Did you have to take your nipple piercing out when you got pregnant?

I have piercings both vertically and horizontally jn my nipples, I took out the jewelry in my first trimester because I was so sore and left them out. I’m still breastfeeding so I have yet to put them back in. Yes milk comes out all four piercing holes but it doesn’t affect nursing or my supply.

I took mine out because I planned on breast feeding (didn’t work out due to an old surgery). If you’re going to breast feed (or hope to) then I suggest taking it out now to let it heal for baby

i took mine out like a month before i found out i was pregnant bc obviously my boobs started getting sore. i still have my holes and i breastfeed/pump and milk doesn’t come out. what nipple piercings gotta do with needing more from your man?

2 Likes

I had to take out all my piercings in the hospital while having my daughter , and I breastfed her so I had to take mine out . You can’t keep them in if your Breast feeding but u can put them in while your not but that would be a lot of in and out and probably not very comfortable anyway cause it’ll be very sore

I took mine out. They get extra sensitive and it wasn’t worth the discomfort for me. Milk still comes from all the holes though, so they may still be open :woman_shrugging:t3:

What a quick topic turn! I would say you probably don’t want baby to choke on them, so maybe just take those out :brain:

6 Likes

You should be fine to keep them in through pregnancy but if you have a csection they will have to come out and you can’t nurse with them in. They mess with the baby’s pallet formation on top of being a choking hazard. I had mine done for 6 years before my son and I was unable to nurse him because the damage the piercings caused made my ducts to where the milk was coming out the piercings holes on the sides of my nipples and it messed his ability to nurse up and made it impossible to pump :frowning:

keep them in!!! i breastfeed for two years just periodically putting them back in inbetween feedings. at first it was easy but i got lazy but the year and a half mark- they stayed open though! i had mine pierced for 4/5 years before

Huge choking hazard, just get em done again.

i took mine out , boobs hurt way too bad to keep them in

I would take it out because the colostrum leakage can get really bad. You don’t want to risk infection

2 Likes

They told me to just take them out to breast feed

1 Like

I took them out pregnant just cuz it was starting to hurt from my boobs getting bigger and pregnancy was winning that battle so I had too. :joy: And then of course if you wanna breast feed, you can’t have them in. Not only is it a choking hazard but it affects your baby’s ability to latch and eat properly My doctor said you could have put them through the holes again after each time breast feeding to keep the holes open but it was too much of a pain in the ass. So I just let them heal over and I plan on repiercing them as soon as I can. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ve had mine done over 10 years and took them out right when I gave birth with my first and had to have them redone. 6 years later I’m due with baby #2 in 32 days and had to take them out two weeks ago because they hurt so bad and my nipples had gotten so big the rings were cutting into me. :grimacing::cold_sweat:

I got mine pierced and got pregnant four months later. I’m two months away from baby’s due date and I’ve kept mine in, plan to breastfeed with them. I’m willing to bet it’s easiest to take them out per feed, put them back in after. That’s my plan at least. I didn’t go through getting them to just take them out damnit

Not trying to be rude… but tell me how you gonna breast feed with a nipple ring in? :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I did but that’s bc my nipples hurt so bad

On the nipple piercing thing, you can wear them during pregnancy until you get uncomfortable (if you do) but it’s usually not a good thing to have them in when you’re breastfeeding, let alone the tugging probably would hurt! But on a side note, why does this post have two separate questions merged together randomly? :joy::joy:

7 Likes

It’s a major choking hazard for your baby :woman_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

I took mine out, I would suggest they be taken out. Choking hazard. On the plus side I had extra milk flow :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, my doctor told me too. I got it n November and got pregnant in January.

I left my in even through labor I took them out to nurse a and would put them back in. I did take them out tho for awhile because that got annoying and the almost closed but I got a 22 horse shoe ring in a gaged back up to normal 14 bar

I only had to take mine out when I had my c section
I just went to longer bars

Ive had my nipples pierced since I was 18, Im 35 now. I have barbells and personally didnt breastfeed. But I have friends that have and with the barbells there was no hazzard or problems, they do suggest once teething starts, to start weening, the metal can hurt their teeth. They suggest pumping.

Talking about only the pregnancy, and not breastfeeding… your boobs will probably be so sore you’re not going to want them in… mine were so sensitive and sore, it wasn’t worth it, I took them out pretty fast.

I’m very confused by this post, I feel like it’s a question being asked and then a complaint on the significant other? Either way you should most definitely take out the piercings if you are breastfeeding that wouldn’t be a thing to try and have with an infant.

10 Likes

I had to take mine out around 9 weeks pregnant they hurt to bad.

