Could something be going on with my husband and best friend?

Listen to your gut. Something happened there. All the signs.

2 Likes

If you have to ask, the answer is yes

6 Likes

Someone would have got they ass beat šŸ¤·

Nope not over thinking it!

1 Like

I woulda been throwing hands tbh

7 Likes

Sit them both down together and talk about it. Ask questions. See what their reaction is when together. Tell them how you feel.
Everyone saying that youā€™re jumping to conclusions is just naive. You obviously do trust him, or you wouldnā€™t have left them alone. I sure wouldnā€™t expect to wake up and find my husband or bestie in that position.
Unfortunately your instincts probably have some foundation here.

3 Likes

I think you know the answer already bc even if he thought,she knew

7 Likes

Maybe not drinking so much that yā€™all donā€™t have recollection of events, start there.

11 Likes

No just ask ur know the way they answer

1 Like

Nah, he knows where his bed is. Something weird was going on and they fell asleep.

17 Likes

I would sit down with both of them and talk. Honestly they could have been sitting there talking and fell asleep if yā€™all was as drunk as you say. I get comfortable I ainā€™t moving and since yā€™all hold hands it could just be muscle memory. But honestly there is no telling unless you talk to them and listen to your instincts if you feel they are lying then address it.

4 Likes

Oh no girl somethingā€™s wrong with that what the hell

1 Like

Personally, if youā€™ve never had an issue or concern about it before, and you trust them both. I would sit down and talk to them. I do agree itā€™s a little odd but itā€™s also possible they were just drunk, hanging out and both passed out. The holding hands is odd but if he was drunk and asleep, it may have just been a force of habit and neither of them realized.

10 Likes

LISTEN TO YOUR GUT!! End of night SHE LEAVES but NEVER LEAVE ALONE

1 Like

Trust your gut feeling!!!

2 Likes

Yes I would have weird feelings about it too

3 Likes

Cut her off donā€™t allow her to come to your house anymore

3 Likes

Hell my sister went to bed w my husband

9 Likes

Not overthinking at all
Follow your gut

Yes and no. Stay sober, limit visits Stay awake. Wait and see Under the circumstances when liquor was involved

8 Likes

Hell no. Iā€™d ask. Just because sheā€™s your best friend doesnā€™t mean she wonā€™t do it to you ā€¦ Iā€™ve learned that the hard way about 3 times nowā€¦ trust your gut.

3 Likes

Oooh trust that gut feeling

Not acceptable at all I would b fighting a bitch if she ever held hands with my husband idgas who she is a friend, my sister anyone that shit will not ever fly with me my husband comes to bed with me weather Iā€™m ready to lay down or not

Whatā€™s your gut tell ya?

1 Like

Bye bye best friend and husband

2 Likes

My question is how they ended up laying together like that though? Like personally, if I was at a friends house and was drinking and their husband passed out on a sectional, Iā€™d be sleeping in a recliner, crawling into bed with my friend or putting my feet towards my friends man. Idk, just me. Iā€™d feel weird about that too. But I would talk to your friend and your man about it and see what they have to say about it.

8 Likes

Oh hell no Iā€™d ask her too
Thatā€™s disrespectful

2 Likes

If they had just fallen asleep on the couch together at opposite sides thatā€™s one thing. But together and holding hands. Thatā€™s weird

6 Likes

Next time pretend your drunk and go to bed and let them think your asleep and see if he thinks it was you again :joy:

16 Likes

Even your BEST friend will stab you straight in the back. Believe me. Trust your gut.

Are you that global drunk or not you know who she was

Iā€™ve been blackout drunk and never once climbed into bed (couch, whatever) with someone elseā€™s SO. Thatā€™s weird.

7 Likes

Have her come over have some drinks.Just watch how much you drink act like nothing is wrong.Sit back and watch.

