Can you rent pack in plays from hotels?

What cleanliness measures should I take… I’m renting a pack & play at the Hilton this weekend. Or is this a terrible idea? Anyone done this before? #chicago

1 Like

We do it every time we stay at a hotel since we found out they have to provide a safe place for a baby to sleep. some habe packnplays and some have rollaway cribs. I know at a hotel ive worked at in the past we cleaned them after each use and had clean sheets to put on them. I wouldnt worry to much

3 Likes

I haven’t and personally would try to take my own or borrow from a loved one. But if u must, take a bottle of 91% alcohol and a spray nozzle and spray it completely down and let air dry, then thouroghly check it over all the seams and make sure no bugs or anything (even the cleanest 5 star motels/hotels get bed bugs it happens) take a fitted sheet to cover the mat with… We have cribs in the motel I work at lol… And even when I stay there I still do the thorough inspection of everything before I get comfy … Never be too safe

2 Likes

Everybody has a different definition of clean… Just take your own

1 Like

The babies immune system is weaker than ours. If you can get one at Walmart for 35.00 do it. If you have no room order it online and ship to hotel. Call hotel and tell them to expect it.

1 Like

Just Lysol. You will be fine momma. They clean them after every use. Ignore these uptights saying to buy one. She probably already has one just doesn’t have the space or want to carry it with.

4 Likes

I would just take my own

1 Like

I would use it, just check it like you would your own bed.

1 Like

I would say maybe bring some good disinfectant and your own sheet. That’s what I would do

2 Likes

I have used one at a hotel before and even though it smelled fresh and clean with a hint of bleach, I wiped it down with Lysol wipes.

2 Likes

Lysol that bitch down

Lysol sprays and wipes , I always go to the room before and spray it down and check the seams of the mattress for bugs then spray again then go eat and then load in . If you must bring your stuff in do not unpack till you spray and wipe .

1 Like

I rented a crib one time and it was filthy. Never again. Baby sleeps with us or we bring our own pack n play.

1 Like

I have before. I brought lysol spray and wipes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust it yuck

1 Like

I wouldn’t use the spray but those Clorox wipes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t, yuck!! They don’t even clean comforters, doesn’t make me optimistic they will thoroughly scour and disinfect a playpen.

1 Like

We always asked for fresh sheets to be brought to our room and wrapped the pad he would lay on tightly. Never had any problems.

1 Like