Do I have a right to be mad that my husband took someone to work without asking me?

My husband installs internet for a living. He has recently started taking my stepson’s uncle with him to work & we pay him. He did not talk to me about this. He has taken our stepson before that was only once in a while. He has taken this guy to work with him at least 5 or 6 times now. We have paid him over $200 for helping. My husband says he has a baby, got laid off & needs help. I’m all for helping people but it upsets me that my husband didn’t talk to me about it. Plus I’m pretty sure my husband could get in trouble for taking him to work with him. Yesterday my husband said this guy was kind of hinting that we weren’t paying him enough. I asked my husband if this was temporary or if this guy was looking for work or what. We’re not rich but we’re okay financially. I still think that should have been discussed. I pay all the bills, check the bank account (he never does), budget money for groceries, gas, etc. Would you be upset? How would you deal with this?

22 Likes

That’s really nice of him actually !

I thought he was taking another female to work by the way you’re reacting. But it’s another guy. You’re completely out of line. My hubby would literally laugh at me if I told him he couldn’t take another guy to work. He drives to trainings all the time with his male coworkers.

17 Likes

If your husband works for a company ( as opposed to being an independent contractor), there would be huge liability concerns for me. A huge no from me.

10 Likes

What do you mean by you pay all the bills? If he’s taking someone to work with him and he’s making money then I’m sure he’s paying bills

1 Like

Need more info. Does your husband own the company or work for the company?

4 Likes

I don’t think you should be upset either. Sounds like his heart is in the right place and he’s trying to help someone out.

5 Likes

Cry baby. More important things than that

I would be upset that he could lose his job and have been through a similar situation but I look at it as he’s grown ,it’s his job and unless it really starts causing job issues let it be .

Tell the uncle to apply for a job there. I would be concerned that my husband could lose his job for taking him to work with him.

3 Likes

It sounds like you’re upset that your husband made a decision alone, that impacts your finances (not necessarily that he is taking the guy with him). That seems reasonable to me. Communication is key. I would try and have a nice calm conversation about how you’re feeling and why. Maybe you both can discuss expectations around conversations and when to bring the other in the discussion, if money is involved.

P.s.
If he isn’t his own employer I can also guarantee he isn’t allowed to bring someone with him on jobs. I’d be worried that he is putting his own livelihood at risk.

16 Likes

If it were my relationship, no he absolutely not need my opinion nor approval. It’s giving controlling.

9 Likes

As long as there’s no repercussions I wouldn’t be upset

Is it you business or does he work for another co.?

I’m not sure the company he works for would be ok with this. There are reasons why they make people go through background checks & drug checks to be in others homes. This may get him in trouble legally for essentially bringing a random person into others’ homes without proper authorization. Beyond that you def to tell your husband that he needs to discuss this since it’s coming out of the family finances to pay to get someone to do his job for him. It’s ok to want to help but he needs to give the guy a ride to an interview so if more $ is needed it’s legit and a more steady income.

1 Like

I don’t think you should be upset. It was ok for him to take the stepson. Your husband is trying to help someone that is down on his luck right now. Wouldn’t you want someone to help your husband if he was in that position? As long as you guys aren’t struggling financially at the moment l don’t see a problem with it. Pick your battles.

7 Likes

Is said “stepson’s uncle” your husband’s brother or the ex-wife’s brother? (That’s a little unclear.)
Does the “helper” only work outside the homes, burying lines, etc? That could be an issue, but I suspect your husband is aware of what is and isn’t acceptable to his employer.
Do you work or is all the managing the household done with his income.
And finally, if this uncle is his ex-brother-in-law are you just angry that he’s in touch with the ex’s family? Just trying to sort out the rationale for your anger…:woman_shrugging:

I would let my man be the man he’s being by providing keeping a roof over your head because you may pay the bills but let’s not forget you pay those bills with what your husband brings home. & if he has the heart to help someone else out in the process without putting yall in the hole financially i wouldnt nag over him helping someone else out. It wasnt a problem until it was someone you didnt know :woman_shrugging:t4: or would you be more comfortable if it was a female? (rhetorical question)… furthermore just handle your house duties and ket him continue to bring home the bread, be thankful its not Jolene

Let’s be real are you upset that he’s taking his BMs brother to work. I mean that’s your stepsons uncle which means that’s his BM brother. If your gonna ask a question be truthful about what your asking

6 Likes

He WILL get fired for bringing someone who isn’t vetted by the company into customers home…

