Can you ovulate if you do not get a period?

My husband and I had a baby in September of last year. I haven’t gotten back on birth control just because of how long it took me to get pregnant. I hadn’t gotten my period in about three months; my period use to be irregular before I got pregnant, so I thought just all the stress I was under was causing my period to be off. Well, my husband and I didn’t use protection (I KNOW, I KNOW). I have been feeling nauseous lately and decided to take a test yesterday… IT WAS POSITIVE. I guess my question is, can you still ovulate when you don’t actually get your period? Btw, I took a test a month ago, and it was negative.

60 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/can-you-ovulate-if-you-do-not-get-a-period/10722

You are more furtile right after having a baby.

2 Likes

You have to ovulate before a period comes so yeah, that’s how it works.

3 Likes

Yes, I hadn’t had a period in over a year and got pregnant. So yes, yes you can!

With my first son i got pregnant over a month after I missed my period like I was suppose to get my period and didn’t on July 15th and got pregnant around August 21st they said so my whole due date was a month off when I had gotten my ultrasound lol he is now 11 years old and my period was irregular back then like it was normal for me to skip a month or 2 sometimes even 3 without one so I didn’t even find out I was pregnant until almost 6 months.

I havent had a period in 2 years i do ovulation test and get positive results but doctor said i may have a hard time getting pregnant

Same thing happened to me

Yes had no period for a year and got pregnant

1 Like

Can’t stand this page anymore…bye

I didn’t have a period for 6 months then got pregnant with my daughter… But you have to ovulate In order to get pregnant. If that egg doesn’t get fertilized during ovulation then shortly after you have a period …

1 Like

So I know for a fact that that can and does happen more frequently than you think cause my daughter is a result of that exact thing. I haven’t had a period since before my son was born so over 5 years and my daughter just turned 3.

1 Like

Yes you can still ovulate. Although not having a period doesn’t allow your body to shed the lining of your uterus or anything like that you do still ovulate your body just isn’t cleaning everything out. Sometimes it takes a while for a period to start up again especially when they were inconsistent to begin with before pregnancy.

Yes you can!!! I was irregular only 2-3 cycles per year and I got pregnant with all 3 of my kiddos without having a period the month preceding.

1 Like

There’s some people that have 1 period in there teens and then way down the line in like their late 20s early 30s find out they’re pregnant even though they only ever had the 1 period in there life.

Lol very much so… If you got a positive pg test then you’re pg

2 Likes

Ummm. You got pregnant without having your period so obviously you can ovulate :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

My cycle has definitely been off and on for pretty much my whole life, and though I’ve had plenty chances to have gotten pregnant with my fiance, it has never happened…and then BOOM, surprised pregnancy last year! So yes, its possible.

If you have the part to make a baby. You can make a baby.

I have PCOS(polycystic ovary syndrome) I went from 9th grade to just past graduation, and didn’t have a period. Then when I had to have surgery to remove a golf ball size cyst out of my left ovary, my doctor said that I had "periods " that didn’t show up that I ovulated every month.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/can-you-ovulate-if-you-do-not-get-a-period/10722

Yes! I got pregnant without having a cycle for 6 months. My daughter is now 1.5 yr !

Well if your test is positive then you must have? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Id seek out a blood test from your doctor based on your results and no menstrual period. Normally after having a baby, nothing internally is right for the 1st 6wks, so maybe the home test picked up on the past pregnancy hormones still lingering in your body?

4 Likes

Yes. Your period comes 2 wks after ovulation. It’s not uncommon to become pregnant without having a period. See your doctor to make sure everything is ok and take good nutritional care of yourself.

7 Likes

Congratulations on baby #2

4 Likes

Your experience suggests that YES, that is possible.

4 Likes

Yes it is possible, a woman get her period to shed the unfertalized egg and the layers that would be the lining of the uterine wall for the egg to attach. You always ovulate before you would have a period.

3 Likes

Yes. Same happened to me but I had twins. :rofl:

100% possible.
Talk to your doctor though because don’t forget our bodies can be a little crazy and say we’re pregnant qhen we aren’t.
Let them know the whole situation just in case something else may be going on.

Get a blood test to confirm. But yes you do still ovulate without getting your period. They are 2 completely different organs, yes they work as a team for somethings but their functions are separate. Your period is the uterine walls shedding, ovulation is a whole separate thing.

1 Like

Congratulations xoxo

Congrats ! Yes you can . I got pregnant with our last baby before I got my period following the birth of her sister , seven weeks before . Irish twins 👯‍♀ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

See and talk to your physician

Take care, get protection

I was on chemo for Breast cancer and was told even though I didn’t have a period I could get pregnant if I was not careful

You have to ovulate in order to have a period. The words of my OB when I became pregnant with my 2nd 3 months after the birth of my first when I said I hadn’t even started my period yet.

1 Like

I got pregnant 3 months after my last period.

You ovulate before your period ever starts again.

4 Likes

Yes you still ovulate

Yes you can ovulate even if you do not have a period. Breastfeeding women ovulate and often don’t have a period the entire time they bf. Thats how alot of us end up with Irish twins. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes you can I went thru a similar experience

You can ovulate without a period and you can have a period without ovulation. Contact your dr

I got pregnant 2 months after my first baby without a period.

Yes you can ovulate with no period…

Congratulations Momma :heart:

Yep. My daughter is proof! Never had a period after having my son, got pregnant with her when he was 15 months.

