Can you be let go from a job you have never been in trouble with?

It depends on where you live. But in most states it’s legal to let someone go with no explanation whatsoever.

If you work in an at will work state… yes…

2 Likes

If you have “at will employment” yes…they can find almost any excuse to fire you

You could try and file for wrongful termination but all your company needs is one form of documentation to show insubordination

Depends on what state you live in. Missouri is a “at will” state. This means you or the employer need no reason to quit or be terminated.

My niece found out she was pregnant and told her employer and they said cause she wouldn’t be able to lift blank amount of #'s cause of her pregnancy they fired her

1 Like

I was tenured in my job. 5 years working with children with special needs. Worked with the hardest students. I was forced into resignation because they claimed I stole things. I tried to prove I didn’t but they didn’t listen.

In Ga they can fire for no reason My husband was fired while he laid on an operating table having a cancerous mass removed…Now that’s sorry and wrong But one things for sure God Dont Like Ugly

Most states are considered “at will”, meaning you can be let go from a job, and the employer doesn’t even have to give a reason

thats the problem with the restaurant/ service industry. a complaint is enough, they don’t even need proof

Remind your employer of the wonderful things you’ve done, and how you enjoy your job ! We all make mistakes and act on emotions at times . Let them know you understand the verbal warning and want to show you are able to move forward … and that you contribute to the company . If you do leave the job … just know you are not alone, and this happens to many . You are strong and will find another job you enjoy and that will meet your financial needs . Please try not to worry about the past and move forward, being “Mindful” about the present and the now !!

If you live in a "no fault state " you can be let go at anytime for any reason.
Not worth the stress find something better.

Depending on what state you are in, yes u can. You are an ‘At Will’ employee. Your employer can fire you for no reason.

Depending on the state yes. File for unemployment. Fight it so u can get benefits till u get a new job. Won’t be much but better than noting b

Your employer can let you go for any reason… they don’t need a reason… they own the company and they choose if you do or do not work for them.

In Maine you do not need a reason. ( I assume it varies state to state)

Sucks but yes… I was employed for.19 yrs no complaints…no issues all acclimates.then 1 person used the race card and I was out the door… :frowning:

Georgia is a Right To Work State. Employers do not have to have a real reason to fire you

Omg I’m going through something similar. At will state sucks. I’ll see what this meeting is about on Monday.

Yes. If it is an at will employment company…

If it in texas they can ots a at will state

at-will employment, yes, i would not let them do it to me.

Depends, is the state you’re in, a No Cause state?

Yes, and if the new manager is forming a circle and you feel you are not welcome, be prepared.just saying…it happened to me

At will employment look it up

Depends on which state you work in. AZ is an “at-will employment” state and you can be fired at any time. Now, whether you are eligible for unemployment is a completely separate story.

It varies from state to state. In Utah, employers don’t have to give a reason.

Depends on your state laws for where you live. What state?

Time to move on,where you will be appreciated

1 Like

You can be fired for a complaint.

In a right to work state yes

I’d definitely call the home office and ask for an official termination letter for unemployment.

They can’t fire a person for medical tho.

Defiantly check your State Laws!!

Get yourself another job hon, and be around friends…:sparkling_heart:

Indiana is a no-fault state

Depends on the state.

They do, they’re jealous of you. It happens.

Depending on where you live you can be terminated at any time without reason. For instance Florida is a right to work state so they can fire you for no reason.

If u live in an “At will” state they can fire without cause or notice. Doesn’t matter how great you are at your job they can do as they please

Yes. You are an at-will employee.

You might be better off.

Bullies grow up but they stay bullies, sadly.

Only, when they come of age we call them “toxic” or “narcissists.”

Depends on if you state is “a right to work or at will” state. If your state is then you can be fired just because. If your state is not then they have to have cause and proof of corrective actions…ie warning write up second write up final write up termination all documented.
Check you state laws

Yes, if you are in a ‘Right to work’ State.

In a right to work state. No reason needed.

Am happy to share this wonderful news about how I thought my wife was barren.Brothers and sisters we got married for 10 years no cry of babies in the house pressure started mounting from relatives but I loved my wife so much and decided to go to Allah in prayers.on S certain day I was screwing through my phone and a post of how a woman who was barren was given herbal medicine and her case was solved though reluctant I tried it out and behold two months times my wife was confirmed pregnant by the hospital please am just too excited now but if you need the Doctors assistance you can call or whatsapp him on {+2358169785951}for more

Depends on the state

There is no loyalty any more.

Have you spoken with HR? District manager? I had the same problem with a manager and I could not win, had been there for 15 years at the end just quit, was not worth the stress, if you get unemployment get it and look for another job. But, yes they can fire you without a valid reason,unless HR or district manager transfer you to another location.

That’s pretty sad if this in America. Here in Australia you have to have 3 warnings 2 at least written before they can dismiss you. If not you can go to Fairwork Australia and take the employer to court. But it all depends on the type of Contract you signed prior to starting…

Yes. Many companies can let you go at will.

It depends on their discipline policies. Here are the employment rights, if you feel you were let go without just cause you can always file a complaint and let the labor board investigate, | novascotia.ca

1 Like

Go to the Labour relations commissioner

Wow. Thanks for all the responses everyone. I live in AZ I know it’s a right to work state but as far as at will . Idk. I’m just actually realizing I am better off without the headache of that place (IHOP) I’m just taking the time to enjoy my children, in these awful times. I just hope and pray as y I can get unemployment…thanks again for everyone who cares.:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Depends on your state laws.

In TN, you can be let go for no reason and at any time. IMO, it’s the worst thing about living here.

That’s what happens to good employees in some work places and the Boss should be the one replaced.

1 Like

Most jobs now are at will jobs meaning no reason if letting you go

4 Likes

Some states are at will states which means they can let you go for any reason - if this happens you can try to get unemployment.

Been there, and looking back I would have left that job sooner than I did because it will only get worse. It took a new employee to tell me that I was getting thrown under the bus intentionally. I ended up finding a new job quickly that paid more and felt respected. Recommend you do the same before you go through what I did

Depending on what state you are in yes you can. Illinois is an at will state. In Illinois your employer can fire you because they don’t like your name or your left eye is too crooked. Doesn’t matter. My guess is that you are probably good at your job and someone feels threatened. Or it could have to do with covid.

2 Likes

Yes it is possible, but you should fight back and ask for the reason …

Some states are right to work states and can fire you for any reason

Make sure you collect unemployment you might not like me but you sure have to pay me

Screw them they will learn when all the good staff is gone. Go onto better places.

If you do go to the better business and they will help you

It’s crap not having job security

they make stink bombs for such an occasion. just have your friends go have a nice meal then just before they leave step on the stink bomb, then sit across the street & watch the azzhole manager open the doors praying the smell will leave the building before the nights up.