Can you get pregnant on Nexplanon?

Has anybody gotten pregnant while on the Nexplanon? I still have 1 year left on my implant. Thing is, my BD and I broke up. Our sex life was not very active. Maybe it’s because of the lack of emotional connection, maybe it was just boring, maybe I was unsatisfied so many times that i gave up. Either way, we did not have sex often. When we did, we did not use any other protection. My periods are not regular due to the implant but they’re bad when they do show up. Severe cramping and sometimes they can last 2 weeks. I’m with a new guy now and we’ve been “busy”. His size has made me bleed the first couple times but not anymore. We are more active than my BD and I were. Aside from a couple days of spotting after the first couple times, I have not had a period since mid January. I had unexplained vomiting for a couple days in a row and I took a test that came out negative. The new relationship, lack of period, and increase in sex drive and the act itself has me curious. I’ve heard that the implant is the most effective BC, but I can feel my hormones changing since my labido was at 0 after having my son 7 years ago and now all of a sudden I’m craving sex like a normal (or not normal) person. Will my hormone change affect the hormone balance in the implant? Does the fact that I’m 2 years in on a 3 year BC change anything? Has anybody gotten pregnant while on the implant?

1 Like

I got pregnant on birth control. There is no 100% BC out there unless you practice abstinence. The more sex you have the more hormones you produce and the more happier you feel. Your body is happier and basically is craving sex. It’s normal honey. Enjoy it!

1 Like

Nexplanon messed up my hormones and symptoms the entire time i had it sometimes i went months w no periods then i had a period for 2 months. It was the worst experience ever and it traveled so i had to have surgery to get it out. youre probably not pregnant its just the side effects of the BC.

2 Likes

Meeee I have a 17month old nexplanon baby, never had any medications that can alter it I was just the 1/1000 that it happened to

1 Like

Nexplanon fucked me up! I was constantly taking pregnancy tests. It’s the same hormone your body produces when your pregnant, that’s why the symptoms are very similar. It took 6m before my body “got used” to the new bc and my symptoms progressively got worse. Ie, morning sickness or being sick every time before my period would start etc.

This little was conceived while I had the nexplannon thing with it though it like masked the pregnancy and found out at about 6 months along after she started kicking so it’s very very possible she will be one in a couple weeks

1 Like