Do I have a right to be mad my neighbor stole chalk off my porch?

Should i get mad if a my neighbor a grown woman steals your kids chalk off your porch? And uses it on there porch? I have her on video takeing it and all of a sudden they have stuff in Chalk on there porch.

123 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do I have a right to be mad my neighbor stole chalk off my porch? - Mamas Uncut

Umm that’s theft. What’s next? Your child off your porch. Report them, even if it’s just for a warning

7 Likes

Yeah. She’s also teaching bad habits to her children. However, they also might not be able to afford it and she just wanted her kids to do something fun, still doesn’t make it ok or invalidate your feelings though.

1 Like

Yes you do have a right. Like why not ask or get their own. Letting people getting away with small stuff will just lead to bigger stuff imo!

1 Like

Let it go. Teach your children that if someone steals from you, they needed it more than you did. Especially something as petty as chalk. Don’t stoop to get level.

8 Likes

Go let her know you want it back.

Yes that would make me mad. We have little brats like that here and I yelled at them in front of the parents I don’t care what they think stop teaching your entitled children to be thieves and teach them respect for other people’s things.

i bet the look on her face will be PRICELESS when you tell her shes on video taking it :see_no_evil::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I mean, yeah but not call the police mad, but I’d let her know that you know and if she needs chalk for her kids that bad you’d appreciate her asking as opposed to stealing it. I wouldn’t be necessarily nice, but not mean when I said it - just firm and straight forward and even tempered.

6 Likes

I would be mad and I’d take it right back

Also, if you get the chalk wet, it works better

I would get another set of chalk, and when you know the neighbor whom took the chalk is outside openly say. "Oh (child’s name) we had to get some new chalk because someone in the neighborhood needed our old chalk more. Which was captured on our porch camera. :grin:

8 Likes

Pick her some up next time you go to store. When you give it to her say i noticed on my camera you borrowed my chalk so I thought I grab you some while i was out…

8 Likes

I’d go & ask if she’s seen anybody stealing the chalk before saying oh I forgot , it’s a good job we have cctv , I’ll go and check it , maybe she may give it back :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

I would get them some chalk as a gift. Drop it off and say that you noticed them on the camera and are happy to share but please ask next time. That way, they know you know, and that they can be seen if they do it again.

10 Likes

I’d ask her why she took if off your porch and if she says she didn’t then tell her you have video of it.

1 Like

Just go buy them chalk and set it on her porch shell know Then that you know maybe they can’t afford it.

1 Like

Just ask for it back

Is a piece of chalk worth the drama

5 Likes

Ohh the things I’d do to bait chalk … lmfao she’d never touch it again

2 Likes

Stealing is stealing. Doesn’t matter if it’s just chalk.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t be mad. I would just tell her to ask first. Maybe money is tight and she can’t afford it for her kids. But either way she should have asked instead of just taking it.

3 Likes

These are just getting stupid now :unamused:

2 Likes

This would irritate me to no end. I’m a strong believer in don’t touch what’s not yours. I’ve been taken advantage of too much & get mad at “little things” now. Plus I hate it when I put something somewhere & can’t find it. It literally sends me into an anxiety attack. So yes your neighbor should be respectful enough to leave your stuff alone.

3 Likes

What else will she help herself to??? Not okay. Tell her you know.

2 Likes

Need to let them know that you know. And when they are finished using it could they put it back. With a thanks

I would buy some chalk and take a screen shot or something of the video of proof print it out or copy the video on a disc or something. And gift it to her and say it’s from your family to hers. :relieved::coffee::frog:

2 Likes

Keep chalk in the house. …

1 Like

Why don’t you offer a kind gesture and perhaps buy her kids some chalk maybe it’s not in her budget try to turn a negative into a positive even though I do understand the principle of what she did :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Go steal her mailbox.

8 Likes

I mean… you made a fb post instead of walking over and taking your chalk back? :woman_shrugging:t2: counter productive… could have saved time and fuss and the kids could have already been chalking outside. Maybe offer to let her kids come play w yours? Idk weird thing to get worked up over

5 Likes

Post the video on her page :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Who cares it’s chalk like come on I will buy yous guys sone chalk so u can stop wineing like wow

6 Likes

Ugh. I get a big case of chalk every summer and leave it on the porch for all the kids in my apartments…literally FOR all off them. And they even put it back when they’re done with it. Sorry that people suck

Stealing anything is bad. You don’t take something that doesn’t belong to you. You have no rights to your neighbors property. To be so entitled and to think that’s okay is insane.

Doesn’t matter if it’s chalk, tools, mower, toys, anything. You have a right to be mad and they were busted. I’d make a police report and give them a clip of the video.

If she would have asked, it would be different. Like some others have mentioned, if she feels like she can just come up and take that what else has she taken.

10 Likes

Uh yeah. That’s something you bought, she has no right let alone why come up on your property??

2 Likes

Lord have mercy….so petty

2 Likes

Getting mad to your neighbours face without telling him that you know he’s the one who stole the chalk. Let’s see what he’s reaction.:joy:

Go to the dollar store and buy more for you and some for her. You might make a friend.

