Can you get pregnant while on birth control?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

62 Likes

Absolutely! I was on bc for 5 years then became pregnant with my second child. I became immune to the dosage. I suggest upping that dose after a few years.

1 Like

It happened to a friend of mine many years ago; certain medicines can counteract it.

Yes, my kids are all birth control pill pregnancies.

4 Likes

Yes but it’s amazing how many women/girls say they were on birth control. It’s possible but I don’t think it is as common as many would have us believe.

2 Likes

Yes, I got pregnant with my third child with an IUD in place.

3 Likes

Yes you can. However, there are things you can do to make it more effective. Take your pill the same time every day. This is the most important. Also, if you’re on antibiotics, it will render your (hormonal pill) birth control less effective and you need to use a back up. I’ve been on the pill since 17. I’m 40. Never been pregnant.

3 Likes

yes it is and it is more common then you realize. As any doctor will tell you with the pill you must be very careful to take it at the same time everyday and still you can get pregnant. Nothing is 100 percent.

Yes. My friend was on the pill and was prescribed an antibiotic. The antibiotic cancelled the effectiveness of the pill and she got pregnant.

6 Likes

On a lighter note. The best birth control is the aspirin method :joy: you stick an aspirin between your knees, and never let it fall out, in that way you are forced to keep them together until you are ready :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Yep, I had both of mine on them. The 2nd I had been on antibiotics. Being on those makes the pill less effective.

My son is a birth control baby. Got the Depo shot on time every time and it worked for about a year until it didn’t.

1 Like

Yes had a root canal done and was prescribed antibiotics and was on the pill :pill:. My daughter is 36 years old.

1 Like

There is no absolute birth control other than abstinence; I had a baby 7 years after having my tubes tied.

2 Likes

Yup. My first born I was on birth control. Then after I had her I struggled with infertility for nearly 5 years! Universe is funny like that!

Yes, except for not having any sex, or surgical methods all birth control measures have a failure rate of some kind.

1 Like

I did. My son turn 17 y/old, 2 months ago.
I was on :pill: and boom out of the blue I was a bit over 2 month pregnant. I stop using the pill 2 weeks before I received the news cause I wasn’t feel well and I was bleeding.

yes, AND you can also get pregnant after your partner gets a vasectomy and doesn’t take the time to go back and make sure it worked.

4 Likes

Yes. Birth control is not 100% effective and there are tons of cases (don’t have the actual statistics atm) of people getting pregnant while using birth control. The best methods are doubling up: your partner wears a condom and you take the pill/shot/ring/IUD/arm bar to ensure that 1) you’re both safer from STIs and 2) you’re more guaranteed to not get pregnant. If your birth control fails, his condom should work or if his condom breaks, your birth control works.

1 Like

Yes there are a lot of women who have gotten pregnant on several different methods of BC

Antibiotics cancel out birth control fyi.

6 Likes

Yes, I got pregnant with my second child while on birth control pills.

Yes…I took my injections on time and still got pregnant.

Yes you can thats why if your not planning on becoming pregnant its always good to use a back up method like condoms. Also, you should make sure you take your pill everyday and at the same time.

Yep, I got pregnant with both of my kids while I was taking the pool.

This is a conversation you should be having with your doctor or another trained medical professional. Facebook stories are not the best source of facts for something so important. And yes, you can get pregnant while on birth control. Read the facts in the package and the company website

Most women don’t know that antibiotics lowers the effectiveness of birth control.

Yes l have 3 beautiful children if it’s meant to be it will happen

Yes, antibiotics will lessen the effectiveness as will not taking it at the same time each day

Yep. My sister and I are both birth control rejects :joy::joy:

Mom was on the pill with her.

IUD in the arm with me

Yes. The only birth control that is 100% effective is not having sex

Yes I have babies conceived while on the pill, nuvo ring, iud, shot.

Yes , all 4 of my children were concieved while I was on one kind of birth control or another.

Yes! Only 1 is 100% and that is abstinence!

Yes that’s why they don’t say it’s 100% effective. The only thing that is 100% effective is abstinence

1 Like

Yes, had both my children on birth control

Yes you can! If you skip a pill and are ovulating!

YES YOU CAN !!! i did with my 2nd child

No birth control is 100% effective, the only way not to get pregnant is either 1. Abstinence or 2. You’re infertile. Unfortunately for me and my husband we’re #2. On the bright side, we’ve had sex without any sort of birth control for about 4 years. I can’t even get pregnant on accident.

Depends ~ are you having sex?

100%. If you don’t take it at the exact same time every single day (plus if you live in a state where there is daylight savings, the hour ahead/behind will mess up when you take it) then it is only 90% effective vs 99%. Plus IUDs can move and no longer be effective without realization and nexplannons can also move about

Yup, I have 2 conceived while on birth control.

I feel like some of y’all saying “yes” we’re doing something wrong

Yes, I conceived twins while on birth control (Depo)! It increased my fertility! Lol

Yup yup yup I got pregnant with twins while on birth-control

No birth control is 100%. Read that again.

The only way not to get pregnant is not to have sex. No birth control otherwise is 100% effective.

2 Likes

You absolutely can . I did with my youngest at 40.

YES ,especially if you on certain medications

I have a 40 yr old daughter who is living proof that you can! :joy:

Yes and he is almost 33

1 Like

Yes most of my kids were BC babiee

Yes, if you miss a pill, it can happen.

Most definitely it surely can happen

Yes absolutely! I did 29 years ago!

2 out of 4 of my kids. Yes.

Yes it’s not 100%! What obgyn are you goin to!!! :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

My friend got pregnant twice while on the pill

My mom was on it and here I am

Yes… 2 of my children ate pill babies

Mine are 21 and 19 so I’d say yes.

Breast feeding a baby is not good birth control!

Yes. My one and only was conceived on the pill.

My oldest and youngest are birth control babies :woman_shrugging:

Not if you don’t have sex!!!

only if you don’t take it daily

Yup!! 16 weeks toMorrow and was on the pill

Yes I did with my last one

You need to meet my son!

Apparently everyone I know who had a kid said “ oh I was on the pill”. back in the early 2000. I call BS. Them bitches didn’t follow the protocol. Now they all have kids who are around 20 & second time around around 10. It’s truth.

Yes, you can even get pregnant on a pull out couch.

2 Likes

Yes you can. Some women are actually genetically immune to birth control.

I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren conceived while on birth control…

If you have to ask this you probably shouldn’t be having sex.

If you’re having SEX anything is possible

If you have to ask, your prolly too young for sex anyways.

Just ask two of my kids

Miracles happen. Read the Bible…

A definite YES. I did, twice

yes… every time i get prescribe antibiotics my pharmacist warn saying do not have sex for few days to few weeks… some meds will cause birth control to be as less effective… antibiotics is one of them…

On Average the birth control is 99% effective. However your individual hormones can change this based on the dose and how your body handles it. Always use a condom too because birth control only prevents against pregnancy and it’s not always good at that so keep you and your partner safe and prepared. 2 kinds of birth control are better than one. I highly recommend the nuvaring which is a small ring that is inserted like a tampon and stays in you for a month. You remove it during sex and replace it after. It releases a small amount or progesterone into your system and works to prevent pregnancy. That’s been my favorite thus far

Yes. If you are using the hormone free iud or you take a medication that interferes with birth control.

Yes! Ask my daughter :rofl: I took antibiotics, and NO ONE told me it can render birth control basically completely ineffective.
1 beautiful baby girl later, I wouldn’t change a thing, except now I tell every Woman I know to be careful of medicine interactions!

Yes if you are taking certain medications it makes birth control less effective

My son was a bc and condom baby… cousin had a baby with her IUD implanted in her forehead. She has a little “T” scar right at her hair line. The only thing that is 100% effective to not having a baby… is not having sex

2 Likes

I got pregnant on the pill, the shot, and an iud.

Yes I have a child to prove it lol. It’s only 99% affective if taken at the same time every day. Then there are babies on the pill because of antibiotics. Shoot I know a women who got pregnant with an implant birth control.

Both my kids are birth control babies and just recently lost our 3rd birth control baby
(Pill, nexplanon and iud)

1 Like

If, you are on an antibiotic , birth control pills do not work.

I had an iud in place for two years before getting pregnant. Now I’m about to have my second baby, 11 years after the first. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes you absolutely can. I have 2 children that are birth control babies.

Yes… don’t take certain medications because they negate the pill!

Yes all three of my babies are birth control babies (patch, pill, 3 years into 5 year iud)

I was on birth control and still had my periods for 4 months of my last pregnancy. :woman_facepalming:

yes i was on birth control both times i got pregnant

If you have to ask that question then you shouldn’t have children

Yes! If you don’t take them at the same every day, or if your on antibiotics!

Grapefruit juice, antibiotics, and some other food and meds can reduce oral BC effectiveness, that is one reason multiple BC methods are recommend

Remember the Today Sponges? Yea, they didn’t work.

If you don’t take it the same time everyday,yes you can.