Yes you can ovulate with no period. Thats why my babies are 10 months apart

Yes. Same thing happened with my second. I was 9 months pp with my first, stopped breast feeding, and got pregnant without having a single cycle. My cycles were irregular forever. But it was such a blessing in the end. After 4 years of trying, now pregnant with my 3rd!

2 Likes

Your more fertile to my belief within the first months of having a baby

2 Likes

Yes
I fell preg at 17 after not having a period for 9 months before. I found out at 2-3weeks preg

YESSSSS​:woozy_face: I don’t menstruate maybe 1-2 times a year and was told I couldn’t have babies now I have 5 I’m fertil mertil :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl::woman_facepalming:t2::unamused:

1 Like

You ovulate before a period. It’s completely possible to get pregnant during that one cycle and even more more so during the first year postpartum

I mean if you took a test yesterday and it was positive, you know the answer to your question.

4 Likes

If you’re pregnant, you ovulated.

Anyone who isn’t having a period every month and there isn’t a known reason (birth control or menapause etc) should be checked for PCOS.

Be thankful for what God has given you.

yes, youre still getting your period, just irregularly, therefore you dont know when you’re ovulating. it’s pretty basic.

Yes you can. Some women don’t get a period while breastfeeding then they get pregnant because they didn’t think they could lol. What’s meant is meant and will always find a way

Yes it happened to me

Ovulation is the egg moving out of the ovaries, your period happens if the egg is not fertilized, thus the uterus shedding its lining along with the unfertilized egg.

Yes…I breastfed my babies and I never have period while breastfeeding but can still get pregnant

Yes it possible…but it’s not normal…ovulation without a period suggest some kind of hormon issue…after the baby I would seriously consider looking into it more

Yes it’s possible! Congratulations!!! I have an 11 year old and a 10 year old never started my period I had also still been breastfeeding at the time I got pregnant and never had a period before getting pregnant. I wouldn’t worry about your hormones it happens :woman_shrugging:

That’s why they tell u no sex for 6 weeks after having a baby and to get on birth control after 6 weeks. I’ll never understand u females.

Go to your DR! Not FB!!

1 Like

Of course it’s possible

She said she had a baby last September. Why are so many people saying she should have waited the 6 weeks like she’s supposed to? It’s been 9 months :roll_eyes::thinking:

7 Likes

Yes it’s totally possibly because your body may have been preparing for a period this month but you got pregnant during the ovulation time and then still never got it.

Yep ! See your Dr to confirm …

Your hormones are all over the place, yes you can still ovulate.

My friend didn’t have a period for 2 years & is now pregnant. The doctor told her an old egg must have dropped.

Yep. I got prego 4 days after my period

YES I got pregnant with my second after having my first C-section 3 months in

Yes you can and after having a baby your extremely fertile.

1 Like

Both my babies were conceived without having a period , I didn’t know it was possible but here we are im 6 months along with number 2 . Congratulations!

Yes you can ovulate without a period!

Yep. I have 2 sons 16 months apart and both were conceived during a month I didn’t have a period.

Never once had a period due to my pcos. Had first child 2015 and currently 9 weeks pregnant.

Your pregnant. Congratulations

1 Like

Yes you can, sometimes ovulation strips or temping is the only way to track it and know but it’s common

Sounds like you might’ve just ovulated since your last test. You can ovulate twice in one month though. Best wishes with your new bundle of joy. :black_heart:

Yes! That is how I had my baby. I thought if you didn’t have a period you couldn’t get pregnant. She was conceived about 6 months after my last depo shot.

I fell pregnant with #2 the same week I had my rod taken out :rofl: I was quite concerned that I hadn’t yet had a period after about 6 weeks of getting it taken out, took pee and bloods both negative so waited another almost 4 weeks still nothing. Decided to do a pee test and it was positive. Did bloods positive. Went for a dating scan day after, and low and behold I was 10 weeks! Doctor said I probably fell pregnant same day it got taken out :rofl:

My brother and I are twins for 7 day …we were born just under a year apart!

Yes! Completely possible. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Btw my son was also born in September of last year!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes, I had not had a period in one year, and then I had twin sons, at first they thought I had a tumor, the body is strange.

Ovulation occurs before menstruation, so yes. Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! Now you will have a planned baby and a baby that was a meant to be here ! Enjoy this magical time of life

21 Likes

Yes sadly I can’t catch but would love to and its put me off even trying anymore

evidently huh? well you have an other baby coming so rejoice!! babies are a gift from God. Congratulations

Yes! You ovulate first, then if not pregnant, you shed the contents in your next period. Ovulation comes first

If you have ovaries, you ovulate. I had a hysterectomy but kept ovaries. I can tell when I’m ovulating every month.

Absolutely!! You can get pregnant aswell, even if uou don’t have a period or are nursinh

If you were nursing; you may not have a period. I nursed my son 8 months, only had a light period for the last two of those months because he was weaning off.

Yes…mine are 15 months apart…was breastfeeding and at 5 and half months mine had not yet returned…turns out I was going to have my daughter, and my son was barely 6 months old

My girls are 10 months and 5 days apart, had one in January and 1 in November of same year. Now in their 30s. Yes you can

1 Like

I think you just answered that for yourself. If you haven’t had a period but are pregnant than yes. But I’m wondering if you are further along than you think and you haven’t had a period in 3 months because you are pregnant.

A family member still had periods whilst pregnant never knew till she felt her babies till they moved