Can I out the father on the birth certificate if he doesn't want to be?

Everyone blaming her…it takes 2 and he was the one in the relationship not her. Go after child support though

17 Likes

You let that man pregnant you while he cheating on his lil mama at home? Girl you in some mess.

11 Likes

I will never understand why people have affairs let alone unprotected ones! Why would you even want someone who is cheating on someone else in the first place and not even try to prevent pregnancy on top of it? Just baffles me! And no, you can’t just put him on the birth certificate. If you’re not married he has to sign an acknowledgement of paternity.

13 Likes

Damn… and the gf still stayed with him😯 I’d make sure she knows about it then take his dumbass to court.

You can… but if you’re doing it to put him on CS he has to sign it himself.

You should just give your child your last name. Why do that if he doesn’t want to be a father. Itll be his loss in the end.

2 Likes

Don’t do it if he changes his mind it will be more hassle than it’s worth. I’m on my way to my second court hearing with my daughters dad. Keep your life simple.

1 Like

No you cannot put a man’s name on birth certificate without him signing paternity papers. He will have to be court ordered to take a DNA test…

2 Likes

No I’m pretty sure he has to sign papers to be on it.

2 Likes

List him as father if that’s what u want

You can’t just randomly put his name on the birth certificate. You can however request a paternity test through the state to establish he’s the father. From there he will have the option to sign over his rights. If he doesn’t he will then become legally responsible to pay something for the child. However I do think that only applies if you are currently getting help from the state or plan to after the babies arrive. Such as food stamps, free health insurance, WIC, ect.

Call your local child support division office nothing can be done until the baby is born but a court ordered paternity test and go from there do not stress yourself out putting the baby and yourself at risk

1 Like

You should want to put his name on the birth certificate only for the sake of your child, not to “out” him :roll_eyes: get a grip. If he wants nothing to do with the baby then that’s his loss and you and your baby are probably better off without him anyway :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I have a little boi who is 15mths in qld australia and when you register bub they will ask his contact details like a email etc and they email the form to him to accept or not first

1 Like

You need to have him sign it if your not married.

You big dummy why would you mess with a man that was already in a whole ass relationship with another woman before you :woman_facepalming:t5:? Second knowing that he was in one and fucking with you what made you think if you got pregnant he was going to say fuck his fa sho for an idk :woman_facepalming:t5:? Baby girl just leave the situation alone and accept it for what it is and do your best to move on :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5:! People make mistakes it is just up to you to fix it!

If he is the father, he should be on the form. It’s only fair to your child

Yes definitely!! It’s not worth the trouble in the long run

He needs to sign it to be valid. But you can contact child support enforcement from the hospital when the baby is born and they will contact him and have him do a blood test to confirm and add him to it.
If he’s been eith her 5 years and is still not walking away you’re better off to change your number, block him, move away, start a fresh new adult life.

7 Likes

If he is on the birth certificate he can have custody rights if he changes his mind. Hell with that.

3 Likes

Can I ask if you know him? Like know who he is as a human being? He can always ask for joint custody and visitation if he has the legal right too. Sometimes having his name on the BC and child support are not worth it.

3 Likes

You had sex with someone who was in a relationship?

16 Likes

No. He has to sign. My boyfriend was sick and couldn’t be in the hospital for my son (had him two months ago) and they wouldn’t let me sign for him so he now has my last name. We have to go to court now over it, and he WANTED to be on it.

1 Like

Don’t use your child as a way to out a douche bag. Trust me baby daddy’s are a headache. Move on find, work on yourself, and eventually find a good man as a role model for your child.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure he has to sign a paternity affidavit.

2 Likes

Here in California u can give ur baby any name u want

Nope cause he has to sign the birth certificate to be put on it. Sorry. You can go after him for child support tho

1 Like

My kids father is not on their birth certificates he wasn’t there to sighn his problem not mine

1 Like

Tell his girlfriend . He wanted to step out and have make him deal with the consequences. Dont let him off . He will just keep doing the same thing over and over . Put his name on there so you can get him to pay child support health ins . Do it for your unborn baby . Dont let the selfish wanna be man get away with shit .

To be honest nonifnhe doesn’t want to have anything to do w the child it’s not far for the child ND it makes it easy for him try ND get the custody of the child of he changed his mind

Your first concern post birth should be to get a paternity test…

Everyone Is Bashing Her But Did She Make The Decision To Be Loyal To That Lady Noooo He Did so He Is In The Wrong But Her Knowing He Had A Whole Ass Relationship Is Wrong Too

No because he has to sign.

