Do I have a right to be mad my neighbor stole chalk off my porch?

You have the right to feel or do whatever you want. That being said reading the comments on here really doesn’t do much for seeing any sort of compassion or empathy. I see the" burn her at the stake" mentality. I am disgusted by some of these comments.
She obviously took it in some way to help her children. Help them to not feel alienated, or less than.

2 Likes

Just ask her to return it.

Stealing is stealing. It could be chalk, or a million dollars. If you take it and it’s not yours, you are a thief. It’s doesn’t matter what it is, it’s the principle. You don’t HAVE to be okay with someone KNOWINGLY robbing you and your kids. The same grace some people are telling you to give to the thief, should have been given to you and your children. That chalk could have been the ONLY thing you were able to give your kids to play with. The thief doesn’t know YOUR financial situation, and you shouldn’t have to figure out hers just because SHE chose to steal. It’s not food she stole, so it was not out of desperation, it was out of greed.

6 Likes

Yes, I would be upset. Theft is theft. I would buy more chalk for my kids, but make sure they bring all of their stuff inside at night. Keep the tape of her taking the chalk. That way if she takes something of real consequence, you can show a pattern of behavior with more than one video.

3 Likes

Weird thing to steal lol maybe put a packet on her door with a note saying you saw she needed it so you got some but don’t take anything further from your home or your kids. It’s hard because starting a neighbourhood feud over chalk seems like more of a headache than is worth it

2 Likes

Just buy her some chalk for Xmas then she will know you’ve known the whole time

2 Likes

Boundaries need to be enforced . Stealing is stealing period. Confront her and set strong boundaries period

2 Likes

If be upset if it was something significant, maybe they cannot afford it? Just go get a pack and leave it on their porch?

I’d be upset. Stealing is stealing. I’d buy her a Dollar Store box and leave it on her doorstep and take yours back, or knock on the door and give it to her as well as confront her in a nice way.

Honestly, this is why I don’t leave my kids stuff outside. I would use this as 1) a lesson for my kid - well you left your things outside and they were stolen, that’s what happens when we’re not responsible. That being said, 2) it’s chalk. Consider yourself lucky that when your kids want some, you don’t have to steal it. Don’t be a Karen and start a racket over some chalk, pick some up and invite her kids (I’m guessing that is why she stole it) over to play with yours. It sounds like your family is better off then hers. Compassion is needed for this situation.

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18685 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingworking295.pages.dev/

I’ll give anyone anything I got but I can not stand a thief! I would definitely have a conversation with her

How do you feel about aluminum foil?

Nope I don’t care what it is . If it’s mine or my families you must ask to borrow it… you have no right to seal it… ion care if it was a 5 cent bubble gum…