Did anyone measure big but not have a big baby?

Any mom went through measuring big in pregnancy, but baby weight lower than 9 pounds? My first kid I measured 3 weeks ahead had him in 37 weeks and weight 6 pounds. I’m expecting and measuring five weeks ahead, according to my OB appt today. I had an emergency with my first. I’ll be getting an ultrasound 36/37 weeks to see if the baby is big and if it is, I’ll be having a CS since I had an emergency c-section. I am stressing because I want to deliver vag :tired_face: I can say I wasn’t the healthiest for my firstborn but the second one I am healthier.

13 Likes

Yep. The due date kept changing bc she was “so big”. Came out 8 pounds even. Which is big but not as big as they made her seem :rofl:

1 Like

Opposite experience actually… But the same idea. I measured on track for the entire pregnancy with my first and she was two weeks late and 6lb 13oz. Second baby I measured small, to the point that they told me I was dealing with growth restriction towards the end and had to go for extensive 3-D scanning, which subsequently revealed that I would “have a bout a 5 pound baby”.

She was 7 lbs. 6 oz.

If you can, find a local midwife with experience traveling to less medically advanced countries. It sounds strange but that’s the only person who gave me any peace of mind… And she was literally right on the money. All she did was push on my belly a few times and go “ that’s about a 7 1/2 pound baby in there” :joy::joy:

1 Like

How far along are you now? Five weeks is a really big gap. But if you measured three weeks ahead the first time and only had a six pound baby I would make sure they are 100% sure about baby being big before you make any decisions. Some doctors will not do a vbac depending on the situation. There’s a lot that goes into it

I’m sure once you have a csection unless due to medical reasons it’s your choice to deliver vaginally?:thinking:

They told me my son would be around 9lbs. He was just over 7

When I was roughly 38 weeks my doctor thought my baby would be about 9 1/2 pounds but when he was born he was 8 pounds and one ounce

YES!!! I had gestational diabetes and every ultrasound they said he’s gonna be born chubby and big. They even induced bc they didn’t want him to get any bigger… my son was born 8 lbs 2 oz. I prepared with clothes 3 mo. Or bigger but guess what.?? I had to go shopping for newborn clothes bc none of the ones I had fit him. This is him 10 days old. My little skinny baby boy. (He’s 13 months now)

My son measured 10lbs at 36weeks. He was born naturally at 39.5 weeks at 7lbs 6oz.

With my middle daughter. I had so much amniotic fluid that I could visibly watch my stomach go down as the Dr ruptured my membrane. Almost four gallons. She was born at 8 lbs 2 ounces.

Mine went the other way. They told me she was measuring small but then I had a ten pound baby :weary::woozy_face: with my first I was mesuring like 2 weeks ahead and he was only 8lbs 2 oz. And I had gestational diabetes They’re wrong sometime. But better safe then sorry :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Wish I could say yes but no. I was induced 2 weeks early because they were concerned with the size of my son because he was showing just shy of 9 pounds just before 38 weeks. 2 days after being admitted to the hospital I pushed out my 9pounds 14 ounce baby boy.

At my 38 week growth scan my little girl was coming up at 8lb+ already. I had her at 41 weeks exactly and she was 7lb 11, so I don’t think the estimated measurements are too accurate x

They told me my son was measuring big but he was born on his due date weighing 7-8

Yes I did. Was told my baby would be at least over 8lbs. She’s was only 6lbs 9oz. :woman_shrugging:

I always measure big and have 7lb babies. I have a big uterus and carry alot of fluid.

They told me that based on my ULTRASOUND my youngest was going to be 10 pounds. :roll_eyes: I told them that she was MAYBE 8lbs. We went back and forth like that. She came out 2 ounces shy of 8lbs… Just like I said.

When I was 7 months pregnant the Dr told me my son was big, like 8-9 lbs already!:flushed: so, I was like well…i hope I have him early cuz idk about this!:rofl::joy: then I ended up having an emergency c-section due to baby’s oxygen levels. And when he came out they weighed him and…5lbs 6ozs… he was so tiny!!:rofl::joy::rofl: but we were both healthy so that’s what really matters!

1 Like

I was told she’d be over 9lbs. She was born 2 says before due date. Weighed in at 6 1/2 lbs.

My daughter was born at 39 weeks and was 9 pounds 4oz. I was measuring about 4 weeks ahead. They thought she would be closer to 10 pounds full term.