Co-Parenting with Ex & New Wife... need advice ASAP... šŸ˜•

Hey, so first time poster looking for advice on co-parentingā€¦ with an ex and his new wifeā€¦ :roll_eyes: I can try to keep it short and sweet but I deff need to get the point across. Ex and I share an almost 3 year old together. Weā€™ve been separated, divorced, living separately for a good 2 yearsā€¦ during the first year dad had little to no contact with our child. I tried to do a visit (without a court order, I know bad idea) once he was with new wife (not married yet) and it totally back fired and they tried to keep our child from coming back home to all hes known since bornā€¦ Iā€™ve always been primary parent ever since birthā€¦ dad was lazy, 24/7 gamerā€¦ still is. His "emergency custody petition " was denied so I got my baby backā€¦ fast forward some, I was granted full primary physical custody, shared legalā€¦ I agreed to visitation with dad (without having lawyers or even having to do mediation) every other weekend, it wasnt even consistent for the longest on his part. fast forward to present, 8 months later, ex and new wife got marriedā€¦ I cannot tell you how many times I have revised our pick up or drop offs to accommodate her forever changing work scheduleā€¦ itā€™s gotten to the point that itā€™s now affecting our every day schedules here at home because its asked every visit time is something different. Said wife since becoming wife is now concinced because shes ā€œstepmomā€ she can monitor dad and my convo, to the point its HER texting or trying to tell me about visits during drop offā€¦ she thinks because shes married to dad this all can revolve around herā€¦ Now main concern, every time child comes home, there is filth, dirt, dirty clothes, cuts or bruises, several splinters most recently. I know kids play and get bumped up but theres a point you know a child hasnt been bathed or put in cleaned washed clothesā€¦ facebook pictures show filth in the house, child never has socks or shoes on while in their care, inside or outside, other children are dirty, have heard about behavioral issuesā€¦ Iā€™m sorry for such the long post after saying Iā€™d try to keep it short and simple and if I left details out that need to be said for more clarity of what Iā€™m asking just askā€¦ I guess what Iā€™m getting at by posting this is I just am at a loss of what to doā€¦ can I file for supervised visitation for unsafe & unsanitary living conditionsā€¦? How do I get around the new wife to be able to speak to ex about thisā€¦? Can something be done by the courts to stop her from interfering?

Thanks for any and all advice!!

Screenshot the photos the photos on Facebook of the house being messy, and take pictures of the new cuts and such on your baby when they come back home. Iā€™m not sure exactly how courts workā€¦ but keep your child at home. File immediately to see a judge & show them your evidence. Also if you have proof itā€™s the wife messaging you and not him show them that too. She is his wife but this has nothing to do with her. You guys communicate because you have a child together and nothing more. She sounds insecure. Also tell the judge that the current visitation is now affecting everyday life because of her schedule. It sounds like thereā€™s not point in your child going there if all he does is play video games, it sounds like the wife is taking care of him while heā€™s there.

1 Like