Did you end up pregnant even though your test was negative?

I am 8 months PP with my daughter. I am on BC & we use condoms as well. In august I had some symptoms of pregnancy, however I tested and it was negative so I left it alone. Fast forward to last week I started feeling flutters like I did when I first felt my daughter move. It comes and goes. Isn’t constant. It’s not gas. The only time I have ever felt this feeling was when I was pregnant, except for now. I took 2 home tests and both negative. I contacted my doctor and she said it’s rare to have a negative home test and actually be pregnant. So I took another test and it’s negative. Am I crazy?! Have any of you had a negative home test and ended up actually being pregnant?I asked to have an HCG level drawn and my doctor wasn’t a fan of the idea.

11 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Did yo uend up pregnant even though your test was negative?

Have you had a period? If not I would say if ur dr will not preform a blood test go to a woman’s clinic and ask them to do testing? When I wasn’t sure if I was pregnant my tests were not coming out positive but I just knew I was pregnant they did an ultrasound for me and sure enough I was 7 weeks pregnant! And it was absolutely free! Good luck

1 Like

It’s normal to feel phantom kicks after having a baby.

But to your question yes I actually did test negative on pregnancy tests until I was 6 months pregnant. Only found out I was pregnant when I passed out from blood loss and was told I was having a miscarriage then found out two weeks later that I was still pregnant with my son but the rest of the pregnancy was beyond horrible in and out of the hospital every week sometimes overnight.

2 Likes

Yes even had surgery because they said i wasn’t pregnant I was almost 6weeks

2 Likes

I know someone who had negative blood and urine tests until she was 9 weeks. It is rare but it definitely happens. Maybe look into doing an elective ultrasound. If it’s big enough for you to feel flutters then it’s be big enough for an ultrasound to see.

Yep currently happening with me I can feel them bump into me hubby can feel them move from the outside and see where my stomach raises up a bit when they move I got negative they refused to do blood test because not enough evidence but yet I’ve had symptoms since August and had my last child 8 years ago but it feels like when she was in there swimming around

My daughter tested negative so many times she didn’t have period but really had no signs of being pregnant. She made appt and they tested levels and they were really high did blood test and she is pregnant.

1 Like

I still feel flutters decades after giving birth. It happens … BUT my mom kept telling people something was wrong in there and they all dismissed her, let her pee in a cup and all… she had an IUD in and all pee tests were negative. She went BACK in and told them something is MOVING inside of her and she wanted an ultrasound and blood test right now! So they did a blood test and wouldn’t ya know it… she was pregnant pregnant! Big time preggo! Ultrasound estimated she was 4-5 months along. :flushed::flushed: so it’s totally possible

Happened to me not PP
But I took at home tests (as in multiple) until I was like 3 months (I didn’t know I was 3ish months) and a month later I went to the hospital for other reasons and anyways the urine test came out negative (at the hospital too) and then the blood work came back positive, they did an emergency ultrasound I found out I was 17 weeks and 4 days :woman_shrugging:t2: my boy is 8 now hahaha

It’s tummy spasms
Feels like fluttering
Take some magnesium and potassium
Have u has a period? If on pill and also took antibiotics- u could still be preggers

1 Like

My first test was negative but I knew something wasn’t right, waited and tested again 4 weeks later it was positive. But I was NOT on any birth control for over a year, and I’m gonna say it’s very unlikely you’re feeling “fluttering” that early even if you are pregnant, more likely phantom kicks from the last or gas

Yes you can be pregnant and the test be negative. I was young but it happened to me when I was pregnant with my son. I didn’t know I was pregnant but I had a bad cold I couldn’t get rid of so my step mom took me to the health department and she told them to do a pregnancy test. They took a test and it was positive. Home pregnancy tests have never worked for me.

Usually a Dr will do a blood test to rule it out! Know plenty of people with negative tests who were found to be pregnant after a blood test.

I had negative tests and was pregnant. Do a blood test

1 Like

There is a such thing as phantom kicks. That feel like flutters or kicks when there Is actually nothing there. The mind is a crazy powerful thing sometimes!

1 Like

I tested negative on urine test and blood test until I was 4months pregnant the Dr. Couldn’t believe it she had to pull up my er chart to check

Phantom kicks. My daughter is 11 and My son is 4 and I have them sometimes still :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I haven’t had a baby in ten years and I still few flutters from time to time. Sometimes even what feels like big ones, it’s enough to make you feel crazy!

Yes…my test was negative even thou I could feel that I was pregnant…I decided to buy another test a week after…coz it felt like I’m going crazy coz I know my body and I know I’m pregnant…test was positive and I was already 2months

Feeling flutters after pregnancy is very normal. I had it for years after both of mine

1 Like

Why don’t you just pay out of pocket to a lab to have your HCG measured and it will give you a final answer?

Could be Phantom Kicks.
I had them like 5 years after babt

1 Like

It’s normal, it’s called Phantom kicks. I literally never felt my daughter kick when I was pregnant because I had an anterior placenta, but I actually felt kicks after she was born.

1 Like

I tested negative for like 2 1/2-3 months with my daughter.

2 Likes

It’s normal to feel flutters and stuff even not being pregnant.

1 Like