Can you get pregnant if your tubes are tied?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

10 Likes

YESSSSSSS, you sure can!!! Iā€™m living proof of that. I had my tubes tied after my 4th c-section and 3 and a half years later fell pregnant naturally with my 5th child - healthy little girl who is 5 years old now. :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

I know of a couple ladies who became pregnant several years after getting their tubes tied. One was 10 years later and one was 13 yrs.

1 Like

yep. to make it even weirder, Iā€™ve known couples that BOTH the husband and wife were ā€œfixedā€ and they got pregnant :flushed:

4 Likes

Its extremely rare unless they messed up the surgery but it is completely possible same way with but it also depends on when u had it to they say every year afterwards u always have a very small chance u can still get pregnant

Mine were removed and I still havenā€™t had my period this month. Getting kinda nervous :weary:

I knew of a woman who got pregnant but it was in her tubes (since she had them tied). It was a medical emergency and can happen.

1 Like

Had my tubes tied in 2015 after my 6th pregnancy and 4th living child (all boys). Some days Iā€™m glad but the depression sinks in and I regret it. I never got to have a little girl. My sister was born after tubes were tied.

Had mine fried and tied when I was 22yoā€¦Iā€™m now 48yoā€¦never got prego againā€¦big mistake thoughā€¦spent a literal decade in depression and cried almost every night once my youngest daughter went to kindergarten. .wouldnt recommend doing that surgery unless youā€™re absolutely done with having kids and 30yo ā€¦

Reading all these I am worried mine got done in last c section they took a part out and brunt each end shit if I get pregnant in 10 years I hope iv gone throu menaporse so it dosnt happen :grimacing:

Yes you can. It happened to me. Mind ended in a tubal pregnancy that ruptured.

my mother got pregnant after having me & getting her tubes tied. she ended up having a severe miscarriage :cry:

Yep my first tubal is 39 yrs old my second tubal was a tubal pregnancy I burst nd I was Hemorrhaging that was 2 yrs after first tubal , my daughter in law wife of my tubal son I had got pregnant after 4 yrs after her tubal and thier 4th kid is now 2 !! We call them our miracle babiesā€‹:heavy_heart_exclamation::v:t4::wink:

Yes. My little brother (we are 13months apart) proves that :grimacing:

Clamped or tied? Never heard of tubes coming ā€œundoneā€ but I have heard about the clamps coming undone

Yes I did after having them tied for 3 years

Yes your tubes can repair them selfs

Yes. I ended up with a tubal pregnancy after having them tied.

I know somebody who had tubes tied burned and cut and still got pregnant

4 Likes

My mom did with my youngest sister and that was 21 years ago

They have to be cut and tied

Apparently they didnā€™t use the right knot they came undone lol

I new a woman who had a hysterectomy and had 2 little girls afterā€¦ figure that one out

If u have them burn and tie u cant get pregnant again. If just tie u can.