Can you freeze food?

Hi, i’m 35 weeks prego with second baby and been making meals to freeze. A friend of mine told me ‘’ oh no don’t freeze food’’ it’s not healthy!! what do u all think about that?:roll_eyes:

46 Likes

Dont listen to your friend.

10 Likes

Its healthy. I meal prep all the time and than freeze mine

She’s crazy. You’re helping yourself out by planning ahead. It will be so nice having things prepped.

3 Likes

You’re friend needs to be better educated before spouting off at the mouth.

4 Likes

I do it all the time! We did it when I had my 2nd son in October!

I freeze leftovers all of the time. Its not healthy to eat pre frozen store bought food all the time because of the sodium that’s usually in it. But if you cooking it, you know what’s in it. And I PROMISE you will thank yourself later! Cook on momma, cook on!

6 Likes

It’s healthy, and fun and time efficient. You’ll need that for baby number two

Lol how would it even be bad?

Lol. Ridiculous. Freezing foods keeps most of us sane.

2 Likes

It’s perfectly fine unless your friend is going to cook you food then take the help

2 Likes

Freezing is fine! I think your friend should either cook all your meals or she should hush :woman_shrugging:t2: lol.

5 Likes

Freezing preserves it without the added preservatives :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

How is it not healthy? Lol am I completely unaware of something

1 Like

I think your friend needs an education.

10 Likes

Meal prepping and freezing is the way to go! Maybe she got sick of the luke warm prok and is traumatized, but it is just like you made it that day when you pull it and thaw

3 Likes

If there is a meat sale better bet I’ll stock up, portion in freezer bags and have a freezer full of meat for whatever I need to cook.

3 Likes

She knows nothing about food, ignore her

1 Like

Um she’s full of it. I need to do it more honestly

Since you’re the one cooking and prepping the meals, you should be fine. That is not unhealthy.

1 Like

I think she has no idea what she’s talking about… obviously

2 Likes

Freezing food is perfectly fine as long as its covered properly. Hell i think my chili n soup tastes better after recooking it when frozen

Wtf lol why would freezing foor be unhealthy??

1 Like

Your friend is obviously not very bright. It can be healthy. Unless she’s coming over everyday to cook, tell her to mind her own damn business!

Have your friend come cook for you so she can see how handy and convenient frozen meals really are when you have a newborn.

1 Like

Freeze away my dear. Its completely fine. Ur friend is coo-koo nd has no clue what shes talking about. Honestly good fer u fer thinking ahead like that

She probably just going off the fact that we all look for restraunts that have non frozen meat. Doesnt know facts but assumes thats the reason why. Theres nothing wrong with aside from you may loose some taste in your meats.

Millions of Americans do this called food prep. Lol

1 Like

People mean well, but sometimes they say the dumbest things.

7 Likes

No never heard that!!

1 Like

My mom froze food all the time when I was a kid and things if women have also recommended freezing food before birth so :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Im sure she butchers a cow :cow: everyday herself and churs her butter too. :roll_eyes: makin frozen meals helps especially when your time constraints and need help. Pop in oven and save yourself time and energy (that and a good dishwasher). Babies, parents or elderly, or even yourself after surgery. You cant go wrong.

3 Likes

They’re are many things that don’t freeze well, but only taste or texture will change. Do NOT freeze cans of food or eggs still in the shell. If you need to freeze those 2 things, open them and freeze in another container.

They call them freezer meals for a reason. Tell your friend she is welcome to come prepare, cook, and clean up after all your meals if she is that concerned.

1 Like

Freeze ahead crockpot meals are lifesavers!

1 Like

The only way it could be unhealthy is if you put the food in the freezer while it’s still hot. That can cause rapid bacteria growth (both while it’s grazing, and while you’re thawing it out). Just allow time for your meals to be cooled down completely before putting them in the freezer. Other than that, I have no idea what your friend is talking about.

4 Likes

Your friend isn’t well educated on the subject. Maybe teach her how you make your meals to freeze…

1 Like

Your friend is an idiot

3 Likes

Freezing certain parts for meal prep and sometimes whole meals like pot pies ect. is fine. But freezing a full course meal is not so good. At that point you should just settle for a store bought microwave dinner.

I work at a restaurant and we freeze everything from meats, veggies, and fruit all of our customers are still living and in good health! Freeze away chic! Meal prep and freezing is what makes most moms stay sane!

2 Likes

We grew up on freezing stuff from the garden and my grandmother has always froze meals and we could never tell it was frozen and we all turned out health it’s just a matter of others opinions

1 Like

:rofl: does she even know how to cook to start with

3 Likes

That would put TV dinners out of business

1 Like

I freeze food all the time

I’d love to try this. Anyone able to educate me? My stuff always ends up freezer burned :cry:

I make meals and freeze them too, 4 (about to be 5) kids from 10-19 months and I have no energy to make dinner every night. There isn’t anything wrong with freezer meals

1 Like

Umm… Does she say this about frozen breast milk too? That’s also a frozen meal.

1 Like

I do it all the time and froze about a dozen means b4 i had my second son. 2 weeks with out having to worry about cooking…:+1::+1::+1: u can also google how long does foods stay good frozen and label them with date made and expiration date.

1 Like

Rubbish. Freezing fresh/freshly made food is fine and is nutritious.

2 Likes

Your friend is a dumb ass

I freeze a lot, I find allowing everything to cool completely and using the proper containers that are ment for freezing like some of the real Tupperware containers would be best. People say some food loses its nutritional values when freezing I don’t listen lol. I’m happy, my kids are happy and our bellies are full.

