Did anyone struggle to get pregnant after Mirena?

I had the mirena back in 2010-2012 I got pregnant within 8 months after having it removed but had a miscarriage due to PID that was caused by my mirena. In 2014 I had finally gotten pregnant again and delivered a healthy baby boy. In my opinion I would give it at least a year to let all of your hormones do what they need to do along with making sure you don’t have any side effect/reaction from the mirena like I did along with a few others that I know… that miscarriage was very hard for us. No not everyone is the same and most probably don’t have any problems at all afterwards but with my experience I’d say give your body enough time to figure out again what it’s meant to fully do again without having any problems.

1 Like

I got pregnant on the mirana with my now 11 year old daughter. Be careful ladies

I took the pill for almost 20 years and got pregnant at 35 within a matter of 6 weeks after getting off of it. Everyone is different.

I personally don’t belive the IUD has anything to do with it, my doctor told me you can get pregnant right as soon as you take it out (I had Mirena for about a year recently, and I’d get it again for sure), I did basically get pregnant right after having it out, 2nd try. It’s all about the ovulation day, you have a small window, try using an app like Flo to track your day, or buy ovulation test strips, they have good deals on Amazon.

I got pregnant after 1 cycle and had my third daughter at 30. Then a son 15 months later.

I think it just depends. Every woman is different. I had my first Mirena for 5 years and got pregnant within 2 months following removal. Had my second Mirena for 1.5 years and fell pregnant rather quickly again following removal. Just keep in mind it can take normal couples 6+ months to conceive.

It was about a year and a half before I got pregnant after I took mine out. I had my baby at 32.

I had such a bad experience with mirena it also took me 9 years to get pregnant I actually thought i couldn’t get pregnant anymore and then i was blessed with twins

Took me about a year to conceive after removing my Mirena !