Can it be normal to bleed in pregnancy?

Need some advice… I’m 10 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I went to er due to cramping and spotting baby was fine and everything just got put on bed rest. This morning I get up and go to the bathroom it looked like I had started my period and the cramps I’m having feels like a bad period. Could this be normal? Or do I need to go back? Pic in comments

5 Likes

From an xray tech who works in a hospital, go to the emergency room right now. Don’t ask strangers on the internet, and don’t start googling stuff, it will only stress you out. Take some big breaths in from your nose and out through your mouth and go to the ER now. :heart:

4 Likes

Whatever she feels, she needs to go to hospital right away.

2 Likes

As a labor and delivery nurse I would advise to go back if bleeding is more than 1 pad per hour. Unfortunately, your not far enough along to do anything to stop the process if you are miscarriage. Rest, hydration and limit caffeine. But…like I said if bleeding is soaking 1 pad an hour need to go be seen. Best luck.

4 Likes

Definitely go back. On the pregnancy after loss board I was on our mantra was “if in doubt - get checked out!”.

2 Likes

Always trust your instincts. Go back to

1 Like

If your bleeding has changed; you need to go back.

1 Like

Go back if you’re not happy with what’s going on but I bled with both my pregnancies at around 8-10 weeks it was like a period but only lasted 2/3 days and everything was fine but go get checked again if you fele you need to, plus it will put your mind at rest if you do too

1 Like

I would go back to the ER. I was bleeding up till my 15th week or so but it was only here and there and just like spotting when I wiped since then it has stopped and my baby is fine I’m 20 weeks now

If it’s bright red I would go back asap

Please go back to the hospital
Especially if you are going through 1 pad per hour
Sadly as your only 10 weeks
They won’t be able to stop a miscarriage from happening
Are you passing any big clots
You may have already miscarried
You really need to seek medical attention right now
If you have miscarried
I’m so extremely sorry for your loss
My sincere condolences to you and your family :heart::heart::heart: