Can you drink mountain dew while pregnant?

I am also 35 weeks and 6 days pregnant today! Small world!
I drink soda and coffee. This is my third pregnancy, did the same with my first two pregnancies and the kiddos are perfect.

Cravings will get you every time

I drank pop throughout both of my pregnancies and they are both healthy happy kiddos!!

you can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day when pregnant.

I drank pop. It’s all good.

The sugar is the only thing to look out for. If u drink it and start going towards gestational diabetes . Thats not a good thing. Just drink in moderation, but u can have a little a day

Girl go get you a soda :expressionless:

4 Likes

I survived my pregnancy with sweet tea and dr.pepper… no problems at all during pregnancy or after birth

Moderation but I drank tons of sweet tea n had a sodas here and there. Both kids happy n healthy.

I drink diet Dr pepper.

200 mg of caffeine is the limit I was told. About a large coffee or a can of soda or two depending on how much caffeine it has.

I drank coffee and cokes both pregnancy as long as it’s within the limits ur fine

Honestly i have a soda everyday. I quit smoking and cut down on everything that has sugar so my soda keeps me sane

Honestly. Unless your doctor tells you for medical reasons you cant have it . It’s going to hurt nothing lol

I drank diet mountain dew religiously during both of my pregnancies. Both girls are perfect and extremely healthy.

I drink pop and sometimes when real tired at work I’ll drink a monster. The struggle is real

Ingredients:
-Carbonated Water
-Concentrated orange juice
-Citric acid
-Natural flavor
-Citrus pectin
-Potassium benzoate (preserves freshness)
-Aspartame
-Potassium citrate
-Caffeine (36 mg/8 fl.oz.) – equates to 54 mg/12 fl.oz.
-Sodium citrate
-Acesulfame potassium
-Sucralose
-Gum arabic
-Sodium benzoate (preserves freshness)
-Calcium disodium EDTA
-Brominated vegetable oil
-Yellow 5

None of these ingredients are good for a developing baby. Aspartame is linked with all sorts of health issues. Brominated vegetable oil, which is also a flame retardant I believe, is banned in Japan and Europe for a good reason. Yellow 5, otherwise known as tartrazine, is a carcinogen and linked with ADHD and other behavioural disorders in children. Yeah drinking soda/pop isn’t going to kill you, but to brush it off like it’s no big deal is bad advice as well.

Try curbing the cravings with healthier options like fruit or fruit juice.

1 Like

I drank it as I wanted it. Babies were happy and healthy.

I drank a small mini can of mnt dew in the mornings but I also didn’t drink coffee

I drank Mtn Dew my whole pregnancy. Never diet bc it’s actually worse than regular.
You’ll be fine and so will the lo.

Shoot I drank Coca Cola religiously all throughout my pregnancy and my kid is just fine and about to be five months old! And I still drink it every day :joy:

I drank pop throughout pregnancy and my baby is perfectly healthy

I drink Pepsi & coffee my boys turned out just fine. Everyone is different

You can drink soda while you are pregnant it just has to be limited.

You’re still alive and healthy… Go for it. :roll_eyes: Drink what you want, so long as it isn’t alcoholic, you’re fine. Moderation can be difficult when you’re pregnant and you crave what you crave.

I drank mt dew with both my kids! No issues

30 weeks & I’m always craving Dr. Pepper and when I crave it I drink it. I think it’s completely fine as long as you’re staying hydrated with water too. But then again, me and baby are and have been healthy the whole pregnancy.

I drank Pepsi throughout all 5 of my pregnancies…all babies were fine.

I drank soda with all mine including this one…other then water vitamin waters/and sweet tea and then sundrop is the ONLY soda i drink that i like with this pregnancy. Cutting caffeine out completely might be more stressful for you mentally and physically right now…i miscarried in july and ended up pregnant again by September…i tried cutting out caffeine so i didnt mess anything up but kept headaches migranes and was just an irritable person and spoke to my doctor…he said it was more stressful on my body to cut it out completely to just limit my intake.

I drank coca cola like a crazy person. I was never a really big soda drinker when I got pregnant both times ( I still drank a ton of water, put your pitch forks down.) I drank coca cola a lot. My children turned out fantastic they are extremely intelligent and at the top of there percentiles. The world didnt end. Eat and drink what you crave. I had a couple of sub sandwiches to. Cleared with my doc and everything again my kids are perfect. (You know what I mean.) I think there are way to many restrictions on pregnant woman. Its ridiculous.

I’ve been drinking Dr. Pepper and coffee almost everyday and I am 35 weeks 5 days. I did the same with my second and she is fine, no issues. I wouldnt make it without the caffine. My first I did everything by the book

I drank soda with both of mine and I still do with this one. Everything is fine with them. Everything is ok in moderation

I dont drink any caffine havent my whole pregnancy and found out a month ago caffine can cause heart arythmia i now go to doc 1x a week they say my son has it were hoping ot goes away but it caant be cause caffine because i dont drink any and havnt at all

I am caffeine intolerant. Causes severe migraines so coke and other drinks containing caffeine I avoided anyway but other stuff like lemonade, fanta, tango and shops own stuff I drank with both my pregnancies.

I just drank pop through out my whole pregnancy and my son was fine :grin: that and cheese fries lol i didn’t have much of a good diet but he came on fine lol

A friend of mine craved mt dew like no other lol. But you can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day. A can of coke is only like 30. I’m assuming a mt dew is a little more but you should be fine! :blush:

I drink probably 4-5 sodas a week and there hasn’t been an complications in my pregnancy. I probably have coffee 2-3 a month a have no problems either. I have read several places, including the binder my doctor gave me at my first appt that a soda/coffee (16oz) a day is not a problem.

2 Likes

I have at least 3-4 sodas a day and I have 2 healthy daughters and currently pregnant with my third daughter nothing wrong with it!

With my first I craved Pepsi, snickers and chicken fried steak. With my second I craved nachos covered with jalapeños… I really craved soda but I couldn’t drink it because I had justasinal diabetes.

They told me a small cup of caffeine a day is fine just one tho

I drank and still do drink pop all the time. My kids are just fine and so am I. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Some moms do meth… Its only soda…Baby will be fine…

3 Likes

I would have sprite or caffeine free soda like mug root beer