10 Likes

Donā€™t trust NO woman around ur man. NO WOMAN OR MAN THESE DAYS. :upside_down_face::v:

10 Likes

Alcohol or no alcohol involved my husband would of went straight to bed with me.I know you thought you could trust her with her being your friend that long. But let me tell you some so called friends ainā€™t nothing but snakes in the grass and they would be the first to strike and bite. But always trust your gut this is fishy just my opinion and me personally my butt would of probably already been in jail. I hate you are going through this. I hope it all works out.

Lay on his chest and ask him about it. If he gets nervous or anything his heart rate will go up same thing if you and your friend lay on each other (not sure what best friends do nowadays cus I donā€™t have one) but it couldnā€™t hurt to try. Itā€™s disrespectful on her end and I feel like he could be telling the truth.

15 Likes

Wtf? I would raise hell!! Thatā€™s a red flag right there. You know damn well youā€™re not in bed with me & holding this other bitches hand? & laying with her? Fuck that! Get out! :triangular_flag_on_post::woman_shrugging:t3::tipping_hand_woman:

Trust your gut! If that were my husband and best friendā€¦you better believe it would have been WWIII in my house that next morning.

8 Likes

Donā€™t close your eyes, always be alert.

End all that !! Before you regret itā€¦

1 Like

Yeah something is definitely wrong with this situation. You are right, something happened. Start making plans to leave

2 Likes

Sheā€™s been your best friend for over 15 years. Donā€™t you think she deserves some trust? No harm in asking either of them, but I highly doubt anything went on.

3 Likes

Wait what - MAā€™AM - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3 Likes

Always trust your instincts. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Stop. Do not listen to all the negatives. You KNOW your friend. Youve been friends for 15 years. Do you think she would do that to you? You also know your husband. Clear your head and put your thoughs together rationally.

6 Likes

Ask him you can always tell if someone is lying :lying_face: watch and listen to how he reacts and answers you the question. But then you said you was all drunk he might not remember or her either

Your mostly likely correct

2 Likes

I say keep a closer eye on them that is not normal if he had got that tired he would of went to bed with you so yes something is up with them both sorry to say but trust is earned and hard to keep .

5 Likes

It may have not looked sexual but that sure is emotionalā€¦ be done with both of them

8 Likes

I was at a party with my bf ( now ex ) he fell asleep on the couch ( it was a small couch) so I took the other later than night his step bro joins me ( I was already asleep ,had no clue) bf woke up saw us and woke me up this was around 2am ,we took a bus home immediately ,some time later we broke up and I come to find his step bro was interested in me ( he had the right call to leave the party)

2 Likes

Ummmm uhhā€¦as a friend I would have followed you to your room and fall asleepā€¦would never be in a room with someone elseā€™s husbandā€¦idc how close we are ā€¦that is when accusations happenā€¦I think something happenedā€¦

16 Likes

Am i the only one seeing the ā€œwe drink hang out and let the kids playā€? They all got so smashed that this happens but where them kids at with all u drunk adultsā€¦

14 Likes

Confront them both! Right then and there and ask how long itā€™s been going on?

4 Likes

Well you are playing with fire leaving another woman in a room with your husband. That isnā€™t normalā€¦

10 Likes

Yes, you are over thinking it.

1 Like

U are not overthinking. Donā€™t let the trust u have for them prevent u form seeing the truth! I had a similar thing happen. Best friend and my bf . Trust them both. She stayed w us that night. I woke up and they were both in bathroom. One on toilet other shower they said. I just knew something was off. Fast forward months later I never gave it another thought. We were all drinking and partying one night. Him and I had sex . I get in shower forgot my soap I grab a towel jump out , being very loud btw, walk in the room both butt ass naked screwing. She had just slept w her bf a few hours b4 also. Ya we didnā€™t talk after that. Karma is a bitch bc she left this camera in my car. Back when we dropped our film off. Weā€™ll it was full of pics of them doing the deed. I sent them to her bf. Lol donā€™t ever trust another women w ur man especially if ur drinking or smoking .
If i was u Iā€™d confront the friend and say he told u everything already u just want to know how long its been going on. Even if he thought he was holding ur hand what ab her? Thatā€™s bs girl. Seems like they also have a bond like u and her. Hand holding is personal , emotional. Itā€™s more than sex. That is what is scary ab it . Itā€™s not just sex there are emotions tied in. Cut ties w them both. Let them have each other and then karma will handle the rest.