2 Likes

I would go buy extra chalk and be like oh here is some chalk, i noticed you took mine so thought you must have really needed it. Next time you really need something please just ask.

Maybe then she will realise was a dumb thing to do.

22 Likes

I wouldn’t want to get into it with my neighbor over chalk cause you still have to live next to them but that’s just me I’d save it for something that might be worth the time and what comes out of it

2 Likes

Get a bucket of water and walk over there. They don’t deserve their chalk art with stolen chalk. Make it happen.

4 Likes

Yeah first of she’s on your property and that is your kids stuff imagine what else can she not do . It’s always good to ask of you can’t afford it .

2 Likes

Chalk is cheap, easily replaced. Maybe she wanted to make some quick memories with her kids. Saw your chalk, didn’t see you and didn’t want to bother you. Maybe she meant to return it. I know she should have asked but maybe you can strike up a conversation joking about the chalk to see if she explains

5 Likes

I’d print the picture (screenshot her taking it) and I’d roll it up and stick it to a new box and say hey I noticed you needed this more than my kid. Or so…

6 Likes

Some of these comments… seriously.
The neighbour took something that wasn’t hers. Yes chalk is easy and cheap to buy but don’t take what’s not yours. Ask!! It’s not that hard.

7 Likes

I personally wouldn’t but , that’s me . It would have to be something more important then something so simple I can replace .

1 Like

Yes be mad. It’s not ok for them to come and just take it.

Well…don’t know why she felt she could come up on your property and take chalk… What’s next ?? I’d be wondering…flower pots cause there pretty…the rocking chair ? Kinda weird… really…

3 Likes

I would just approach her like “Hey man, i noticed you took some chalk off the porch the other day. Do your kiddos need some chalk?” Her reaction would depend on if i would call the cops over it. Because it is petty but it’s also theft and you do have to live next to the lady :woman_shrugging: Either way i would grab her kiddos some chalk next time i went to the store. And also keep an eye on my cameras because who knows what else she will steal. I may as far as to bait her and set her up just to see how far she’d go with it. Approach the situation calmly, if she wants to be a b!tch, play back :woman_shrugging:

Idk. Coming to my porch to take ANYTHING that didn’t belong to you, would probably make me upset. I mean, come on. Have respect for other people and their stuff. Smh…

4 Likes

Yes , chalk is cheap but they have not business in going to your property to steal your kids stuff, I will confront them with a screenshot of the video and tell them to ask the next time

3 Likes

Absolutely you have a right. Is it worth being angry. No! I would simply take it as a lesson learned. You obviously cannot trust your neighbor. If she will steal something as cheap as chalk. She will steal anything. Dont leave her anymore opportunities. I would as another comment mentioned. Purchase more chalk, some for her. Make her aware you are fully aware of her ignorance. Leave it at that. Letting her know! Treading very lightly and cautiously when it comes to her. She is your neighbor. Unfortunately, you have to deal with her on some level. Until one of you moves. Somethings simply aren’t worth your time. She is one of those somethings. Best wishes. Much peace and love ☆

3 Likes

I wouldn’t leave it outside anymore

1 Like

All I can say here is… you do have a right to act like the grown women that you both are and not start a neighbor battle over… effing SIDEWALK CHALK. What in the actual hell. :joy:

4 Likes

She shouldnt have helped herself to ur stuff without asking,but chalk is like 99cents. Personally id probably just pick her up some chalk next time i was out :rofl:

4 Likes

I mean, I wouldn’t call the cops or anything, but I’d go ask for it back and tell her not to take anything from my place again.

The actual chalk itself isn’t what would bother me, it’s that she literally went onto your place to take it. So who knows what she will come and take next. That’s just really weird and odd to me to even do.

12 Likes

Jus give it to the kids… I get the point but in a world where it’s always dark be the light!

3 Likes

Omg this is halerious but also yes steal your chalk back.

3 Likes

Is it a battle you want to pick tho? Maybe mention that you saw her come and get it, so she knows you see what happens when your not there but idk maybe chill on acting out cuz it’s just chalk.

3 Likes

This isnt seriously a question right?? Please someone tell me this made up :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh ffs
It’s just chalk
It’s cheep as chips

Just suck it up and buy some more

Don’t make enemies over sidewalk chalk. No big deal.

3 Likes

Print some pictures of her stealing them and put it in her mailbox or post them on your porch where she can see them.

2 Likes

Not cool at all for her to do that

1 Like

Just firmly say “Next time you want to borrow something ask!” She’ll ask what you mean then take it from there, if she denies it show her the proof… Its chalk this time but what next? Nip it in the bud, she is wrong it doesn’t matter what she took it matters that she took it without asking… Assert your boundaries

9 Likes

I wouldnt be mad about to chalk per say but the fact that you felt comfortable enough to walk in my yard and take anything gives me pause.

I’d go and get her some chalk, say “oh I noticed you borrowed the kids chalk, here’s some of your own” but…then again, it might open a door for more of that. Lol

Confront them. They might steal more and get used of the idea that you wont do anything about it. Let her know that you have evidence and can use it against her if she does it again.

