Could I have been pregnant?

I had my iud removed 2 weeks ago cause it had shifted and my strings were messed up. Before the removal I had nausea, lightheaded, and slipped a period. I had talked to my dr and gotten an appointment and we chalked it up to the iud being messed up. I started bleeding today and I had a huge clot in the toilet. About half the size of my palm. My question is does anyone think I could have been pregnant or is it simply because of my iud being messed up and missed a period? Before the removal I literally had the same symptoms with my two successful pregnancies. I’m lost right now waiting on my drs office to call back if anyone’s wondering.

35 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Could I have been pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

They had to of done a ultrasound of the area? Also everytime no matter what the visit a pregnancy test was always given at my obgyn they don’t at yours?

1 Like

It could honestly be either, the best thing to do is try and wait to talk to doc. But try not to worry too much, when I came off of depo I had crazy clots so it’s not abnormal to happen.

1 Like

I would say take a test to clear your mind. Regardless if you miscarried the hormones are still there and haven’t fully gone away yet

18 Likes

Honestly if it happened today or yesterday go take a pregnancy test ! See if comes up postive.
If we wer prego our levels would be high and maybe a pregnancy test could ease ur mind !
Don’t go buying some expensive ones ! Maybe a few from the dollar store and see what it says ! If not go to the clinic tomorrow morning and get some blood work
Blood work will show levels for pregnancy or anything else
Best of luck babe

5 Likes

I miscarried multiple times when i had my iud…and it took me a year to get pregnant after it was removed.

1 Like

I had that happened to me like 2 times but I wasn’t active at the time (if you know what I mean)

Could just be due to IUD…I had issues with mine and every month had HUGE clots. Finally too lUD out

2 Likes

Did you have a copper iud? They cause mucus to form around your uterus to prevent implanting and can be shedding of mucus and uterine lining…

My iud fell out two weeks ago and the night before it came out my husband and I did the deed so I’m really hoping no baby lol.

Take a pregnancy test it still should show up if this just happened today

1 Like

I’ve lost several. Imo…. You would know if you were passing a miscarriage. It’s not fun and feels pretty similar to labor It’s definitely painful. And your uterus contracts.

5 Likes

I had an IUD a whole other nightmare with that. But also had endometriosis and adomiosis. My periods were bad and the blood clots were huge. Like whole large liver huge. Cramps were unbearable. Had a hysterectomy and removed the endometriosis in 2019 and been heaven since.

I got pg on an IUD he’s now 30

The people that laugh at the posts should be automatically removed. So disrespectful .

26 Likes

Very common with endometriosis. Could very likely be from the iud

Tramex acid is good for clotting

My first kid was born while my wife had that thing inside her

I got pregnant on my IUD you never know.

Could have been. But- my friends IUD fell out (I know you had yours removed) but afterwards she was having huge clots, and bleeding so bad

2 Likes

I got pregnant with IUD in. So best go in if u do not have a period I didnt know till 3 months after

1 Like

Take a test. If you were pregnant your hcg would still be high enough for a positive.

3 Likes

I mean anything is possible that’s how my son came along :joy::roll_eyes: I had an iud in for 4 years and boom having a baby. Hope you get some answers :heart:

I really hope the person who laughed at this didn’t mean to hit that emoji

3 Likes

Take a test. It will still show up

2 Likes

I was pregnant with an iud and didn’t know. It moved and ended up coming out. I fould out a few days later at my follow up I was pregnant. I ended up losing the baby

5 Likes

I think it has a lot to do with your iud

The can check your hormone levels to be sure

1 Like

If it just happened you can still take a pregnancy test cause HCG will still be in your system a day or two maybe longer.

6 Likes

I could of written this…even with the bleeding. I was pregnant and successfully carried despite the bleeding and my baby is now 4 weeks old…

3 Likes

Take a pregnancy test hon

3 Likes

Huge clots are very common after having an IUD come out.

4 Likes

I know this sounds awful but my dr. Said when I had a early miscarriage it will look like a sack of grapes in my discharge.

Your first period after an IUD is usually huge and awful anyway. You miiiiiight be able to get a blood test and see if you were by seeing if you have any HGC left in your blood. The sooner you check the better.

5 Likes

take a pregnancy test! i still had positives for 2 weeks after my miscarriage. every body is different but if you really wanna see. :grimacing: could also get your blood drawn.

7 Likes

I never had a cycle the 3.5 years I had my iud. I know when I had it removed I spotted for a few days and then had a very heavy period with clots a week or two after … it was my body cleaning it’s self out. It didn’t take long to get pregnant afterwards… I want to say I only had that one episode of bleeding and clots and then one normal cycle a few weeks later and was pregnant with my son that next month. I’ve heard of women getting pregnant with an IUD so it’s very possible in your case.

I had those alot they are blood clots. It would be like having a miscarriage evrytime I had a period which was 1 or twice a year

I’d go get checked. If it was a miscarriage you may need a dnc.

1 Like

You can take a test and if your having a miscarriage it will be positive for a few days

Totally normal when having an IUD removed. When I had my first one removed, I had the exact same symptoms (ended up being silicone poisoning causing them) and it all stopped within a few days of the iud coming out, but I passed clots and bled a lot. Doctor said that’s normal when removing an iud when it was placed at the wrong time in your cycle or when it shifts.

2 Likes

2016 I gave birth to my 2nd son who was born sleeping after we lost him I fell pregnant on the pill and I had a miscarriage I was 8 weeks and it was big enough for 8 weeks in 2019 a few hours after after I gave birth to my twins I was in the toilet and I passed this hugh clot never seen anything so big in my life I gave it to the midwife and they brought it off to get tested came back it was tissue from left inside after my twins were born I could hold it in my hands maybe it could of been old tissue or a missed miscarriage but if they do a pregnancy test or take your bloods it will show I’m your HCG

I passed a huge clout the Mirena stuck in it

Dollar store carries pregnancy tests. Wouldn’t hurt to check.

Take a pregnancy test, even if it was a miscarriage your hcg levels will rise for about a week before they start dropping.

You say you’re waiting on the drs results so why not wait instead of asking other people’s advice!

When u have a miscarriage is not a blood clot its an actual lil sack .