Can someone suggest some recipes for healthy snacks to make?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

3 Likes

Just had my first Koni Salad. It was amazing!!

https://www.hungry-girl.com/recipes/categories/recipes-for-sides-starters-snacks

Apple,orange,carrot they come already made

1 Like

Broiled tomato slices with a bit of mayonnaise and melted cheese. Egg roll bowl

Smoothies: banana, spinach, blueberries, seeds if you like. Add milk or milk substitute and whizz. Alternatively avocado on toast. Yum :yum:

1 Like

Lovely question…

• Bake your own granola oat cookies (with dates / dried fig chunks, agave syrup and cinnamon). Cinnamon is good for weight loss. Sugar causes cancer so avoid that and use agave syrup.

• Gluten free balsamic rice cakes with smashed homemade guacamole (drizzle lots of lime juice on the Avocado :avocado:, add a pinch of curry powder and thinly chopped red onion, lime zest adds a new dimension too)

• Easy snack: frozen blueberries 🫐

• Ochra chips (ochra speeds up the metabolism compensating for eg. soya slowing down he metabolic rate). Ochra is great for weight loss.

• My favourite homemade smoothie recipe is choc / berry Vegan Protein Powder (from RejuvaLife or Vega or Warrior), I always choose the dairy free and soya free options. Add a spoon to a glass of almond milk (Plenish is purest brand or innocent hazelnut milk), add avocado (or use pure frozen coconut chunks with agave syrup), frozen blueberries / raspberries and cinnamon.
    You could add a teaspoon of maca powder, great for hormonal balance, libido and most uplifting. Decorate with dried goji berries or crushed hazelnuts. I like to eat the smoothie with a tiny teaspoon and pretend it’s a dessert. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Waitrose do a beautiful whole roast chicken (lemon & thyme) I add truffle mayonnaise which is amazing with chicken. Easily sourced in large supermarkets. You can grate or spiralise courgettes, carrots and beetroot… creating a slaw with shredded chicken in truffle mayo on top. Decorate with crushed almonds. I like to present this in a Martini glass with a tiny fork. Layer the slaw in a rainbow… beetroot 1st then carrot, then courgette with shredded chicken in truffle mayo on top, covered in crushed almonds… add a few edible dried rose petals on top for colour.

Enjoy x

2 Likes

Strawberries cooked low for several hours