Did you regret getting your tubes tied young?

I was in my 30’s when I had mine tied. Since you’re younger and you seem to be having doubts, wait!

Did not do it I had a hysterectomy after my 3rd kid

I had my three kids by the time I was 21. I got my tubes tied aged 25 and no regrets… Its one of the main reasons the four of us thrived. I managed to get a career and now have a “higher up position” My kids have all went off to uni and I’m finally starting to catch up and do all the things I missed out on over the years. I’m in my very early 40s so I still have lots of time :blush:

4 Likes

Nope! I had mine done at 22, after my second child was born. I don’t regret it in the slightest. With that being said, if you have any reservations about doing it at all, I’d definitely suggest waiting

1 Like

I had mine tied at 26. I had 3 babies at 22,23, and 25. But I’m remarried now and we both have 3 kids, but would have liked to have one together. However, I still don’t necessarily regret it because it prevented me from having more kids with an abuser. And I know now with how high prices are it would be hard to afford another child.

1 Like

Not at all. My daughter is 18 I got them tied when she was 4. I’m only 38, she’s my only child and I do not regret it for one second. It was probably the best decision I’ve ever made.

1 Like

You never know what life will bring you. I made my choice, I had two, knew I couldn’t handle it a third time. I made the best choice for myself and my children. I’m definitely sad about it, but life has still brought me a larger family :heart: you do what is best for you and your children. If you’re on the fence… DO NOT DO IT YET

If you’re having doubts, wait until you’re certain you don’t want more.

I was 26 with 2 kids when I had mine done. Never regretted it.

1 Like

Don’t do it unless you are sure of it.
I was positive when I had my tubal removal and then went back for a partial hysterectomy due to medical reasons. I was 27. I also have 3 sons.

I’m 22 and on my 3rd. I plan on getting mine done after this baby. My only concern is I’m just scared of the procedure itself lol

I had mine done 19 years ago Im 61 now & no kids

I’m 25 and just had my 3rd this year. I’m definitely getting a tubal ligation (actually had an appt a month after I gave birth but I missed my labs appt so my surgery was canceled and I haven’t made another yet)
But for the sake of my mental health and financial reasons, I’m 100% done having kids. I have my 2 girls and a boy and I feel like we’re complete :heart:

I was 25 when i got mine done have 3 kids had it done right on the table after having my lasg via c section theee are some days I regret it but honestly prolly a good thing 3 kids is enough in today’s world

I was 23 with two kids. Now I’m 35 with a preteen and a teenager. I’m glad I don’t have to worry about starting over again. No regrets

Wow! Asked to get my tubes tied after my 5th child at 29. My government said no

1 Like

They tell you to wait for good reasons. There are other forms of contraceptive that you can use that are long term, like the iud that they are getting approved for 7 years. You can always change your mind with that. If you have ANY questions, or doubts whatsoever, don’t do it!

Should try a contraception that lasts 5 years and see how you feel then

2 Likes

Personally me I did not want to go through another c section otherwise would of wanted at least one more baby. But other than that no regrets. The c section traumatized me!

Yes, I regretted getting my tubed tied.
I was 34 and had 5 kids.
I went into a profound depression.
If norplant had been available then, I think that would have been a better choice.

I’m just getting the iud… I’m 34 and probably done but 1) I like knowing I can change my mind and 2) my .s are so awful and even getting my tubes tied they’ll still be awful but the iud will make it less

Nope! I hated being pregnant. And my boys are mean af.
So absolutely not at all

2 Likes

Absolutely no way I would if I had to do it again!!!

I had 2 sons, 1 miscarriage, and was 25 or 26. I really wanted to try for a daughter too, but 2 were enough with my financial situation especially. I’ve never regretted the tubal or the hysterectomy that followed years later.

I gave 3 daughters. We knew we were completed. Luckily my husband offered to have a vasectomy so I didn’t have to go through another procedure. If he hadn’t want to though I would have 100% had my tubes tied. Hormonal contraception destroys my mental health. Now we have the freedom to enjoy each other, any time, without the risk of pregnancy

1 Like

Got mine tied at 23 & have no regrets!

Problem solved told my husband to get a vasectomy as I didn’t want anymore kids after our third child.

