Can you breastfeed after nipple piercings?

I had my nipples pierced when I was 18. I only had them in for less then a year. Iโ€™m in my 30s about ready to have my 1st child. I was wondering if anyone has ever breasts feed after nipple piercing?

30 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you breastfeed after nipple piercings? - Mamas Uncut

If the nipple isnโ€™t damaged or scarred bad you can.

My friend didโ€ฆ2 kids afterโ€ฆ

Sure can!!! I did and and no issues!

I had mine done when I was 18 and also only had them in for less than a year. Had no problems breast feeding either of my children

I got my nipples pierced when I was 17, got pregnant at 18. Removed them after I found out I was pregnant. I nursed my son with no issues.

Yes, I breastfed 3 children after having mine peirced twice.

Yes but take out the jewelry baby can chokeโ€ฆlearned the hard way lol

6 Likes

I had mine done when I was pregnant and still do now

The milk comes out of all the holes, but I took mine out as I felt the piercing was a choking hazard
If youโ€™re comfortable, they wonโ€™t stop you

1 Like

Yup sure did. I didnโ€™t for long cause I couldnโ€™t produce enough, but it worked while I could! Lol

I did with both of mineโ€ฆ no issues at all!

Yes it just comes out of all 3 holes instead of the one. Had mine pierced for 10 years before having my last child in October 21 and have been successfully breastfeeding since his birth.

1 Like

i got them done when i was 17, i got pregnant at 20 and thatโ€™s when i took them out. i gave birth a few months after my 21st and i had no issues at all!

I got my nipples done at 18. Had them done for about 5 months, took them out when I found out I was pregnant. Successfully breastfed for a whole year. Had another baby, breastfed him for a year
got my nipples pierced again. Had them done for 2 years.
I just took them out 3 months ago when I found out I was pregnant again and I fully intend on breastfeeding again.

Yes my friend had her done and she does

Yes, take them out though. Just so baby doesnโ€™t choke or anything

Yes you can, donโ€™t feed with your jewellery in, take the time to take them out and put them back in each time. I ended up leaving mine out after trying to screw them back on at 2am with a crying baby. I got them repierced as a gift to myself once our breastfeeding journey ended. :slightly_smiling_face:

I took mine out for fear of a choking hazard. Not worth the risk. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I would say take piercing out

If you had them in for less than a year that means they never healed as a piercing. They healed and closed within weeks after you quit wearing them. Your nipples are not pierced anymore.

If they were though it would still be ok, without jewelry though of course.

I found no I have a blocked ducked 8byears on

Yup! Had mine pierced for a decade! So yes, the milk sometimes comes out the sides where they were pierced but very very little. And I had mine way longer than yours. Iโ€™ve had 2 girls, breastfed both for two years no problem. Currently 18 weeks again and milk is already coming in again. You may still have trouble but the reason shouldnโ€™t theoretically be because of the piercings. Lots can happen with milk production and latching etc. good luck!!!

Yup. I did. I had mine pierced for 14 years. Never had an issue.

My daughter has with both kids :blush:

I breast fed WITH new piercings :grin: just took out the jewelry and kid went to town :grin:leave them option open for bottle fed because sometimes piercings migrate or create scar tissue and you could have a damaged duct, but USUALLY itโ€™s fine and dandy :grin::grin: itโ€™s worth a try at least!! And remember to pump pump pump to get your supply up :grin::grin: good luck ans congrats !! :heart::heart:

1 Like

You are probably good. I know someone that had hers done but soon after she breast-fed and it caused a lot of choking so she stopped๏ฟผ.

Yes take them out clean, feed, put back in

I did, but mine closed. Had mine from 18 to 26. I just didnโ€™t like putting the rings back in after taking them out constantly and just let them close.

2 Likes

Reading is fundamental :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes lol itโ€™s exactly the same

Some of yโ€™all need to go back and read the post. She USED to have them pierced. Had them in for less than a year.

Anyway, Iโ€™ve never had mine pierced but have heard it both ways from friends. Sometimes it works, some have issues. But Iโ€™d also like to point out having issues may have nothing to do with the piercing. I would say go for it!

5 Likes

Many women have breastfed after having their nipples pierced, youโ€™ll be fine. If you ever want to get them pierced again just take them out before your baby eats, please.

1 Like

Yeah your gonna have to pull those bad boys out :flushed::grimacing::expressionless:

1 Like

I took mine out with both kids and put them back in after we ended out breast feeding journeys itโ€™ll be just fine !

2 Likes

I was able to just fine.

Yes, you can breastfeed even if you have pierced nipples. If you still have jewelry in or ever put them back in while you are breastfeeding, just take the jewelry out during feeds because it is a choking hazard. It is a myth that you cannot.

I exclusively breastfed my son for over a year after nipple piercings no problem! I took my rings out while pregnant, and ended up getting them redone when I was done breast feeding.

You can but you gotta take the jewelry out each feeding. Jewelryโ€™s a choking hazard.

Yes you can. I did. I took them out to breast feed then cleaned and sanitized them before putting the โ€˜em back in.

I had mine pierced in 2016, had my first baby in 2017 and literally took my jewelry out whole hubby was cutting the cord :sweat_smile: breastfed for 27 months with her, no problems. Left my jewelry out and had baby #2 last April. Breastfeeding for 11 months with her and going strong! Nipple piercings donโ€™t effect your ability to breastfeed at all :wink:

2 Likes

It shouldnโ€™t affect it to bad. Squeeze your breast like youโ€™re gonna express milkโ€ฆ if you express you will be fine. If not then obviously not.

Yeah, but please take them out or get a bigger size before they get stuck :flushed::joy:

I have mine done, and took them out once I went in for my c section and now I take my rings out every time itโ€™s feeding time. And my baby is eating just fine

Iโ€™ve actually noticed milk coming from the location of the piercing, so itโ€™s just extra milk flow in my case :joy::joy:

I had my done age 18-19 took em out. Had my daughter at 26 and breast fed just fine

I took them out when I was pregnant and my daughter was breastfed and had no problem

I did!!! My first child i had taken them out during my pregnancy and about drown her. Lol 10 years later with my second child (after never repiercing them) it was just fine. Couldnโ€™t even tell.

I had issues not relating to my piercings. I took them out while pregnant and just never put them back in. For the time that we WERE able to breastfeed, milk flowed just fine. The only issue i had was when pumping. Milk came out of the piercing holes in such a way that made the flanges uncomfortable and everything turn to wet suction, always had to clean up under my breasts because it would drip after wet pumping like that. Grrr. Could be i needed a different pump or flanges, but i tried different sizes with the same result. ๐Ÿคท Hard to say what happened, but breastfeeding itself was fine.

1 Like

One of my piercing holes leaks but Iโ€™ve breastfed 5 kids no problems. I no longer have my rings in

1 Like

Yep. I did both my second and third kiddo

Good luck. Mine were pierced for a year, and then I had my baby, and they closed up immediately.

Yes! My daughter does.

Yes. Lol, they leak a lot tho๐Ÿคฃ I took mine out for both of my last pregnancies once I was around 5-6mo. They did close up almost all the way both times, so I have to go back & get them redone for a third time๐Ÿฅฒ

1 Like

Yes I ended up bfingnfor 18 months and I had mine in for 5 years

Just remove the jewelry to breastfeed

Youโ€™ve had them out for over 10+years. They are probably closed up by now.

1 Like

I had mine done and itโ€™s fine. Never had issue

Yes you just have to be careful. Sometimes too much milk will come out or sometimes the scar tissue can block ducts. Everyone is different but request a lactation consultant and they can help you out and work with your personal needs

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought Iโ€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19633 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREโ€ฆ https://homejobbuildup2.neocities.org/

1 Like

Yes sometimes my milk would spray put from the holes but no other issues

Yes just take them out so they donโ€™t chokeโ€ฆ

Yes just comes out faster haha

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought Iโ€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16880 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREโ€ฆ https://homeonlinejobbuilder10.neocities.org/

I got mine a few months before I got pregnant, took them out and weโ€™re almost 10 months into breastfeeding. The only thing is changed is I had to angle him up a little higher during let downs because the milk totally floods out the piercing holes and it choked him up a few times.

Yep. Literally my exact situation and BF-ed for 21 months

Why are people laughing at her question? Her first pregnancy, has a legitimate question and people are laughing at her. This sort of thing pisses me off. Let people ask a question, without being so damn rude.

