DIY Pooh party decor ideas?

Hi moms & dads. So my sons first birthday is coming up on July 1st. Is anyone able to give me some advice on how I can get a cake, some decorations & a couple gifts for his birthday? I planned on having his birthday Winnie the Pooh themed but I literally cannot afford anything whatsoever. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much! Xo

25 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. DIY Pooh party decor ideas? - Mamas Uncut

I’m not sure of your area but in my area our stores do a free 1st smash cake

2 Likes

Do you have any"Free" or “Buy Nothing” FB groups in ur area?

You could get a tri fold board and do a stand up of the characters!!!

1 Like

For some reason I can’t login to answer but go to dollar tree and get the balloons in the Winnie the Pooh color, if you get snap use snap to get a cake at your local grocery store, they do theme cakes.
Only buy a Winnie the Pooh table cloth for the cake table. And get goodie bags in Winnie the Pooh colors and get stickers from dollar tree to put on the bag to decorate it.
You really don’t need as much as you think for the party. As long as your cake table set don’t need anything else.
Amazon also sells balloon arch kit for like $10 and you can use that for the cake table.

3 Likes

Be creative and make your own party favors, cake, and get inexpensive presents. He’s 1 so keep it simple. Pin the tail on pooh, balloon pop, bubbles. Dollar tree has lots of small toys, color books, paper plates, etc. You can use twinkies to create a pooh cake. Have fun!

1 Like

Walmart does a free 1st birthday smash cake!

2 Likes

If the kid is 1 they arnt going to remember their birthday. And will love and enjoy anything you do for them.

Best thing you can give them is your time .

Go have a teddy bears picnic at the park.

Make toys from things like plastic bottles and rice/pasta/dried beans/ small stones etc. Or ribbons tied to sticks .

Go to the local appliances store and ask for the huge cardboard boxes and build a box fort or a play house.

Make homemade bubble mixture or playdough easy recipes available online.

Could always try second hand shops sometimes they have bags of toys cheap and some have free bins

3 Likes

I found this on Amazon!

Buy solid colored plates and then get the napkins in the print you want. Cheaper.

1 Like

See if you can pick up a few decorations at the dollar store and make a cake or cupcakes

1 Like

Google free printables online

I usually find stuff online to print for decorations

Just do a small dinner and a bday cake from home or cute cupcakes. :heart_eyes:

Forget decorations and get him a pooh gift, he won’t remember decorations. They sell $1 mixes at the grocery store. Also check dollar tree

2 Likes

Buy nothing group, Amazon, ebay,

Are you Heart broken, Divorced Do you feel separated from your partner or is he/she taken by someone from you you or even you want your ex back here is the time you end worries and pain by contacting
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
Dr

Make a cardboard honey pot, buy 2 stuffed bees from all a dollar in the toys and toss them over the honey pot into a bucket.

Do not worry too much he is just one and will probably not even enjoy a birthday party, so do something little , dollar tree have everything to celebrate a birthday party, so buy the essentials a table cover , a happy birthday sign and you can fill the floor with balloons so he can play with them.
You can buy a nice cake at Walmart or you can make cupcakes yourself, same with the presents, buy him some outfits and 1-2 toys

Cake mix and icing are 1.00 each and the dollar store has decorations.

They don’t know what’s going on at that age, so don’t stress.

Print thses out and stick then to ur walls the kids will love it I’ve done this over the years with different characters and they go down really well xx

The theme is for you and your guests. Go to the dollar store and buy a package of plates and napkins. They have several birthday patterns or solid colors. What’s important is that he is fed and hs diapers.

2 Likes

I totally got the wrong idea reading this at first lol

1 Like

Give him a pottle of honey :honey_pot: :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A lot of times your church will help out with a gift card for your local grocery store. A lot of stores have bakeries where you can pick up ready decorated cakes. Or you could go to the bakery aisle and see what they have there. Cake mixes are pretty reasonable, with frosting and different kinds of decorations and candles. Dollar Tree usually has stuffed animals and baby toys fairly cheap so you can pick up a stuffed animal or something. I’ve been known to loot the house for change to get stuff for the kids. I’ve been in your shoes a lot of times. Hang in there. Things will get better.

1 Like

l get paid over $190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17975 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingWorking732.pages.dev/

if you or one of your friends have a circuit there are cake toppers or things you can make to hang on the walls

l get paid over $190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17975 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingWorking762.pages.dev/

Hes not going to remember his 1st birthday party so don’t stress or go overboard. Cake mix and icing are cheap, make a card, draw on balloons with felt pens and buy him a small pooh Teddy.

2 Likes

Candy, any advice? :wink:

Shop at the dollar store and get red and yellow paper supplies.

Go to dollar tree
Or
Family dollar
Or
Dollar General
And get just a couple little things that you might beable to use .
And just enjoy the day and time .

Or you can find things in your house that you don’t mind painting like a vase that was under your sink or a cup that you’re not using anymore it’s cheaper to buy acrylic paint you can also buy a Winnie the Pooh coloring book and color the pictures with some bold markers try to find anything that you can use at home!

Selena Russell had the BEST Pooh bear party :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I second that Pinterest has a bunch of diy ideas