually “cash” the check if he is not there. you would have to wait a day or 2 until the funds clear

Hi. I work in banking! Ask your banker but at the bank I work at we’d have you deposit & then withdraw it. So you’re still leaving with x amount of cash in hand.