Can you have a baby shower for your second?

Yes, it’s called a sprinkle.

1 Like

I had one for all 5 kids :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

They call it a baby sprinkle

1 Like

Hello, i want to share a real life testimony with the world. Dr Odogu is a real spell and also a very genuine spell caster, he is so powerful, unique, and amazing. Dr Odogu restored happiness to my life again by bringing my husband back to me with his powerful love spell. Dr Odogu is a gifted and a very powerful man and if not for him what would my life turn to? Dr Odogu may your good gods continue to bless you for your good deeds. Dr Odogu , words can not express how much good you have done for me and i believe that even a thousand words won’t be enough to describe your good great works. If you are facing any spiritual problem i advice you not to cry just contact @emmylauren8 or his email [email protected] or whatsaapp number +2348142397394 and he will solve all your problems. Contact him now, good luck

I was taught you only have one baby shower for the first baby and not any others. These days though people do it for each one plus a diaper party for the dad and a gender reveal party. I think it is a little much and would not have another baby shower if we had a second child. I also broke the rules and had a diaper party/baby shower so everyone could celebrate together instead of having boys at one party and girls at another. It was a lot of fun and the girls (except me) got to drink too if they wanted. We also had a bounce house to distract the kids while we did presents and other boring stuff. It was really fun :grinning:

I did. But my first was a girl and my second was a boy. But even if they were the same gender I probably would’ve had another baby shower anyways.

I’m going to have a baby shower for our second in the future, but that’s because mine and my fiancé’s family live on two separate sides of the country, so my side (in Idaho) got to celebrate my daughter, but his side (Ohio) was left out. So next child it’ll be his side of the family and hopefully my mom will come

Most people do more of a “sprinkle” I think, but there’s no real rules. Do what makes you happy. Especially after the year we have all had. Any cause for celebration feels like a good idea to me.

4 Likes

If we had a second I would… only because our first was born pretty early so never got to enjoy one. Think it’s up to each individual and their circle of friends (for some it isn’t about the gifts but the celebration and togetherness)

I say no. First baby only. Rude especially if you have another of the same sex and so close together. So many people expect others to buy them shit because they had another baby.

3 Likes

Do it!

I’m doing one for my 4th
And I had my last baby 6 months ago.
For this one we will do a gender reveal :wink: never had one before

I would love to have one for this baby but no one wants to throw one. I never got one for my first either

Traditionally a baby shower is thrown only for your first child.
Baby showers are “hosted by” friends, not relatives.

Every baby is a blessing, why not! I did for my 3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s called a sprinkle and you have it after baby comes. You could also do a diaper shower. Pretty much the same thing as a baby shower but you mainly get diapers, especially if baby is the same gender.

I dont see anything wrong with having a baby shower for your second child just try and keep in mind if your children are close in age people appreciate someone saving their bigger items from the first baby and reusing for the second child. To expect big ticket items over and over is what causes a ruckus. People are genuinely happy for you to have another child and want to celebrate that with you but they don’t want to feel as if they are footing the bill. Saving the larger items from the first child shows that you appreciated the effort and expense put forth by others and encourages them to be more willing to by your children nice things in the future.

2 Likes

Maybe if you’re having a different gender but otherwise I think it’s tacky. I had a boy and a girl and someone asked me if I wanted another shower. I said no.

I thought a second shower was a no-no too, but since had a boy first everyone encouraged me to have a second shower since I was having a girl. But honestly, who cares - do what YOU want to do! If they don’t like it, they don’t have to go haha

I would say absolutely if the babies are different genders or spaced out in age!

It’s called a Sprinkle for baby number 2. Instead of a shower.

Baby #1 you get showered with gifts (big ticket items). Baby #2 you get sprinkled with gifts (smaller items that are gender specific or items or necessity)

Due to covid, we had to host a virtual sprinkle for our little girl (due 2021), a lot of friends/family didn’t feel comfortable hosting an online one. So they asked us to!

Yes yes yes every baby is a celebration! One of my ex friends did it for all 3 of her kids

I threw a gender reveal and accepted diapers and wipes as gifts and my co workers threw me a baby shower later on. A lot of my friends and family were so hell bent on it being a boy that I got boy gifts at the reveal :joy: he ended up being a boy though so it worked out lol

If it’s the same gender, I’d have a “sprinkle” or a diaper party.

I dont see why not I had a shower with both of my boys but now I’m pregnant with my 3rd and didn’t have one

Every single baby gets a baby shower.

You can. Or have a baby sprinkle or a sip and see.

I did and my boys are only 16months apart

I had a baby shower for my first born then with my 4th born now I’m pregnant with my 7th and last so I’ll be having a baby shower due to all my 6 we’re boys and this time I’m having a girl!

I did!! I asked for a wooden letter from everyone instead of a bunch of gifts(beside the small things I still needed)

Course ya can. Go for it

2 Likes

I have 3 kids and had a shower for each of them. I personally think showers are to celebrate the baby who will be entering the world soon. And I also didn’t care what anyone said. If you don’t want to come, then don’t. Simple as that.

1 Like

You can have as many baby showers as you want. I chose to only have 2. I have 4 kids 3 boys 1 girl. I had a shower with my first and another with my second both boys. After that I chose not to do one at all. But if don’t want to because you just had one do a diaper shower. You can use all the diapers you can get lol

Honestly, I wouldn’t go to someones baby shower who just had one a little over a year ago. But to each your own.

Ya. Here people have showers for EVERY baby whether it’s your 1st or 7th… and the parents don’t throw the showers, family and friends do. My 3rd was the biggest, most elaborate one and it was a complete surprise to me.

I have 3 girls and did one with each. My 3rd was canceled this year due to covid but some people sent stuff anyway. I actually wasn’t going to do the 3rd one originally but my sister in law was not having that. I just posted in her invites that I had the big items (crib,strollers,ect) and lots of hand me down clothes. Nothing necessary, any thing appreciated and diapers are always useful. I still did some registries due to requests.

I did for all three my girls

I had a necessity baby shower with my second. Diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.

Baby sprinkle? Idk 7 babies here and haven’t had a single shower. I hide my pregnancies now bc I don’t want to hear ppls bs.

We had a baby sprinkle, for our second. Just with immediate family (mostly cause of covid)
Mine are 5 years apart…
So I had to start from scratch.

Every baby deserves to be celebrated.

1 Like

I didn’t have a shower for either do what you want. Do what makes you happy

Yes. You can have a baby shower for every baby.

I am big on photos…as there are none of me before age 3. My co workers and friends had baby showers for us for each child and my children can see pictures of their own showers and not wonder why there was only one and not one for the second. It leaves an impact

Each and every baby is special and unique. Whether it’s a first, second or fifth, each baby should be honored.

Who cares about what someone else’s opinion is anyway. A baby shower is more than just gifts. It’s a celebration of your new little miracle. Why should a second child be any less celebrated than the first. They aren’t any less special.

Congratulations! It’s OK if someone else suggests it and throws one for you. Don’t throw one for yourself.

I think it’s perfectly acceptable if you have a boy this time. Otherwise ppl might not want to gift on the same sex close together. Personally I wouldn’t if I was having the same sex that close together

I had one on all 4 of mine. I think it depends in your circle of friends and family.

Getting ready to have my 4th and have had baby showers for each :heart::heart:

:heart: I was told it was customary to only have ONE, for your first child. We had 4 children, second was 7 years younger. Had to start over on everything, only had crib and one newborn outfit from first child. We bought the rest with no help from anyone.
Felt bad so never had another SHOWER…:grin:

I did it with all 3 of mine. My kids were years apart but it doesn’t matter. Each baby should be celebrated.

I was given a baby shower every time I was pregnant. I have 5 beautiful blessed babies.

Etiquette says no. I feel like it they are rather far apart OR different genders, then do it. Although I do appreciate that ALL babies need a celebration, and it should be done, many would sneer at it.

Call me old fashioned but I think its tacky to throw yourself a baby shower.

1 Like

Of course! Each baby is special and should be celebrated :purple_heart:

Heck yes, you can have as many baby showers as you want. Some people are in need and can use the items gifted at baby showers. I would recommend you make a list. You may already have the big items but are in need of the smaller items many people don’t think about. Also check the thrift stores in your area. These stores are great places to find baby items.

I didn’t. But to be fair I hate people. Could I have used one. Yes. My kids were six years apart. 17,11,5. Traditionally in my family it’s a hard no. Happily lol

Its whatever you want to do. I had one for both

If you have a second baby shower thry call it a sprinkle. It is noy as elaborate as your first

We have three daughters, and only had a baby shower for daughter 1.

You only get one shower and you don’t throw it for yourself.

No. Some women take advantage. It’s for first time mothers… Not to milk money out of family/friends. 🤷

I didn’t have one for my first or second

My friends gave me a shower for all 3 of my children.

have a baby shower for all babies

es have anther one I don’t care how close they are they are two different people! Congratulations!

Its your choice or whomever wants to have one for you

If a friend wants to throw one for you then it’s OK but people may not be quite as generous as they were for your first

Why not? I had one for all 4 of mine

3 Likes

I have 2 babies under 2, both boys. I had a baby shower for both! Every baby deserves to be celebrated!

Some do. I didn’t. They were even different sexes. I wasn’t feeling it. Just had a lot baby gear and donated items already.

I did only because my first was a boy and now we’re having a girl. We were just going to have some family and friends over for a cookout as a way to celebrate baby girl instead of another shower but my friend wanted to throw us one. My first shower it was all my girl friends and this time, guys were invited and all our family and friends.

We only had one for our first. They’re 2.5 years apart and both girls. We got a TON of stuff which we kept it all so we had no need to have a second shower. Both of our moms bought us the few things we really needed for the second baby like a crib and mattress but other than that we were set.

1 Like

Yes, a baby shower is to celebrate the coming of a new baby doesn’t matter if it’s your first baby or your 15th baby you should have one every time

I am but that’s because I wasn’t able to have one for me first. I think if it’s a different gender it’s fine. If it’s the same no. Just use stuff from your baby before. We’ve your money and others

Totally up to you. I had 2 showers and it helped so much. My daughter was 12 at the time I was pregnant with twins, so I didn’t have anything. I guess if someone doesn’t approve then don’t come.

Of course have another one, maybe skip the registry stuff and just tell people you want small cute stuff or a pack of diapers. Play games and have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

I say yes, its a celebration of your new baby and every baby is a miracle… In my family we have had a baby shower for every new baby rather they have siblings or not we celebrate every new life…

i want too but still unsure of it

Every baby is s blessing and should be celebrated