Can you get pregnant outside of your ovulation window?

What are the chances on getting pregnant when you’re not ovulating? Like after your period or right before your period. Have some of your mamas gotten pregnant outside of your ovulation window?

14 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant outside of your ovulation window? - Mamas Uncut

Yes, right after my period.

I ovulated 2 weeks later than i normally do & now im pregnant

I got pregnant 4 days after my period

Some sperm can live for 5 days. More likely before your periods after your period the egg is released.

2 Likes

I did . The dr said my PCOS had something to do with it but I honestly wasn’t listening because I was in shock from being told I was pregnant

2 Likes

There’s always a chance of getting pregnant when protection is not used.

I fell pregnant with my little boy about 5 days before my period

Never tracked my ovulation but both times, I’m pregnant now, I got pregnant shortly after my period.

No. You can not get pregnant outside of your ovulation window. Your ovulation window can be anywhere in your cycle though. It is not as simple as my period tracker shows I should ovulate this day. Also, sperm can live inside a woman’s body for up to 5 days.

7 Likes

I always had to conceive right on my ovulation, but I have friends who have gotten pregnant literally on their period. Everybody’s different.

Right before ovulation very possible, after, no chance.

You can totally ovulate late or ovulate twice!

1 Like

I also got pregnant several days after my period.

It’s not that you get pregnant outside of your ovulation time it’s that you ovulate at random times you can never ever get pregnant unless you’re ovulating it’s just that you can ovulate more than once a cycle and sometimes you can ovulate a few days after your period instead of 14 days after period Or you can ovulate a few days before your period I mean but it’s not possible at all to get pregnant and not be during ovulation cycle

You have to ovulate in order to get pregnant. No release of eggno pregnancy. As many others have said, ovulation days vary. Its best to temp to learn if and when you are ovulating.

1 Like

Right after my period

Sperm live for awhile but the egg has to be there to be fertilized. I ovulate late in my cycle so my ovulation dates do not match any of those stupid period tracker apps.

My 9 month old daughter says yes

3 Likes

No no you cant get knocked up. Not untill you do the dance with the pineapples and carrots.
Only then can you get pregnant outside the ovulation window

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant outside of your ovulation window? - Mamas Uncut

The answer is yes you can. You can get pregnant anytime you have unprotected sex. You just have a better chance when your ovulating

3 Likes

You can get pregnant whenever ovulation just gives you a higher chance of getting pregnant

With both my pregnancies I got pregnant the day after I ended my period.

You can get pregnant while on your period… so anything is possible :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Yep. Not everyone ovulates at the same time. I was tracking my cycles trying to prevent pregnancy but not actually testing for ovulation. Just assuming🤦🏻‍♀️ I got pregnant and had to of ovulated just after my period.

You can only get pregnant within the week of ovulation (I believe 5 days before because sperm lives up to 5 days and 1 day after because egg lives for 24 hours).
HOWEVER, some people ovulate multiple times within the month and some people ovulate late, and some early. I wouldn’t rely on a generic calendar to know when you’re ovulating.
If you don’t ovulate, you can’t get pregnant because an egg has not been released to be fertilized. But the window is different for everyone.

2 Likes

I did and even took a plan b to

I did. I had sex 4-6 days before my period started and everything added up that i got pregnant on day two of period

This is kind of a strange question. You can’t get pregnant without ovulating, but women sometimes ovulate at different times during the month. I’ve always been later in the cycle, around day 18. Some women are much earlier ect. It all depends!

1 Like

Can happen at any time it’s rare but possible

There’s always a chance of getting pregnant. Ovulation is just a higher chance

Got pregnant the day after period stopped with my first child. I knew because it was also my honeymoon. Lol

You still can get pregnant on your period, ovulation just gives you a higher chance. But still as long as you keep having sex you have a lot of chances of getting preggo

Go to your dr some of these answers are just flat out wrong.

3 Likes

Hahaha well, I thought I knew my body well enough to map my cycle. Turns out I ovulated 2 weeks late and now im pregnant with number 5.

I’ve fallen pregnant 4 times within a week of finishing my period. Just keep doing it all the time :woman_shrugging:t2: lol

I got pregnant with my twins the day after my period ended…

It’s possible to get pregnant at any point during your cycle. Ovulation cycles arnt always 100% the same.

Yes. You’re just more fertile during ovulation.

I knew I was pregnant 2 days during my missed period . It was really weird, I didn’t have to take any tests telling me I was pregnant. I knew when I was craving hot sauce on my food one night.

1 Like

There’s a chance at any time, but it’s extremely small.

Depends on your specific ovulation. Mine was really close to my period and I got pregnant

2 Likes

Sperm can live in you for up to 5 days I believe so I would say yes it’s possible.

Any time you have unprotected sex there’s a chance you can get pregnant!

5 Likes

The 10th to the 14th day after your period is your ovulation days.

For myself, I was only able to conceive by tracking it down to the day for some months and trying on the most fertile one. I thought I couldn’t have any!
But for others, it’s different. Spontaneous ovulation and whatnot.
My cousin had all three of her kids WHILE she was on birth control.

