Can you ovulate if you do not get a period?

Yes, I was told that I cant get pregnant when breast feeding because it stops ovulation…I have a set of Irish twins now 10 months apart

1 Like

Well you ovulate before you get your period so yeah you can get pregnant before you get your period again…

my first 2 were 13 months apart. It was like having twins and wonderful

4 Likes

You ovulate before you menstruate hence the need for contraception before your first period after childbirth

5 Likes

Yesss this happened to me after I gave birth to my twins last year!!! I was breastfeeding and hadn’t gotten a period in months and right when I was supposed to get my period BAM I’m pregnant again!!!

Yes you can, go see a doctor to clear up any concerns.

Yes, you ovulate first, then periods flush unfertilized eggs…

Yes! This was how I got pregnant with my son. No period in 6 months, then took a test and it was positive. It was supposed to rule out pregnancy…after a week of extreme fatigue and heartburn…it didn’t. I have an almost 3 year old.

Yes! I nursed for 9 months with no period, then got pregnant. So it happens.

1 Like

Yes, you ovulate before you have a period, if the egg becomes fertilized and implants in your uterus you are pregnant. There are cases of young women that had never had a period and gave birth.

You ovulate before you get your period. If you hadn’t gotten pregnant, you probably would have had a period.

2 Likes

If anything use your insurance that you have, and should of had set up an appointment with your Gyno/OBGYN Dr.

Hahaha u have to ovulate before you get your period. U would have got ur period had u not have gotten pregnant

This should really be a conversation with your GYN to get correct information!

Yep! Mine are a rainbow baby, and her SURPRISE brother, born 14 months later. I was EBF, on the pill, have PCOS, and went though MANY loses before she was born. I have one Fallopian tube, half of my cervix, and hadn’t been able to stay pregnant on my own for 12 years.

To say miracles can happen is an understatement.

12 Likes

If you were nursing it’s normal for your cycle to be delayed. I didn’t have one for a year.

Right after child birth it is supper easy to get pregnant my Dr told me.

1 Like

You ovulate 2 weeks before a period.

Anytime you have unprotected sex there is always a chance for pregnancy.

My children are just 11month’s Apart one in January and other on zDecember

Get a blood test unless you have some sort of rod or something else get a blood test by your doctor

Yes!!! I had miscarriage and within a month I was pregnant again and I didn’t have my period.

3 Likes

You have to ovulate first then you either have a menstrual cycle or a baby.

YES!!! I DIDNT HAVE A PERIOD FOR 12 YRS… GOT PREGNANT AT 40 YRS OLD…Had my beautiful girl… And then it was gone again.( I have 6 kids…12 yr difference between kid 5 and kid 6)

1 Like

Congratulations it happened to me as well I ended up with 5 kiddos

This happened to a friend of mine. :joy: they weren’t quite ready for baby number two but none the less- :woman_shrugging:

Congratulations! Give yourself some time to prepare for another special blessing!

Your more fertile after having a baby

1 Like

Yeah I got off my
Mirena March . Got pregnant may. And never had a period

According to Google you can ovulate and conceive without a period

1 Like

Ask a doctor…not facebook

1 Like

Same thing happened to me now she’s about to be 7

Good Question for your Doctor or OBGYN

Wait a lil longer nd go 2 yr dr.

Science
… It only takes that one time

Yes you can still ovulate

Yes. You have to ovulate to menstrate (well usually)

Breastfeeding is not a form of birth control.

My mom had 3 kids without having periods :woman_shrugging:

Yes ma’am. If you are breastfeeding, that may be why u haven’t had a period yet. But, you sure can ovulate. God speed!

Yes. Also when you are nursing. The only guaranteed way to prevent pregnancy is abstinence. Next best is some form of birth control. It’s going to be tough with two little sin diapers, but it will have some fun too and when they get older be a pleasure. Ask for help. Household chores and a break with good babysitter now and then. No fear! It will be ok. Be sure to get help as needed.

All I can say is congratulations.

That’s how my oldest two girls ended up 13 months apart . :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:t2::joy::joy:

Congratulations mama

Surprise! And CONGRATULATIONS!! this child will be a sweet blessing. :sparkling_heart:

Have you consulted a Doctor?

Short answer YES. Enjoy your new baby. Good luck.

Lol obviously! Congrats

Guess you can.
Congratulations!

Uhhhhh. Apparently!! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations :tada: awesome news

Congratulations…I hope. To answer your question, yup

I never had a cycle for morw than 12 months as i stopped all contraception, had nothing happen. Was over taking pills and potions, then my grandmother passed away and found out 2 weeks later i was pregnant. Kept asking the drs how is this even possible with no cycle/period/ovulation and yo fall pregnant. They had no answer to it apart from it is a gift. Stange things can happen.