Can you get pregnant around your period?

I have a question that I don’t know if you have experience of or not. I haven’t been to the doctor as I am waiting until the end of the month to do so. I should also mention I am six months postpartum. I have had a period every month, irregularly. I know that happens when you startup, but I haven’t had one for this month. I have taken four tests, all negative. My boyfriend and I have been using protection regularly, but we forgot, and he accidentally went back inside after pulling out before he came. It was right before around when my period should start. Google says it’s impossible, but I’m worried if I could be. The tests look like they may have had a line, but I took a digital, and it said negative. Idk if it’s all in my head or what? What should I do?

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant around your period? - Mamas Uncut

U can technically get pregnant anytime, just less likely at certain times. X

3 Likes

It all depends on when you ovulate. If you ovulated later that cycle, then yes it’s possible.

You can get pregnant at any point in your cycle, even while on your period. However at certain points in your cycle it is less likely you will get pregnant.

3 Likes

You can only get pregnant when you’re ovulating. Most women ovulate 14 days prior to the start of their period but not everyone’s body works that way. If you think there’s a chance, get checked out or take another test in a couple weeks

U can get pregnant ANY TIME one or more of your eggs drops and the “pull out” method is a myth, condoms are still only 99% effective and your body is still all whacked out from being pregnant 6 months ago u can so get pregnant but yr period is still irregular GO THE DOCTOR

1 Like

Absolutely, when I got pregnant with my son I thought I was two weeks further along than I was but it turns out I ovulated when I should’ve had my period, so four weeks into my cycle I ovulated, I was also on birth control, just another thing that proves anything can happen

Nothing’s impossible. Go to the Dr

All I had to do was “think” about sex and I got pregnant, when did not matter.

2 Likes

Yes it is possible. I would try another digital test first thing in the morning and if that is negative I would try again in a few days.

1 Like

If you just had a baby 6 months ago you are very fertile. I’d say it’s likely

I got pregnant on my period with my first daughter

You can get pregnant at any time (even during your period)
I know of a woman who conceived 2 children during her period.

1 Like

I got pregnant with my fourth baby on the last day of my period so yes it’s possible

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant around your period? - Mamas Uncut

Yes. Digital needs higher hormones that the other kind. Often can show negative early on.

Improbable, not impossible. I was pregnant again, 12 weeks post partum.

1 Like

I say wait a few days to a week and test again if you haven’t started. If you’re still getting a negative see a doctor!

1 Like

I got pregnant while on my period :expressionless:

3 Likes

I ovulated when my period was supposed to be due.

Yes you can get pregnant at any point. It’s less chance, but still poasible

1 Like

Lol how do you accidentally go back in? Asking for a friend

21 Likes

Sperm can live in your body up to 7 days so it could be possible.

U can get pregnant at any time. Just because there are 2 days ur most fertile doesn’t mean it isn’t possible any other time. U said ur also irregular so maybe ur just late? Stress is a huge factor for that or lifestyle changes. I’d go a month without a period and then have 2 the next month before I got pregnant with my 1st. If ur really that worried have blood test taken when u visit the doctor. It’s better 2 know sooner rather than later 2 take action.

I’d wait go to Dr have blood work done to find out.

I supposably got pregnant the day my period started even tho i had sex 4-6 days before it started. So anything is possible i guess. Good luck with everything

Google is lying to you. Any time you have sex you can get pregnant.

1 Like

U can only get pregnant the day u ovulate

3 Likes

I got pregnant on my period with my 3 rd child!! It can happen

Yes it’s possible to become pregnant in this situation amongst others.

i got pregnant on the pill

This is hardly the place to share that much detail, why don’t you Google it good grief

2 Likes

Don’t trust Google and pulling out doesn’t work regardless if he put it back in or not. Precum is just as effective and you can’t feel when the precum neither can the guy.

You ovulate typically 14 days before your period. I am four months post partum and my periods have been very irregular too. Been getting positive and negative tests and I’m four days before my cycle so I went to my Dr today for a hcg beta test .

If you screw without protection you might get pregnant

6 Likes

Yes u can get pregnant before during and after. Even by precum. Get a blood test

You absolutely can get pregnant around your period. Wait a few days and retest. Or If you’re concerned I suggest just going to your doctor for some blood work. :blue_heart:

1 Like

I got pregnant on my period

I got pregnant during my period. So it’s possible.

Nothing is impossible it can live inside for up to 14 days before fertilisation

You can get pregnant during your period.

The first thing is…vaginal bleeding is not always your period.
A menstrual cycle is when you release an egg.
So just because you’re bleeding doesn’t mean it’s your period, especially if it’s irregular.
Try to get in to see your doctor sooner than later.

2 Likes

There is a low chance of getting pregnant around your cycle but you can

Yes can get pregnant if you are bleeding. I say bleeding because bleeding does not always mean it’s a period

I think it’s totally possible to get pregnant if you had sex right before your period . “Before “
your period means the egg has not dropped yet unfertilized You could just be late. And being nervous about it may delay your period even longer. So stay calm. I would just wait. If your not pregnant you will eventually get your period.
If you are pregnant…Well you won’t get it , and then you’ll know …. Either way worrying won’t help. It is what it is.
You have a boyfriend who obviously cares about you and the baby you have now.
So hope for the best. Either way you guys will be fine.

How about ask your DR.

If it’s irregular, then I would say yes. Also remember that sperm can live inside the body for up to 5 days.

Yep! My lmp was 11/08/20 and I got pregnant on 11/1/20 (my husband’s birthday)

I got pregnant literally 2 days after my period. It’s very possible.

It was no accident, guys don’t like condoms and many will take them off without us knowing.

The chances are very low but there’s always a possibility. Give it 2-3 days and retest just to be sure. If there’s actually a trace line now it would be visible by then.