Is it possible, yes. Should you do it? No take the nipple bar out because your baby could accidentally get the ball off and swallow the bar or the ball. ๏ฟผ

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought Iโ€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $11335 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREโ€ฆ https://aqua-datha-43.tiiny.site/

With nipple piercings does it make the milk flow too much? Have people used nipple shields to decrease the flow?

Yes it shouldnโ€™t affect the feeding pretty much

Yeah. And be ready for a fassssssst flow. Lol

1 Like

I had mine done. You just might have to pace feed. Thatโ€™s what i had to do with my boys. My flow was to strong. So I fed a little bit and stopped if they were getting a little choked up then started again. You shouldnโ€™t have a problem at all. When you are at the hospital talk to a Lactation consultant they can help you with different holds that help with it. I used the football hold a lot.

Yeah, I have 4 kids and have breastfed them all. My one breast was ruined and my areola was piercedโ€ฆ not my nipple. But I had them pierced twice. I have an extremely heavy flow. And the one where my areola was pierced constantly leaks or clogs and doesnโ€™t produce as well as my other!

Yes. Took mine out at 12 weeks due to sore boobs. I breast fed My youngest. no issues at all.

I had mine done immediately before getting pregnant, you just have extra holes milk comes out of lol

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought Iโ€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16233 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREโ€ฆ https://homeonlinejob44.tiiny.site/

Yes, momma of two here, I had mine done when I was 21, got pregnant with my oldest 6 months after getting them done, took them out when I found out I was pregnant and was able to successfully breastfeed both my babies.

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought Iโ€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $23704 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREโ€ฆ https://homeonlineworkjobz523.tiiny.site/

Yea you just shoot more milk out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It comes out like a shower anyways :woozy_face::joy:

2 Likes

Yes you can I know someone who had hers done and she took them out so she could nurse her son and then she got them re-done when he was older.

I wouldnโ€™t see why there would be any reason you couldnโ€™t so I say go for it if thatโ€™s really what you want

I did and had no issues

Yeah. My sister in law had her nipples pierced right up till delivery of first child (had them pierced for ages) and breastfed her babies fine.

Take them out early. My daughter didnโ€™t and we had to go find pliers in the middle of labor to get them off. And then her hole never closed and she had milk going out every where two holes and two fast for baby.

๐–ณ๐—‹๐—Ž๐—Œ๐— ๐—†๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—‰๐—…๐–บ๐—๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—†, ๐–จ ๐–ฝ๐—ˆ๐—‡โ€™๐— ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—Œ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—‡๐–พ๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—Ž๐–พ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—„ ๐–บ๐—€๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡, ๐—๐—‹๐—Ž๐—Œ๐— ๐—†๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—’ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—€๐—ˆ๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ผ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐—€๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—ƒ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐— ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—๐–พ๐—‰, ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—ˆ๐—๐—‡ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐—Œ
100% ๐—…๐–พ๐—€๐—‚๐—โ€ฆ๐—ƒ๐—ˆ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐–ฅ๐–บ๐–ผ๐–พ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„ ๐—…๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐—†๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—‚๐—‡๐–ฟ๐—ˆ
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

๐—œ๐—ป๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ฎ ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ถ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ. ๐—”๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ป ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฏ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ถ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—บ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐˜‚๐—น๐˜๐˜†. ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
:envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow:

I had mine pierced about 6-7 years prior to having my son. Nothing ever came out of one side and the other side only produced enough that I would pump every time I fed him and only got enough for one bottle a day of breastmilk and the rest was all formula. He was never able to latch and feed directly from the breast. They said it was because the amount of milk coming out of the piercing holes was gagging him. You have to think, all those milk ducts that were punctured were draining into that one hole like a straw and coming out in one spot instead of spread out around the nipple like it should be.

1 Like

I did with no issues

Squirting out in all direction :joy:

1 Like

I had mine done before kids, no issues

1 Like

I currently have a 1 month old, Iโ€™ve had my piercings almost two years. I just take the jewelry out before feeds.

I had mine done and took them out during my pregnancy and everything was just fine

I did with no issues caused by having them pierced the only issue I ever had was a flat nipple my daughter didnโ€™t like but again that doesnโ€™t have anything to do with the piercings