3 Likes

I’d be mad. She came on your property and took your items. She’s scoping to.see what she can get away with. Stole some chalk, next the TV :tv:

3 Likes

I dnt care if it was 2 quarters dnt come on my property taking Nthn without my permission…that’s stealing…address it…cuz next time it may be something bigger…but u dnt have to be confrontational

8 Likes

I just want to know what see Drew on the sidewalk

Go take your stuff back.

2 Likes

Steal it back :man_shrugging: and something else lol

4 Likes

She stole ALL the chalk or just some & drew something for the kids perhaps? While it’s unethical it’s not neccesarily the worst thing & neighbors are the last people you want to make enemies with.

2 Likes

Just pop over and say you’d like the chalk back please and you saw on your cctv that she’s taken it. Say you were disappointed that she couldn’t ask if she could use some Say to please do not help herself to your child’s things again

5 Likes

Yes it’s call stealing I would say something like excuse me but my cámara recorded you taking the chalk off my porch I was just wondering when you where going to bring it back? Oh and by the way next time ask before you remove anything off my property thank you

1 Like

I wouldn’t have a negative attitude towards it but I would say something so that she’s well aware that you saw her take it. Maybe like suggested above, go buy a couple boxes and knock on her door and say “hey, I saw you on my doorbell cam and wanted to just leave this here for your children to have on your porch so they can play in both areas.” No sense in making enemies with the people you live next door to.

4 Likes

Send the kids to get it back!!!

4 Likes

Bit petty…maybe her kids just wanted to chalk and being neighbours she didn’t think you’d mind? I mean yeh she could have asked but maybe you weren’t home at the time or something?..its not that big of a deal

2 Likes

I would ask her for her email saying I want to send you something. Then send video and a few coupons for chalk. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink: Saying I thought you might need these :grin:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be petty about I would not even ask for it back I would go out of my way and buy her a pack you never know what a person is going through and maybe her kids wanted to do it too but she might not have the extra money and wasn’t thinking it’s really not that big of deal I can’t stand how people are these days when I was growing up things were so different and I’m only in my 30’s times have changed and it’s sad

6 Likes

buy her a packet to be nice and then before you leave just say that you rather she ask first next time.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter what it is it’s still stealing I would have it out with them x

1 Like

Hell yeah you should be mad!
Next it’ll be ur lawnmower missing out ur shed!
Stop her in her tracks NOW!

3 Likes

Take your stuff back and draw a huge penis on her driveway/porch. Assert dominance!!

Just go ask for it back and then go from there. See if she likes or explains herself

I’ve been following this page ONE day, why are all post written by inbred women with a 6th grade education

9 Likes

Go over and ask for it back but be apologetic you had to bring it up. I’m really sorry we even have to go through this embarrassment,but the little one is having a melt down over his chalk so we checked our cameras and I just came over to ask for it back please. Hopefully she’ll give it to you and you can say something like Oh and feel free to borrow the chalk again,just make sure you or the kids let us know first! So,she’ll know you know,that you have cameras but you were kind about it and hopefully thats the end of it.

7 Likes

Maybe just ask for it back that way she knows you know and she’s given the opportunity to tell you how and why she got it.

2 Likes

Stealing chalk? That’s so weird …

2 Likes

Could have been worse, could of stolen your knickers off the clothes line
Just saying.

2 Likes

I would buy a new pack of chalk and go over there and talk to her nicely “hey I saw on my camera that you were the one that took my child’s chalk. I bought a new pack so you can keep it. From now on no matter what it is you’re borrowing please ask. I don’t mind our kids to share toys as long as we talk about it first” or something to that effect. Maybe she can’t afford it and hoped you wouldn’t notice. She’s probably already embarrassed and too prideful to ask for help. Stealing is not okay, but stealing for your little one can be a reason to have a little compassion about it!

6 Likes

Post in your local Facebook groups that you will name and shame her if she doesn’t return your chalk as it has sentimental value to your family.

7 Likes

Just say “y’all are welcome to ask for anything you might need and I’d be happy to let you use it” just to let them know you know and be so nice it’s gross

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if her kids brought their chalk over and left it and your kids chalk was in the house and you got so booty hurt over some freaking $2 chalk and you’re not even a victim :rofl:
Seriously though. You’re being ridiculous.

3 Likes

If someone is so desperate for some chalk they resort to taking it, accept that maybe you have more than them and let them have it. It is just chalk. Is it worth your inner peace over?

These are those moments you need to ask yourself if this is all about you. Could it be she can’t afford anything for her kids at the moment. Be the bigger person. Buy her kids some chalk and possibly some pens, paper crayons. Were all struggling now, its better to help each other out. Or be the small person and get mad over nothing. Its just chalk

2 Likes

Yes, you have a right to be mad. All these ignorant people claiming its no big deal and you should just let them have it because they cant afford it obviously have never had shit stolen for them. You work hard for the things you have. For someone to think they are entitled to come up and steal it from you is wrong.