Can I hear your c-section stories?

As the person supporting here is what I learned

1. Make sure the person has their phone to take pics, there is no going back once in the sterile room.

2. The meds they give you may lead to you not being able to breastfeed immediately so make sure someone pays attention. My sisters paperwork was delayed due to lunches and they almost had her breastfeed but I know she had had extra medications so was able to stop them until they read her paperwork.

Praying for you. You’ll do great. I’ve had two c-sections. I was terrified for my first but the second was scheduled and uneventful.

I had my 8th c section a month ago. My first was the hardest getting up after. The last one was the first time i had a vertical cut im moving around good and faster than the previous c sections.

My first c section ‘83 I wound up w/ infection on the incision. Dr told my mom to boil Kotex pads squeeze the water out then put it on the incision, my husband & neighbors came running when they heard the screams… if you cough, keep a pillow pressed against your incision as support, you tear the stitches otherwise, if you have a spinal, you have to lay flat for 12 hours then you have to get up & walk, be VERY careful getting up, the pain from laying down to sitting up since you use those muscles to sit up. When you get home don’t lay around all day, makes it worse when you do get up, no un prescribed med like aspirin if you plan on nursing. I had 2 c sections , 1 spinal 1 not 2nd time knew what to expect

I just had my third c section it was my easiest recovery…I was up and walking with in 6 hrs of having my last babies the 2 before took longer due time begin on magnesium due to preeclampsia.I took vitamin c with my last csection healed fairly quick drs were suprised…5 months and you really can’t tell. Everyone is different good luck and congrats

My second was better than my first. Although, I had to stay 5 days in the hospital due to bowel complications, afterwards. The day they released me, I felt great. I remember sitting with the nurse in the lobby, so my husband could bring the car around, when I seen him pull up, I squatted to pick up the car seat. The nurse looked at me and said I can pack her honey. Nope, I’m good. Didn’t even use a wheelchair. I was ready to get out of there. Lol.

The worst part of mine was the fear but it was an emergency c-section.

I had 3 sections; all vertical incisions. In 1974, they didn’t do horizontal plus it was an emergency. Stitches, tape and staples. Finally had another surgery to repair all the incisions. My daughter ended up having 2 sections as well. Both of us had postpartum. Mine was worse, but still real.

I had a c-section about 2.5 years ago and they made me get up and walk later that night. It hurt when the Tylenol was wearing off but I didn’t think it was painful enough for stronger meds so I stayed with the Tylenol. I left the hospital after less than 3 days. I was definitley sore and the hardest part for me was sitting up. But within a week, I was completely healed and walked around like normal. I’m due for my second in May and am hoping it goes smoothly the second time as well…if not easier :crossed_fingers:t4:

I’ve had 3 c-sections, 2 emergency, 1 planned. With all three I was walking the same day, i thought getting my appendix removed was more painful than a c- section from personal experience :see_no_evil:x

My first was an emergency c section and super traumatic. His got stuck and his heart stopped. They didnt tell me what was happening as they rushed me to get a c section. Finally the nurse told me what was going on because I was freaking out. My bones wouldnt spread apart. So my second I opted for a scheduled c section. It was so much more relaxing. Besides the fact he came a month early everything went smooth and easy. I feel like I recovered faster the second time around. I kind of had to. I had a 19m old running around. My first c section took me a long time to recover I feel like. I had post pardum depression bad. Which is higher if you have a c section because your body doeant start producing the feel good hormones like you would if you had baby vaginal. You also might not get your milk in right away. Also due to the hormones. When Baby is cut from you your body doesnt realize you had baby and doesnt produce the hormones for milk to start. Altleat that’s what my ob told me. My milk came in 15 days after I had my first and 5 days after I had my second. I didnt breast feed either one. Although I did try. I also couldnt hold my baby right away the first time because my body went into shock and I was shaking uncontrollably. Second time was much better.

I am currently 36 weeks and 1 day with my 6th child, will be having my 5th c section in 3 weeks (if not sooner) i have had all c sections (my last one was a twin pregnancy)… my first c section was terrible after recovery, but every one after that i have found the recovery easier, relied on pain meds less, found myself wanting to get up and moving faster by myself. The only downside for all of mine is always the first night after the c section because of just being cut open not being able to just get up and go and not taking my pain meds before my spinal wears off. I have never had a vaginal delivery and cant say i would ever want to simply because with my c sections they are all scheduled and i know what to expect from the moment i go in to the hospital from admissions to prep to going to the operating room to recovery to being in my room after having my baby and i have learned through the course of the years and having these c sections how to tune in to my own body more closely and what i can and can not do and when… i know what my body can handle and how soon it can handle certain things… tune into YOUR body and listen to it when its telling you something…

U don’t necessarily have to have another c-section. My first was because she was breach…30 years ago…my son 7 years later was v back.

My second c-section was so much easier than my first. My doctor cut me a little bit wider with my second one just because I had my tube tied at the same time as the baby was born. But besides the headache and bleeding a little heavier than my doctor would have liked. I was up walking around the same day on my own bc as soon as I got feeling back in my legs I wanted a shower. I was back to work just 5 weeks after having my son (after my Dr discharged me) I would take my 2nd c-section over my first one any day. It was my first C-section that was a nightmare.