You can’t just put a person on your baby’s birth certificate. You can give your baby his last name if you choose. But he is the the one who has to put his name on the birth certificate…and has to sign it. But that doesn’t mean you can’t go after him for child support & you should

1 Like

Do. Not. Do. It. If he doesn’t wanna to be in your child’s life then take it from someone who has been in this situation. Walk away from the situation entirely and raise your child to know that she has a loving mother. Forcing him to be on the birth certificate won’t do anything but maybe get you a little CS. It won’t change his feelings about your baby and that’s what matters most

9 Likes

Here in arizona, the father must be present to put his signature on the birth certificate. They don’t let you write in an absent parent.

1 Like

Can’t make someone be a parent that doesn’t want to. This ought to tell you the kind of person he is and want so much better for your child than that. #hisloss

It depends on the state you are in, look into that first.

1 Like

You can give his name but if he doesnt sign it or has any objection a paternity test will be done before they will put him ON it.

Every state is different

I’m in Indiana and if you’re not married he has to sign, you can’t do it for him.

1 Like

My boyfriend had to sign… but uhh does his girlfriend know?

3 Likes

Putting him on the birth certificate gives him rights to your child, if he has already said he doesnt want anything to do with it… dont. Youve chosen to keep your baby fully aware of his circumstances. All the best!

U have to go threw family court to prove paternity and then they will add him

If he says hes not the father then no you cant pyt his name on any type of legal document.
You have to go to court get a DNA test and then he can be on rather he like it or not… But you are really wrong for sleeping with him clearly knowing hes in a relationship if you think hes going to leave his girl to be with you lol you are wrong.

8 Likes

They will automatically put him on it once the courts do a DNA test and prove that he is

Why would you sleep with someone attached?!

8 Likes

I’m honestly starting to question posts like this
I think they’re made just to start arguments
The length of his relationship and even the fact he is in one are absolutely irrelevant

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think karma just hit you big time… Its seems evident what you meant to him or rather what you didnt. I’m sorry Mz Doùch but I have no sympathy for you… You play with fire, you get burnt…
Give his GF the heads up so karma can sort Mr Doùch out as well…

2 Likes

First off, you don’t sleep with someone who you know is already in a relationship. Secondly, no, you can’t. You can’t force someone to be a parent that doesn’t want to be one.

6 Likes

I don’t believe you can put him on it yourself. I’m sure each state has different laws, in Ohio the male signing the birth certificate has to be present at the hospital in order to sign. If he isn’t, then paternity has to established through the courts and then they’ll modify the birth certificate. You would have to contact your local child support agency in order to get the court ordered dna. That’s for Ohio though, may be different in other states.

Screw that guy. That’s one low dude. You need to ask yourself if that’s really the type of person you want in you and your child’s life. Refuse anything but the best for yourself and your unborn child.

2 Likes

Indiana the father have to sign it and the baby will get your last name if not

Lmao you both are trash. Karmas a bitch

Father will be sent child support papers if you ask for State assistance and in there there’s a paper that he can send back claiming false paternity and then a the court sets a court-ordered date mandated to go get DNA swabbed and when results come back he’s automatically added

Why would you even put him on there. Child support?

4 Likes

Why would you want to.

Seems like you maybe want to put him on the BC to ruin his current relationship with having some “proof”. If he doesn’t want to acknowledge or be a part of the baby’s life, let him go!! He’s a piece of crap from the details you have given and you and the baby deserve better!!

omg…:woman_facepalming:t3:
this poor child

8 Likes

He has to sign petition of partenity and then he can sign the forms to relinquish his rights you guys can do this under the table without his gf knowing but she deserves to know… putting him on too may subject u to having to go thru visitations shared cuatody everything if he wants no responsibily ask for a picture put his first last number etc on and put it up for the baby and leave the man alone

If you’re not married, father has to be present to sign birth certificate.

Why would you have a child with someone who is in a 5 year relationship that you obviously knew about? And no he would have to sign the birth certificate in order to be on it you can’t force him to

12 Likes

& first of all you don’t sleep with someone that’s already in a relationship.

8 Likes

Dont it causes too many problems. Go it on your own.

1 Like

Bashing a girl who is pregnant by a man who was in a relationship…HE was the one with the commitment to his partner not her. And now he is the one ready to abandon an unborn baby…sounds like those two women struck gold!

10 Likes

Everyone has a right to know who their parents are. Maybe not when they are 5yrs old, but later in life. Dont deny a child that because you think he/she is a jerk now.

1 Like

Be ready for him to fight for his rights then.

1 Like

I live in the state of Alabama. The father has to be present when putting his name on the birth certificate.

I wouldn’t! Let him be gone, it’s easier!

