Did you put your baby in a crib or bassinet?

Does anyone put their baby in a crib as newborn… or does everyone use a bassinet? Or a playpin with the bassinet option… we are going to buy all 3 but then i thought wait we dont need all 3. Maybe we can use the crib from the beginning. And maybe get the playpin with the bassinet option and changer. Crib will be in our room for a long time.

4 Likes

My bubs is in the bassinet of the pack and play. I love it cuz we can remove the bassinet part and move it around if needed and i don’t need move the whole pack and play. Honestly i never use the changing table part. It’s easier to just put him on my bed. The changing table part just holds the diapers and supplies.

I used the play pen with the bassinet option so they could sleep right next to my bed. At 4 months they went into the crib in their room and the bassinet part came off and then it was just the play pen

I did crib with my first and imo it was a waste I did playpen with 2nd and 3rd and best thing ever I still use it with my 17 mo old

I used a crib for both my of my sons. They were too big for the bassinet. My oldest son woke himself up in the bassinet. Didn’t even try it with my younger son.

Crib, they grow out of a bassinet so fast

My first in bed with me. My second a bassinet. & my five month in bed just with me.

I used the bassinet for about 3 weeks, then went to a crib.

We had all three and used all three. I put the bassinet in our room by our bed and the Baby used that for naps between feedings until they outgrew it. The crib was in the baby’s room and the playpen was set up in the living room.

1 Like

I used the crib without the side attached and slid next to my side of the bed until they could roll over.

We used a playpen with the attachments and bought a mattress for when she got bigger. She had a crib and cradle, but didn’t like sleeping in those

I used the cradle that was our family heirloom till he out grew it then switched to a crib in my room and a playpen in the living room

1 Like

I used the crib in the room with me and the bassinet out in the livingroom from the start with my first 2. My 3rd had to be inclined for the first couple months due to bad reflux so she was in a bassinet but is now in her crib.

I used crib with both mine. I also had a bassinet because it’s easier to bring from room to room if you need. I also had the playpen because the playpen can go everywhere with you. We took it to beaches, picnics, camping etc. All 3 are good to have.

I have a crib for my room and a bassinet in the living room

We used a cradle at first. Then play pen. Then at 10 months he went to a floor bed in his room. He absolutely HATED the crib. Maybe slept in it once or twice for a grand total of like…2 hrs. If that.

I used the playpen with bassinet the most. He barely used his crib.

Used crib from the start with my two. I did have a playpen for ocassional outings or playtime.

We had all 3 and used them. My daughter used the bassinet next to our bed at night until she was 10-12 weeks and she had all daytime naps in the actual crib in her room. We had the playpen set up in our bedroom too and used the top bassinet part as a changing table at night. Once she fully switched to the crib in her room the bassinet was given away and the playpen was used at friends houses and while traveling or out in the yard. The least useful one for us was the bassinet though and if had a baby now I wouldn’t be getting one

1 Like

I used the bassinet til about 4 months then switched to a crib, used a playpen for travel/naps in the living room

Bassinet until they’re too big for it (around 4 months) then crib

I had a bassinet in our bedroom until they outgrew it then they moved to crib in their own room( video baby monitor in their). I also had a playpen with the newborn napped and separate changing table in my living room. I was gifted a bassinet that we used for 2 of our 3 kids but we had to buy a brand new for baby 3. My youngest will b 2 next month, she’s in a twin bed already but I still have the playpen with the changing table in my living room and use it daily for diaper changes.

My guy was very early so he was in a bassinet near my bed, then went to a crib when he got alittle bigger

Years ago when my older kids were babies, they slept in the pram full time. I would carry the carrycot upstairs each night. I did that until they outgrew it

1 Like

I used crib in the bedroom for my daughter and moses basket downstairs. Just used moses basket upstairs and downstairs for my son as I didn’t have enough room for crib when I had him

I always used a crib for my three babies

Used bassinet till about 3 months cus my chunky baby outgrew it and felt more comfy on the crib now he takes naps and sleeps at night in crib

With my daughter (my first) she was in a bassinet then playpen beside my bed from the day she was home. My son we placed his crib in our room beside my side of the bed and hes been in his crib since birth. I had no problem with both but we did need to transition our daughter to her crib with naps during the day that took a little longer

You can sidecar a crib to your current mattress/bed!
I’ve used just a crib for my first, and nothing for my other 2 children.

I use the bassinet because they were so small and they got bigger I put them in a crib

I used crib right off the bat! She sleeps 9 hours in her crib now with no fuss.

I used a crib for all three of my children.

I used bassinet and crib and I would use a playpen if I was going overnight to family and friends.

I have something for every room cus I’m lazy haha. Her room has the crib, bedside bassinet in my room, downstairs has my son’s old pack n play w/changing table/bassinet option and I also have a rolling bassinet I can take into the kitchen or dining room. Then I’ve got my swing/rock n play/bouncy seat from when my son was a baby. The pack n play was also his. I held onto that shit for 9 years lol.

We got all 3 with our 4th. Even the play pen with the bassinet for when we travel. He hated it.
I used the bassinet in our room until he got to big for it and he went to a crib in his room.

My oldest slept in a bassinet until he was 2 or 3 months, then moved him to my bed until he was older. My 2nd has been in my bed since birth, it’s saved my sanity since we’ve been nursing for 3 years. Lol

I read that first sentence wrong and I was quickly scrolling. Had to come back to read the full post because I couldn’t figure out why the options were crib or basement.