I got mine done at 26 I believe and will regret it for the rest of my life. I would have had one more

I had my kids a very young age, I did not get my tubes tied and I’m thankful that I didn’t, because how was I supposed to know how I would feel 10 years from then, sure enough after around 12 years I wanted more kids,

I have 2 and it’s all I need

Well I don’t think that they will even do it that young I was 30 on my third kid within five years and I wanted it done right then and there and they barely wanted to do that

If obly the rest of the world shared your same sentiments… SMDH lol 

I had it done in middle of my 30’s, I had no choose in the matter, I had 2 Children one of each, and I had to come off the pill, My Husband refused to have the chop, ha,ha, Why I will never understand that one, He would be in & out the same day, I was in Hospital for 3 days. If I was younger I would have regret it ashileher problems as well, found out I was on the change, than I was back in Hospital again Age 39, having a big Op: on my right leg, half of it had to be removed below the knee, I spend my 40th Birthday in Hospital, Yes got over with that quite quick, but took awhile to learn to walk again, but I got there thank God, I had to still had 2 young Children to look after, to get to than she went home for good, I had to ask my friends to take over, to take the Kids to school, Yes I got my New leg to walk on, but it took me awhile to walk on it, aha.

I was 39 when I got mine done and I regret it

I wasn’t in my 20’s, but absolutely regret it! I was 37.

I have 2 boys and got my tubes tied at 24 and it still makes me cry to know I can never have any more. It’s been two years and yes. Maybe later on I won’t but right now yes.

Yes, I’ve regretted it ever since

I had 2 boys, 14 years apart. One is 23 and one is 9. I had my tubes tied at 30. And im not going to lie sometimesi regret it, i really wanted a girl. Now that im older and its going on almost 10 years of having my tubes tied. I dont regret it at all. Im happy the way it is and am blessed with my boys. Id say maybe wait a little longer to be absoutly sure. Your still pretty and young and alot changes with the years.

I was 29, having my 4th child, when I got my tubal. I was pressured into it. I’ve gone back and forth for the last 9 years between being thankful that I did it and also regretting that I did it. I’ve also had A LOT of medical issues stemming from my tubal. As my kids have gotten older, I’ve regretted it less. I don’t have sleepless nights and diapers and bottles. All of my kids are either old enough to take care of themselves or fairly self sufficient. And eventually, I’ll have grand babies that I can love and spoil and give back.

If you’re unsure about it, I would suggest choosing a long term birth control, like the IUD, which can be left inserted for up to 10 years. You can always change your mind later and have it taken out to have another child or go back later for a tubal.

My sister had hers untied 10 years later whenever she got a divorce and remarried in her early 30s.

Done mine at 25 essure failed had another kid at 27 and tied them again. No regrets. My bf doesn’t have kids if he wants one there’s surrogacy :woman_shrugging:t2:

My mom to do in her 20s but she always said even though she was 100% at the time she regretted it later

I wouldn’t do it unless 100%. You are young and will most likely change your mind. Maybe try temporary birth control.

My husband and I decided that I would get a tubal after our second child. I was 22. We decided it was best for financial reasons at the time. I regret it everyday. I always wanted more kids. It’s gets to me when in laws make jokes because they know I wanted 5 kids (I know I’m crazy lol) and this person always jokes about see I knew you couldn’t handle 5 kids after you experienced 2. Like no that’s not why I got a tubal done. All I can suggest is to really think about it. You may not want more now but feelings may change later on. It can be reversed but it’s expensive and not guaranteed that you will be able to get pregnant afterwards.

By the age of 25 I had 2 boys. I fought to get my tubes tied. I definitely do NOT regret it at all. I actually hated being pregnant both pregnancies. Nor did I want to risk having a girl. It was th best decision for me.

1 Like

I was 28 yrsold had 2children… We now would have had one more…

i had both of my kids by 23 and had my tubes tied 6 weeks after my 2nd was born. sometimes i get baby fever, but i know that financially and mentally i couldn’t handle anymore kids, so i dont regret it.

2 Likes

You might ask your doctor about the possibility of harvesting and storing your eggs.

Not at all! I still wish they’d have let me have the procedure at 18 instead of 20 but oh well. I’ve never regretted it though.

100% yes. I got mine done at 26 with just one child, due to possible life threatening issues if I were to conceive again. 7 years later I am really sad I went through with it, and if it wasn’t 10k for a reversal I would have done so already.

No I did not regret it . But I had four. Be absolutely sure you do not wa

I was 27 I regret it every day. I wish I never did it. I wanna get it reversed next year

Don’t do it. Make the man get a vasectomy instead. It’s a simple out patient procedure for them vs major surgery for us with many side effects. And birth control is not solely a woman’s responsibility even though our society will make you believe otherwise.

That choice is for you and your partner. What may work for you may not work for someone else… For me I just had a baby she’s 3 months old in a week. But I know I’d like another one when the time is right. If you’re thinking about it I’m sure you’re done having kids.

Nope never regretted it

Nope. Not for a minute.

I had mine tied after my c section (2nd child) and I don’t regret it one bit. My family is complete and I’m ok with not having anymore.

1 Like

Nope, still glad I did!

I had mine done at 23 after 2 boys.