1 Like

Frozen food is not healthy stores sell frozen food every single day

1 Like

I froze a bunch of meals before having my child. Chili, burritos, muffins, etc. it was pretty helpful because my husband doesn’t cook

If its sealed properly, you can freeze anything

1 Like

Maybe she’s thinking of frozen stuff you buy at the store rather than homemade meals. You’re fine, it’s a great idea and is such a help in those first few weeks with a newborn!

1 Like

seal it properly and freeze all you want to

2 Likes

So this friend plans on coming and coming for you daily then, correct? If not, then tell her to go fly a kite. Smart idea, wish I would’ve done it.

1 Like

Meal prep you’ll be grateful later

I think as long as it hasn’t b en in there for yearsss, I think you’re ok :wink:

1 Like

Lots of people do it. You’re smart to prepare!

Sounds like ignorance to me. I freeze the shit out of everything.

Tell your friend to mind her own business unless she wants to be your own personal chef

3 Likes

Well! if you don’t put food in the freeze, what do you put in it!!! Ask your friend that…

Maybe she is confused and is thinking of frozen meals that you buy at a store. Those are unhealthy a lot of the time. You making meals and freezing them is cost effective, healthy, a time saver later on, and smart. Ignore your friend. The food doesn’t become unhealthy because it is put in the freezer and taken out.

6 Likes

I think you should freeze your friend, but I guess frozen friend is not healthy either. :joy::v:

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t it be healthy? That is strange.

DO YOU! Take care of you Mama! Having my girl in 29 days my #4. The house is gonna get messy, it’s gonna trigger my Anxiety… but it all passes. That friend should stfu unless she’s offering to come cook dinner for 6 weeks😉

1 Like

Lol it’s going to have just as many calories/carbs/etc. being frozen as it did when you made it. It won’t make a difference. :joy:

I think your friend is incorrect, it’s a great way to prepare!

What did your friend say about why it’s “unhealthy”?

That feels super judgmental to Me, BTW.

Froozen vegetables are better nutritionally than canned.

Does this person think you should grow your own food & only serve it directly to your table…?

Also, WTF does it matter
What ‘this person’ thinks?!?

You are in a “nesting” preparation phase & your ‘friend’ is not being one.

1 Like

As long as it’s sealed and stored properly, it’s perfectly fine! Frozen meals that you can throw in the crockpot we’re my favorite for dinner.

1 Like

Ohh don’t listen to Anti-Freeze Amy :rofl::rofl: its smart to prepare and nothing wrong with freezing foods, thats what we have freezers for mommaaa :heart:

Lol there is nothing wrong with freezing food…I just wouldn’t freeze fresh fruit and veggies because they become mushy

It is health only if you cook what you hunted the same Day…

1 Like

Tell your friend to shut her cake hole unless she plans on taking care of your family. Don’t freeze food. Dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while lol.

1 Like

Well if shes going to come cook for you every day … Then you do you … I dont freeze because i dont like the smell but i do cook enought for 2 days … So she can just mind her own business…

Do what you need to do. It’s called meal prep and a lot of people do it to save time. I would recommend investing in a food saver that sucks the air and seals your food to prevent freezer burn but besides that I don’t see how it is “in-healthy”. In the end do what you feel is easy and best option for you.

Keep doing what you are doing girl they say thats the best thing to do great job an congrats

1 Like

You gonna make me dinner every day then after I give birth? :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Lol it’s fine they’re just trying to make it seem like they’re perfect and they can cook every single meal don’t worry about it you can pre free some lasagna and proofread some pancakes and pre freeze some hot casseroles you just do it do what you need to do to make it after that babies born and don’t worry about other people’s perfect opinions of having a hot prepared meal that day if they think that you need a hot prepared meal that day each day and every day and tell them exactly what you want to eat that day and tell them they can make it for you

1 Like

A week before I gave birth I made a giant pot of homemade chili I freezed it in little baggies I also made lasagna and pre cut it into small little portions I also made stuffed cabbage rolls and put those into meal portions I also made tater tot hotdish and put that into little portions and guess what the night before I took it out put it in the fridge bam popped it in the oven in 20 minutes I was eating

1 Like

It will be so much easier when you have the baby to grab something and throw it in the oven.

1 Like

As long as your cooling correctly and not over stuffing your freezer and the food is sealed your fine

3 Likes

Freeze as many as you can, she’s nuts.

2 Likes

As long as you properly let them cool it’s fine

We freeze extra leftovers all the time? That’s a pretty normal household practice, I think.

throw her in the trash, she’s not healthy. lmaoo
its healthy, its fine.

6 Likes

And they dont taste as fresh.
Yea dont freeze eat fresh healthier and taste better.

1 Like

Freezing slightly dehydrates the food. That’s it. Its perfectly healthy.

It’s best to prepare make and freeze your own meals then it is to buy the store bought frozen food!!

2 Likes

Its definitely ok to freeze food.

1 Like

Aint nothing wrong with it.

Actually did you know that veggies start to lose their nutritional value once they’ve been picked. So the fruits and veggies you get from the fresh aisle are actually “less heathly” than the Frozen or canned stuff

Freeze foods it makes it so much easier for when baby comes tell friend she can always come cook for you

Take one of the frozen bags and beat her upside the head with it. Follow up by telling her to mind her own freakin business.

6 Likes

Frozen food is sold in supermarkets around the world…

Does she not own a freezer? Some foods freeze better than others. Like potato goes all rubbery and weird after being frozen. But most foods are perfectly fine in the freezer, and it definitely doesn’t change the health factor.
You do what you think is best and easiest for you after bubs arrives. Stuff what anyone else thinks unless they are willing to cook for you to lower your workload.

As long as they are room temp.it’s fine .add a sticker or whatever for cook date and an expiration date.

Its fine. Just cool everything fully before freezing.

Lol I’m sorry… What?