Can my daughter have an Encanto themed birthday party?

Let the baby have the birthday party she wants. There’s nothing racist about it

2 Likes

Wait … what?! This is all becoming too much
:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

I hope this is a joke :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Anyone who associates her birthday theme with race is the problem. Not your daughter loving the movie, and not you for giving her the party the wants.

4 Likes

Seriously, it’s a kids movie. Of course that’s ok

If you want to give your daughter an encanto theme party you do it you don’t have to ask anyones permission your an adult give your daughter a party she will remember forever enjoy it xxxx

4 Likes

I get the question. Nowadays it feels like everything we lead to ‘its racist’
Even earrings…I read some rant on IG how White woman cannot wear big round earrings. :see_no_evil:
In the 90’s en Early 00 Everyone wore it.

So I get why this mama asked this question.

5 Likes

Racism is if you use it in a harmful way - being derogatory about it and disrespectful towards people because of their race…. People need to understand racism, it baffles me that people have to ask this question like walking on eggshells! A childs birthday party i believe could not be racist unless somebody is making fun of the race/mimicking it in a disrespectful manner at the party i see no issue!

1 Like

Perhaps you need to actually look up the definition of racism.

1 Like

Racism is something bred into the younger generations… You thinking it could be seen as racist … Is racist … Children are innocent … :heart:

2 Likes

I get what you’re saying and it’s always important for us to step back and think about these things. Given the outfits are culturally inspired not traditional dress etc I think it’s fine, and you can use it as a cultural teaching moment too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It’s only racist if some snowflake has a problem

Go ahead and let your little have the party of her dreams

4 Likes

This can’t be real……

1 Like

Why is this even a question?! Not being racist one bit.

A child doesn’t know racism? It’s actual behaviour like this, that teaches children racism if anything. Understand your thinking, but we’re talking about children, that don’t see colour. Just other kids.

1 Like

Is this what the world is now? Where parents are too scared to give their kids a birthday party in the theme of a movie?? Give the child the party she wants for gods sake. No harm in an Encanto theme, it’s no different to a Spider man theme for example

2 Likes

If your doing it to make fun of a culture than yes it is …. If not then go for it

Hahahhahaha :joy::joy::joy:This can’t be serious? :sweat_smile:

It’s a child’s birthday let her have her day

My 4 year old had an encanto party this year. It’s her absolute favorite movie. I didn’t even think twice about it because it wasn’t an issue. She has many friends who come from all kinds of backgrounds, cultures and families and never once has she ever felt any different than her besties who are mixed. Let your kiddo have a party that she loves without worrying if it’s going to offend someone. There’s nothing racist about exploring and experiencing different cultures with your children. Let this be a teaching moment for her :heart:

The fact that you have to ask says a lot…. Racism is alive and well :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s sad that people feel the need to ask these type of questions…

It’s sad that we can’t innocently admire another culture without worrying that we may offend someone.
:persevere:

No mama it’s not racist to have a Encanto cake. I love that movie too

“Were white”? What colour are you now? Wow, the things that Americans stress over seems crazy to the rest of the world

Happy birthday to your daughter and give your baby what she wants! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Encanto is a great Disney movie! And whoever may have an issue remove them from your circle asap.

My son had a blippi/ encanto party in one. He likes both- never a second thought I’m my head. :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s was a fun mix tho :rofl: interesting :joy: