Can you have a natural birth after having your tubes tied?

can you give birth naturally and then have your tubes tied? Or do you need to have a c section?

4 Likes

Following Thank you Mamas Uncut

1 Like

I got my tubes done the morning after having my last naturally.

2 Likes

Depends on the doctor

1 Like

Keep in mind if you are a first time mom they usually will not tie your tubes unless you are 35 and have more than one child.

2 Likes

Tubes cut at 28& have 3 children youngest being 5

1 Like

Mine said she will do my tubal 6 weeks after giving birth or if i have a C section she will do it then and there. Im in arkansas if it helps…

1 Like

My doctor said if I go natural he will tie my tubes the day after delivery. It’s an out patient procedure anyways.

2 Likes

It probably all depends on the dr and hospital… mine in pa I had my son naturally and they made me wait till after my 6 week appointment to even start the process of setting up the surgery. They dont like to have to be more invasive then they have to with just the natural trauma your body goes through after birth but if they already have you opened up (c section) then they do it

2 Likes

I go in for a c section tomm i am having my tubes done at the same time however they are not cutting and thing they now completely remove the tubes from what my doc said

1 Like

I got my tubes tied 2 months after my 6 weeks post baby check up. I had to sign a 30 day notice etc due to my age :woman_shrugging: just in case I wanted to changed my mind.

My doctor said I have to go back and schedule for my tubes to be tied

I had mine done at my 6 week appt. I had already discussed it with my dr before I delivered

I got a hysterectomy I know it’s totally different. But I gave birth to my daughter and my doctor set me surgery days a couple months after to give my body time to heal.

It all depends on you’re state, age, # of kids you have and medical coverage. I would ask your ob as the rules may not be the same everywhere :heart: My sister was able to get hers done after her c section, but someone else I know that had a baby at a later date wasn’t able to have hers done until after she had her 6 week check up as things changed in the state I live in.

After my 4th child natural birth and 48 hrs later had my tubes tied. Due to it being the weekend.

1 Like

You can get your tubes tied right after if your health is good

2 Likes

Unsure I don’t plan on getting my tubes tied unless necessary.

Yes but you usually have to wait 6 weeks after giving birth. I had mine tied during my last c section.

2 Likes

Never had a c section.I had 7 kids and my tubes are tied now

2 Likes

Yes you can i did with mine

1 Like

They can set you up a time to come in and do it!

1 Like

In 2005 I had my daughter and had to go back after 6 weeks. Worst decision in my life. I wish I had never got my tubes tied.

1 Like

If you get a c section they do them during the c section. My doctor said if I deliver naturally then he will do my tubal surgery the morning after. Some doctors wait till 6 weeks postpartum though.

1 Like

I went the day after my vaginal birth & it was a month ago. They went through my belly button

2 Likes

I got my tubes removed 3 years after i had my last

1 Like

It’s what your doctor’s policy and hospital policy is.
I was only 24 when I had my second and final. My doctor made me wait the entire pregnancy to tell me he’d do it. He asked me at every appt if I was really sure it’s what I wanted.
Then My doctor did mine less than 5 hours after giving birth.

My best friends doctor made her wait 6 weeks due to hospital policy.

1 Like

They can do it right after birth of you have the paper work done in time

1 Like

I had mine done during the c section.

1 Like

I had a natural birth. I had to wait until after my 6 week checkup before they did mine.

1 Like

I had my tubes done after one child. No issues.

All my kids I had natural & had my tubes tied after my 3rd. They made me wait 6 wks PP tho.

You can have your tubes done either way

Ok listen to me some people don’t seem to know what there talking about I had my last baby and after he was born vagnaly I had my tubes tied your uterus is closer to the surface so it’s easier to get to

It right after birth and then you pay for a hospital bill once it takes 15 minutes I did not have the epidural for the birth but the gave it to me for the sergery

Yeah they kept the epidural in my back for 24 hours so I wouldnt feel it

Yes i did the day i gavebirth

YES, natural birth. They go thru belly button for the surgery. At least mine was. Have to be put out for that tho.

I tried to have a VBAC with my last child but my son was being stubborn so I had another c-section. They tied my tubes right then and there. If I would of had a natural birth then I would have waited 6 weeks to get it done. I am in PA.

good question for u r doctor