I think you are overthinking, though I would be super upset by this situationā€¦ but if you have trust in your friend & your husband then other than addressing the hurt feelings, I wouldnā€™t over think it too much.

2 Likes

But why didnā€™t he come to bed??? And why not sleeping in different places? No I would have second thoughts too.

3 Likes

Soā€¦ what was the explanation on their parts? I need detailsā€¦

1 Like

Definitely not right , he easily could have come to bed , holding hands ? Very very odd ā€¦

1 Like

As your friend. I would have been in bed with you and he would have been on the couch alonešŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Trust your gut. 15 years or not.

15 Likes

Thatā€™s super weird and I would definitely be upset and went off on both of them and would talk to both of them separately. But the relationship would never be the same and I would not have her over anymore or drink with her. This is not okay as for your marriage itā€™s your marriage. Also I would never have left them alone or told her letā€™s call it a night guest room or couch and tell your hubby itā€™s time for bed.

3 Likes

Iā€™d ask them both sitting in front of me so I know if theyā€™re lying and they canā€™t rehearse things

3 Likes

Nope this woman is not who you think she is. No self respecting ā€˜best friendā€™ would ever do something like this

8 Likes

Confront them. :woman_shrugging: Youā€™ll know if you feel comfortable with their responses or not.

1 Like

Nah wouldnā€™t happen in my house, Iā€™d sit right there and make them both explain. That isnā€™t right, he should have gone to the bed where he knew you were, not on the couch. Me and my guy hold hands to sleep and I definitely know his from other peoples, even drunk he should know. And if you are all that drunk for this to happen, who was there for the kids?

1 Like

I would question them both together. Calmly. You should be able to trust your husband and your best friend but in todayā€™s world stranger things happen. Put it all on the table with them BOTH in the same room. Express how now when youā€™re all together you arenā€™t sure if you can trust them together.

2 Likes

Nope. Confront them both.

Thatā€™s how most affairs startā€¦ā€¦ the trusting wife leaves her best friend alone with her husband.

10 Likes

Trust your instincts. You are better than me because they both would have been woken up by me being raging mad.

10 Likes

That wasnā€™t a smart decision on your part ,but none the less it is over.Cut the cord with bestie and work on your marriage.Alcohol and outsiders do not mix.Actually you being a drinker yourself, should certainly know.Wake up.

3 Likes

Bye bye to both! Been there done that and my instinct came out to be right! She shouldnā€™t have even stayed once you said you were going to bed!

7 Likes

He might be used to holding hands all night but sheā€™s not , she should have felt something strange and woke up and fixed that situation. Hmmm?

12 Likes

Well I would ask her straight out " did you and my husband make out on the lounge :hear_no_evil:this is no friend " friends donā€™t do that " :tired_face:

2 Likes

I would ask them both separately just to settle my mind. Youā€™ll know them both well enough to know if theyā€™re telling you the truth

4 Likes

Talk to them both at the same time and randomly about what happen. Just invite her over as normal and then out of the blue ask them both. Donā€™t leave the room till you have heard everything.

2 Likes

ALWAYS trust your gut, itā€™s telling you what your heart tries to disguise. That would not be okay with me at all

5 Likes

Just ask them? :woman_shrugging:t3: donā€™t think the worst. Iā€™ve done plenty of stupid stuff when drunkā€¦ I donā€™t think holding hands whilst asleep, fully clothed and not spooning is a red flag at allā€¦ well maybe a red flag for them to not drink THAT much again but :woman_shrugging:t3: Iā€™m pretty easy going though. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

No you need to confront both of them together

Talk to both of themā€¦ tell both of them that youā€™ve already talk to the other so you know the answerā€¦ theyā€™ll spill

What a crummy situation. First, Iā€™m sorry that you have to navigate this.

Do you and your hub often fall asleep on the couch? If no, how can he not know it wasnā€™t you. But know heā€™s on the couch. I know I never sleep well on the couch.

Is she married?

Invite her over and ask them both directly. If she has been your best friend that long, you know her vibes. If they seem off, Iā€™d say something most likely is. Personally, I know my head would know it wasnā€™t right, but my heart would try to justify it to make it seem perfect sense.

Sending love and light.

3 Likes

Trust your intuition

First mistakeā€¦I went to bed early and left them alone, drinkingšŸ¤£

17 Likes

Definitely not over thinking it and drunk or not, he KNEW he wasnā€™t IN BED, next to his wife. They probably didnā€™t mean to fall asleep. But they definitely meant to hold hands. Also, it take TWO to tango. They bothhhhh did it. Not just him.

9 Likes

My husband wouldnā€™t stay out if I was going to bed. And no matter how much I had to drink, I would still know how uncomfortable a couch is with another person and notice that person ISNā€™T the person Iā€™ve slept next to every night since weā€™ve been together.

10 Likes

I would never sleep in the same place as a friendā€™s significant other, Iā€™d be sleeping where my friend is, even drunk I would have gone to bed with my friend if their husband was on the couch. I find it super fishy that they just fell asleep like that, if they were chilling on the couch they would be in different places on the couch (would have probably ended up foot to face) I would be talking to them separately then together, watching for any cues to if they are lying or their stories not the same/adding up. I would have told my husband its time for bed and if she wasnā€™t able to go safely home she would have been out on the couch alone. I would no longer drink together as a group, just you and her or not at all.

7 Likes

Best friend or not I wouldnā€™t have left them up alone once I tired itā€™s time for him to come to bed and her to go or she couldnā€™t drive then he wouldā€™ve just had to come to bed

4 Likes

Hell-to-the-no red flag red flag trust your gut

7 Likes

Totally inappropriate. He should have gone to bed when you did. Where was her SO? I would never do anything like this again. Drinking does nothing but create problems. Iā€™m 70 and know what Iā€™m talking about.

9 Likes

Quit drinking you fools. What a great example you are setting for your children. Wake up before itā€™s too late.

11 Likes

Or the fact they sleeping head to head next to each other and not laying opposite sides of the couchā€¦like ā€œwe canā€™t cuddle but we can lay as close as possible to each other and hold handsā€ ā€¦lol

5 Likes

Itā€™s sad you believe him. He cheated.

3 Likes

Nope not cool at all with either one of themā€¦drunk or notā€¦

2 Likes

If he was gonna fucking cheat on you, I have a hard time believing he would be so blatant about it. Idk. I trust my people 100% though.

Youā€™re better than me. I love my friends, but Iā€™m not leaving any intoxicated female alone with my husband. That is just asking for trouble. Just ask them what happened after you went to bed. You should know them well enough to know if theyā€™re lying or uncomfortable discussing it. They may not even remember. I could see his side if the two of you hold hands when you sleep, but why did she continue to hold his hand? Iā€™m sure she felt her hand being held. This would upset me, too. If it was the first occurrence, I would probably not make any drastic life changes over it; however, Iā€™d limit their interactions for a long while.

13 Likes

In the 15 years youā€™ve been married has he ever gave you reason to suspect that heā€™s been unfaithful? If the answer is no, then itā€™s very likely that heā€™s being honest with you now. On the other hand if the answer is yes then you have reason to think he may be lying.

2 Likes

They wouldā€™ve spooned if they had sex not hold hand head to head you guys are grown woman breaking up a marriage with kidsā€¦ EuwšŸ˜Æ

If you have to ask you already know

2 Likes

I think more happened than you want to accept.

1 Like

ā€œI thought it was youā€ Really!

2 Likes