1 Like

Current pregnant and got pregnant the day after I finished my last period. :joy:

I got pregnant shortly after finishing my period. My periods were always irregular. Never thought I’d ever be a mother. But, obviously I was wrong! My son will be 12 this year!

I didn’t have a cycle for 12 years after my last son ( at that time :joy:) I ended up getting pregnant again. I had a baby at 16, 18, 19, 20, and 32

You have to release an egg in order to get pregnant, so obviously you have to be ovulating.
However sperm can live a few days after intercourse so that’s something to consider.

Many women rely on apps, but they are not accurate. It’s only a guide. The best way to know is ovulation tests.

6 Likes

You can ovulate not in your normal window. With that being said, you have to ovulate to get pregnant.

I got pg the day after my period w two.

You have to be ovulating within so many days of having sex (sperm can live up to 5 days in your body) to get pregnant, however you can ovulate early or late one cycle and miss it if you don’t do track it by doing ovulation tests. Just following an app or tracking your regular cycle is guesswork based on past patterns, it’s not absolute.

You ca get pregnant at any point… there’s just a higher/better chance of getting pregnant at ovulation, that’s why people who are ttc track their cycles to know exactly when.
But yeah…. Any time you could potentially get pregnant.

It depends on how you are determining your ovulation window. If it’s through an app, then chances are pretty high because those aren’t accurate. If you’re tracking your temperature and/or cervical mucus pattern the chances are not high. Usually sperm live up to 5 days, but I’ve heard of some pregnancies occurring 8-9 days before ovulation…but very uncommon.

Yes, you can. There is actually an ovulation app out there and it shows a calendar and each day is marked with “low chance” , “medium chance” “high chance” and “ovulation day”. But no days are marked “no chance”. There is always a chance everytime you have sex.

4 Likes

If you have sex without using contraception, you can conceive at any time during your menstrual cycle, even during or just after your period. You can also get pregnant if you have never had a period before, during your first period, or after the first time you have sex.

In June 25,2019 I had surgery for a kidney stone and July 4th 2019 ended up pregnant with not having a cycle or anything. As far as I know I wasn’t on my fertile window. Im sure there’s so explanation but I don’t have one

1 Like

It is possible to start ovulation and your body will actually release an egg during an orgasm

Yep! You can spontaneously ovulate outside your normal window. That’s how I got pregnant with my now 4 year old.

1 Like

I have extremely regular periods, so the “apps” should be fairly accurate, right? NOPE, both my babies outside of what my ovulation window “should be” based on my cycle.

It is possible anytime you have unprotected sex

Yep! Sperm can sit up to 3 weeks stagnant until it finds itself an egg. And them implantation can take up to another 3 weeks.
I double ovulated and miscarried one while another waited in my tube for the miscarriage to complete then implanted.
The human body is just wack.

When are women gonna learn that at any time you have SEX there is a chance In getting pregnant

14 Likes

Here’s my ‘it’s only the day after my period, we’ll be okay’ baby​:joy::two_hearts:

18 Likes

I got pregnant with my 3rd child 3 days before me period was due :woman_shrugging: my OBGYN said I either ovulated twice or late.

I convinced the baby in pregnant with 2 days after my period :woman_shrugging:t3::sweat_smile:

Yes I got pregnant the day after my period ended

I got pregnant with this kiddo 2 days after my period ended. We had sex twice that month. The other time was one day before my period started.

Technically you can track your ovulation and hope that you ovulate at that time but that doesn’t mean you ovulate at the same time every month. I got pregnant outside of my ovulation window. So obviously that means I didn’t ovulate when I thought I had. I’m 7 months pregnant currently :grimacing:

Yes! Just depends on when your actually ovulating. I finished my monthly May 29th … by June 5 th I had pink spotting then 9 days later got a pretty positive test of clear blue 1-2 weeks pregnant :woman_shrugging:

Sperm can live in the proper environment for up to 7 days, so it’s entirely possible. Ovulation can last anywhere between 24 hours to 48 hours depending on the woman. And it’s also not unheard of to ovulate more than once.

1 Like

My period was Sept 28th. I had my period for 3 days. I got pregnant between Oct 4-8

I got pregnant with a iud in, so anything is possible

I ovulated earlier than normal… shortly after my period and got pregnant.

There HAS to be an egg present for sperm to fertilize. Sperm lasts up to 5 days so if you ovulate within 5 days of sex you can potentially get pregnant. You can ovulate early or late.

I got pregnant while I was on my period

Yup, it happened with my 3rd!

You can definitely get pregnant without ovulating. Sperm can live for days in the body so it just takes timing!

We got pregnant with our daughter during my period so it can happen at any time

I personally get very painful ovulation, sex is the last thing I do at that time but I now have 3 boys. I can confidently say yes it’s possible.

Yes! We had been trying for 2 years, when we finally got caught it was 5 days after my ovulation window had “closed.”

My out of ovulation window baby is now 4 months old :rofl::rofl:

If you have sex with out any kind or shape or form of birth control you can get pregnant… unless it is physically impossible for you or the person you had sex with to become or get another person pregnant… This is in basic sex class. Sex is the cause of pregnancy.

call your GYN that the place to go for accurate information