Definitely take them out for breast feeding but I feel like its kinda up to you on if you feel you need to take them out based on pain tolerance but the best person to ask is your ob/gyno dr

I chose to take mine out because I wanted to breastfeed without putting the bars in and out every time. It didnt bother me that the holes closed. But I took mine out around halfway through my pregnancy.

I’m on a breastfeeding page and a lot of moms said they only took it out to nurse then put it back in. Their nipples were fine. You’ll get milk coming out of the holes.

I took mine out when I was pregnant because my nipples hurt so bad. Them rubbing my bra or shirt made me want to cry. They were out for 7 years then I got them back.

I had mine in until I gave birth, one of them fell out way before but the right ball was stuck so I just left it in. :joy: I had to have a nurse cut it off me when I had to start breastfeeding

I did take them out so funny how my milk came out lol

You need more help from him for…a piercing? :thinking::thinking: If you choose to breastfeed gotta let it go… choking hazard and all. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I had my nipples pierced a month before I found out I was pregnant. I kept them in until I had my c-section and after that I gave up with pumping every 2 hours plus breastfeeding I got tired of having to deal with them cause they were still healing technically and I had to clean them every time I took them out. Maybe would have been different if I had had them for a year or 2 before hand and I didn’t have to worry so much about them getting infected or closing up every time I took them out.

And the 2nd half of this post? :joy:

6 Likes

Wait, what? How did you go from nipple piercing to “having multiple conversations with him” whose him? :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

What in the hell does him not helping have to do with your nips?

4 Likes

I took mine out during 9 weeks pregnant and I just had my baby about a month ago and I can still put mine in without a problem

I feel like there is either something missing here or this is two different questions that were somehow merged… either way, lose the nipple ring! If you breastfeed it’s a full on choking hazard.

11 Likes

What’s going on here? You need more from your piercings or your baby? Or

2 Likes

I did every single time. My boobs were just too tender and hurt too much to leave them in. Plus I breastfed all of mine. I am pregnant with my 4th and 10 weeks and took mine out recently

I took mine out days after my son was born. I had both pierced and my right boob would leak just fine. My left boob got a huge bump and it hurt! I cut them out and as soon as i did, my left boob leaked like crazy and the bump went down. I have not put them back in, lol
Still to this day, i get pains in my nipples sometimes. Ha.

Are these two different topics or he’s not helping you decide about piercings? That shifted fast lol.

6 Likes

I kept mine in until 25 weeks, my nipple started to grow over my ring! Thankfully I was able to get a ring back in afterwards, you will leak milk out of the holes.

1 Like

Took mine out when I found out I was pregnant. Definitely wouldn’t breast feed with them in since it’s a choking hazard. Milk will come out of the holes :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, I did. I will get them redone after I have baby

I don’t get it. :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

So here’s my opinion.

You don’t HAVE to do anything you don’t want to do.
I took mine out because of the pain from my nipples just from being pregnant and them being sensitive. As far as nursing goes I wouldn’t nurse my kid with nipple rings in but :woman_shrugging:t3: some people nurse when they’re on drugs so I guess there’s worse things. I would be afraid for choking my baby, dental issues and also sanitary reasons. Also, if you take them out and you do nurse, having the extra holes in your nipples your child does get extra milk! Lol
As far as your other issue, tell him to f***k off. There’s always someone with another inch and a better attitude. Boy bye. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Becky Dexter Jackson read the post then a few of the comments in stitches :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Are there real people behind these posts?!? Some of them (posts), look like as if someone high on whatever they’re smoking decided to ask whatever first thought lit up in their mind

5 Likes

I’m lost on this post as it looks to be two different topics on one post

9 Likes

You can still nurse you just need to take them out before every feed otherwise it’s a choking hazard. You dont have to take them out pregnant unless they’re hurting you or you want to. As for that last part idk what the question was supposed to be but I hope you get the partner you need soon :heart:

1 Like

Is this a real legit question? Choking hazard maybe?? 🤷🤦 Have you no common sense? :joy:

3 Likes

We got us a special one :woman_facepalming::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I didnt take mine out, however when I breast fed I did… and milk came out 3 holes :rofl::rofl: talk to your dr. I did and he told me to remove before every feeding and clean nipples everytime before and after feeding, clean nipple ring before putting it back in. No issues here.

It’s a huge choking hazard to keep them in with breastfeeding also the rest doesnt really make any sense

1 Like

I’m confused is there text missing here? Seems like two separate issues.
My piercings were kept in during my pregnancy, I took them out to breastfeed and decided to let them close. You can put them back in between feedings, there’s no need to let them close like I chose to. I would definitely remove them while feeding as they can be a choking hazard.

If he isn’t making an effort than that should tell you something. I can’t say too much as I don’t know exactly what is going on, but I do not tolerate relationships that feel one-sided so I would leave. No point being with someone who you can’t respect and who can’t respect you.

4 Likes

I didn’t have to take mins out until delivery. Their reasoning was just in case I had to be revived with the paddles, they didn’t want to superheat the metal accidentally and burn me.

I took mine out because they hurt so freaking bad

1 Like

I took mine out because my boobs hurt so bad from just being pregnant. When I started nursing milk shot out of the holes, I kid you not! Just look out!

Please don’t breast feed with nipple rings, I’ve had them come undone and balls falling off, they could definitely swallow them and choke. It isn’t safe, your child is more important than a piercing. Not to mention, piercings carry some nasty bacteria.

Ask your doctor. I took my belly ring out for my first pregnancy and never put it back in.

Eew. Sorry not trying to judge those keeping them in… but first off that’s a choking hazard… second off if you take them off, ur baby would be sucking on an open wound and that kind of gross.
If I had them, I would take them out as soon as I found out I was preggo and hope they heal within that 9 months…
Or I would just bottle feed. So much easier and convenient anyways.

My best friend had to take hers out the ob said if she’s Brest feeds with it in the ring can lossen and get lodged in the baby throat

You don’t have to take them out during pregnancy but to breastfeed you’d have to take them out for each feeding and then put them back in after which would be tedious. I’ve taken my nipple rings out during both my pregnancies at the very beginning and was able to put them back in when I was ready. I only got to breastfeed a couple weeks for my daughter but I breastfed my son for 3 months and was still able to put my piercings back in after I stopped.

Took mine out due to c section but was planning on keeping them in just changing to plastic rings

Idk why everyone is making a big deal about the two different topics. Just offer your opinion on both. Don’t know why it needs to be brought up 5 million times. We obviously see it’s 2 post merged together. Definitely take the nipple rings out. It’s uncomfortable as your boobs grow and not ideal while breastfeeding. As for the second half, If you’re voicing your displeasures and nothing is getting done about it, time to get your things together and leave. You can’t force someone to give you what you want. You have to make yourself happy first!!

Why are everyone on these posts always judgmental bitches? Y’all make me cringe :roll_eyes: it’s like every little mf thing y’all got some negative shit to say. Jesus Christ. I gotta unfollow this page lmao

2 Likes

35 weeks still hace mine in. With my last i took them out right before surgery. I didnt breast feed however you do have to remove them before each feeding as they are a choking hazard.

You’ve had multiple conversations with the baby? Yes, take your rings out. Infections, choking hazard all around bad for the baby and you.

I had mine done when I first got pregnant. Since my boobs got bigger I didn’t realize how big my boobs had gotten and I ended up ripping the first one out on the shower door. Straight out and the shower door came clean off. After about two weeks I ended up taking the other one out cause it was so painful

i didn’t ‘have’ to take mine out but after getting longer bars i still couldn’t get comfortable and took them out. I wouldn’t have kept them if i was planning to breastfeed tho.

I took mine out after to breastfeed, other than that they were no issue at all.

That escalated quickly.

And it’s a choking hazard so, yeah, I’d take them out.

1 Like

My OB told me its perfectly fine to keep them in, even for breastfeeding. He told me to wash before feedings/pumping with soap and water. He suggested switching to flexible jewelry for comfort. And to keep an eye for infections.

2 Likes

I had to take mine out along with my tongue ring and earrings

No. But if you plan on breastfeeding i don’t recommend keeping them. You gotta take them out everytime you feed and Bc of the stim you’re gonna leal out of your bra

Chanell Janse van Rensburg dis kak snaaks

I kept mine in all through pregnancy however I never breastfed however the nurse in the hospital told me that the best thing to do if I was going to breastfeed was to take them out at feeding then once done clean them and put them back in.

I kept mine in throughout pregnancy with no problems, took it out for breastfeeding, closed up really quickly!

If you don’t care that they could possibly be a choking hazard then leave them in. :woman_shrugging:t2: as for “him” I suppose it’s your partner? Is he not involved AT ALL? What is it that he should change? Just don’t forget being a “team”means the both of you working “together”, not him changing to your liking or you to his. Good luck and hope everything turns out well.

2 Likes

What?
Take them out if you plan to feed. So many reasons to. An when your breast swell they probably will be uncomfortable.
They can be redone…

I kept mine in until I went into labor. You’re not supposed to have any piercings in during labor in case of an emergency. I absolutely took them out to breastfeed. They’re a choking hazard and also rough on the baby’s mouth

Just take then out. Safer for all that way.
You don’t have to, but it’s a choking hazard for baby, and when(not if) they pull on them… Oml :flushed::grimacing:
Seriously, just save yourself the hadsle

Inappropriate & Unfiltered Momma , I believe theres a piece of this story missing?

1 Like

I took mine out because my boobs grew so much and it just got uncomfortable. But I didn’t take them out until I was about 7-8 months in.