Us women must wake up and learn to respect ourselves,for our children not to suffer because of our stupid mistakes,a man cheating with you on his gf/wife and you knowing would never make leave that woman and he will never respect you as a decent woman…

9 Likes

Honestly you are better off not trying to get him to put it on there. It’ll be a lot easier in the future of you meet someone and they want to adopt him.

1 Like

I’d makesure his girlfriend finds out exactly what horrid cheating piece of shit she’s with, save her​:grin::blush::+1:

You could say fred flintstone was the father if you wanted to

Wow. Sounds like you wanna put him on there just to be petty and cause problems.

If you and him aren’t married he has to be there or his name doesn’t go on anything.

Don’t play that dude just to get something.

So many people today having kids just to get a support check or to bash someone. Kids aren’t here for that.

2 Likes

The only way he gets added since you arent married is if you do a paternity test for child support and then they will add him on to the birth certificate

If you don’t want him to help support the child then you can

I’m pretty sure it depends on what state you live in!!

In my state he would have to be there to sign the birth certificate application. If he does not want to be on it then legally you cannot add him. My daughters father was only added to it (by a judge) after several court dates and paternity was established.

1 Like

If he doesn’t sign his name on the birth certificate and u want child support. A DNA test will need to be completed in order to collect support from him. Otherwise if he signs then he is claiming responsibility of the child and you won’t need to do a DNA test to prove he is the father.

He won’t go on the birth certificate if he’s not there to sign the paternity papers, you can give the child his last name though, and then you have to go request a paternity test when you file for child support. I mean what did you expect to happen when you agreed to be a side chick?

5 Likes

Yes. The state will still make him responsible.

If you ever found someone and they wanted to adopt the child it would make things so hard just don’t do it

You don’t have to put a father on the birth certificate and give the baby your last name. I did that. Things can always go back and be changed

If he’s saying he doesn’t want to be a part of the child’s life you shouldn’t put him in any position to be in the child’s life.

4 Likes

I wouldnt. Why would you want to put his name on birth certificate if he wants nothing to do wifh your baby??? I lied and said I didn’t know the father of my son so I didn’t have to put him on BC

2 Likes

You will have to go to paternity court to establish if he is in fact the father. Not saying he’s not but you need DNA proof he is. Then he will have legal obligations to the child in which he will most likely also get visitation rights. He can sign off his rights to the child but I believe you have to be okay with that as well. If you plan on/are on state aid then most likely the state will take him to court. I will say I’m proud of you for making him step up to his responsibilities… he doesn’t have to be in the babies life to help at least financially support him/her.

In my state, the father (if not married to the mother) either has to sign paperwork claiming paternity of the child, or she has to take him to court to establish paternity through a court ordered paternity test.

2 Likes

Depends on where you live. Where I live, the mother fills out the birth records alone. The father has nothing to do with them.

Does his girlfriend know? I mean I know thats not your question… But thats probably a big reason. You know y’all having an affair and all.

But to answer, I believe the father has to sign it himself. Otherwise you’ll need to establish paternity, ans with him not being cooperative you’ll probably need an order for a DNA test to establish paternity, get child support and his name on the birth certificate.

I wouldn’t bother, he has his relationship, he not interested…

2 Likes

Here in Missouri the father has to be present to sign the birth certificate. Once paternity is established through child support or the state they automatically add him to the birth certificate. It even says on the birth certificate that state of MO is who added him on there.

So you messed around with a guy behind his gfs back ?

11 Likes

He needs to sign an affidavit stating hes the father if ur not married. Even if not u can still take him to court for child support. A birth certificate means shit.

I think it depends on your state, so research those laws. Also, I hope you didn’t know he had a girlfriend for 5 years.

3 Likes

Don’t give him the father’s name if he wants nothing to do with him

3 Likes

Girl. If you knew he had a girl that whole time, I think it’s your karma to not have him on the birth certificate. Granted, he does need to step up bc you both made those mistakes but at the same time you can not force someone to be there if they don’t want to. It sucks … but it’s the truth.

8 Likes

No he has to sign it but if doesn’t want anything to do with the baby then have him sign over his rights

Why would you want his name on the birth certificate? After he messed around with you while he has a girlfriend of 5 years…you want your child around that kind of person? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

You are allowed to put his name on the birth certificate paperwork but with out the paternity affidavits his name will not be included on the actual birth certificate - those have to be turned in with the birth certificate if you are not married - only the mother signs the birth certificate paperwork

You do not have to add a father. It’s better not to this way you have full custody until court :wink:

2 Likes

You can’t make him sign the birth certificate .
Seems like youd be better off if he didnt anyways 🤷

2 Likes