Did your animals get protective after baby was born?

I have a question about if your fur babies got protective after baby was born. My cat is getting super clingy the closer I get to my due date. If your cat did this were they protective afterwards?? I know he was protective over kittens in the past so hoping he doesn’t get that way over baby (was only protective over kitten with the dogs not really people so I’m more worried about him protecting baby from the dogs not me or other people in the household). TIA!! I’m 30-31w now.

1 Like

My husbands cat, it was his cat cause he never bothered with me until I got pregnant then he ditched my hubby and would only sleep by my head or cuddle, he wasn’t a kitten anymore. But once I had the baby he didn’t care bout me no more lol

My female cat loved my pregnant belly, she was indifferent to my daughter and myself though :laughing:

I have 1 cat that I got from an old boss when she was 9 months old. She used to always lay on my belly when I was pregnant and love on me and lay on my belly. Fell in love with her so I took her in. After having the baby, I would find her laying in his crib at his feet only, or in the crib when he wasn’t in there. Second baby came and she did the same thing. Now that those 2 boys are older, she now sneaks in and lays on their beds and when she wants loves will literally push herself on you. She does it with everyone in the house.

You have to watch the baby if the cat is around the baby. Often they want to cuddle and lay on the baby face. Not meaning harm but it suffocates the baby.

My one cat only wants to snuggle while I’m pregnant. She’s protective of my kid but not in a clingy way. She doesn’t like being within reach of him. She did once attacked my mom for trying to pick him up out of his crib while he was crying, and my mom is someone my cat normally likes. If my kid has a nightmare and screams she’s at his door before me trying to scratch her way in to get to him. Now that I’m pregnant again she doesn’t leave my side. My mom tried to touch my belly and the cat leaped between us. She does let my partner and our son touch/kiss my belly. I’m assuming she’ll be guard cat to this baby too.

The baby is something new. Will be protective at first and maybe even jealous but will get over it. Patience will be rewarded