3 Likes

I’m confused. Who does the step son belong to if not your husbands? Also a good deed is always a good idea. I have needed help and been blessed enough to be in a position to help. I would say he glad he has a big heart and maybe next time he will know that’s something you want to discuss although I can’t for the life of me see why his offering a lift is an issue unless he is some kind of criminal and is putting you all in danger or something. Maybe I misread the whole thing :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Your stepsons uncle… so… your husbands brother? :woozy_face::woman_facepalming:t3:

I think you’re a control freak lol he doesn’t have to run that by you

Lmao this is hilarious :joy: ur not his mommy ur his wife & it’s not like he’s cheating on you or anything he’s helping this guy out don’t b so selfish

1 Like

I’m confused y’all paid him $200 and it was cool then! But now it’s “he can get in trouble” why risk the job in the first place if that was the case! He also hinted y’all wasn’t paying him enough cause I’m sure y’all aren’t! You said we paid him over $200 like that’s a big payout in todays economy…. You had us thinking he picked some chick up and was giving her rides lol

44 Likes

Ma’am, you’re trippin…period!

Girl get the hell over urself :rofl::rofl:

You pay the bills with YOUR money or with the money he made?
If you guys are not struggling right now and he has the heart and the chance to help someone in need , what is really your problem with that ?
We have all needed help at some point in our lives and it is good to reciprocate if we are in a position to do so.

My only concern with it will be is he ( the husband) it’s putting his job in any risk , like if he works for a company or something and he can potentially lose his job for taking someone with him .But if he works for himself just let him be , maybe having some help actually helps to make more money

So, your married, he’s not. He could lose his job.

No you have no right to be upset. Quit being a spoiled brat. I’m sure you would appreciate if the shoe was on the other foot

2 Likes

You’re acting like he took some person you don’t know.

4 Likes

I thought u was gonna be upset bc of a female! I would be happy he’s helping someone in need! I think u are mad for no good reason!

I don’t understand what’s so bad about taking the stepson to work
Does he really need your permission?

Sending money to companies isn’t “paying” all the bills…making the money to pay the bills is
He is a grown ass man and doesn’t need your permission for anything work related, and if having a paid helper is still helping your husband’s workload and income what’s the issue?

9 Likes

Grow up seriously he’s helping another man Out .

Your husband shouldn’t be taking anyone along to work with him that isn’t officially hired by the company, unless he works for himself, but even so, he needs to discuss it with you first about the financial side of it. Yeah you may be comfortable financially but he’s still taking money out of your family finances and I wouldn’t be okay with that

1. Idk why yall care if it was a male or female. Either one should be a problem or not be a problem. Y’all are giving insecure. 2) For the actual poster, If that guy wants more money, he should be seeking real employment and not leeching off your husbands employment. Like you said, he could get in trouble. Heck, depending on how well he knows the guy, which from your post doesn’t sound like a lot, what if he steals or breaks something etc in one of these customers homes? I understand wanting to help him, but maybe help him by taking him to put apps in at places or give him a referral for the place he works, but he shouldn’t be risking his own position unless he wants to end up in the position the other guy is in. And it most definitely should have been discussed with you if you’re the one handling all of the finances.
1 Like

Talk to you about a ride? Jeez… this post reeks of control freak

1 Like

Id talk to your husband about the fact your worried he could loose his job then Why dont you both report it to the company and say your worried about the situation and ask if maybe they are hiding and get the guy an official position if not why don’t you help the guy get a job so he can provide for his family

Your husband is an adult. He can make his own choices without consulting you on everything. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

I would never be in a relationship where I need to have someone’s “approval” to do something

Your husband isn’t your child; he’s a full grown adult who can make his own decisions regarding who and if he wants to bring someone to work with him

I’m also assuming he’s the only making money, so by that definition, he is technically paying the bills

1 Like

Some women need to realize they don’t have to have a say in every decision their husband makes… he’s his own person.

4 Likes

If he could get in trouble at his Job I might would let him know I wasn’t ok with him risking it but that’s it. What he does with HIS job is his business not yours. Your his wife not mom. He can pay who ever he wants to help get work done. That again is his business.

I would have told my husband to really think about if this is a good idea since it’s against the rules (if it is) but I wouldn’t tell him No bc he’s an adult and he can make his own choices. Also if the guy thinks he’s not being paid enough tell him to apply straight through the company.

4 Likes

firstly and for most.
if ur husband is working for another company and is basically paying someone else to come do his job with him, that is illegal. and the company would be mortified as they are not legally covered if something was to happen on one of there sights.

if this is ur family business i would assume he definitely should have discussed the need for a helping hand first and wages etc.
if he has made the choice alone and it is his own business then it just shows where the communication in your relationship is at.
personally i wouldn’t be p’d off unless its finically effecting your family.

but as mentioned if this isn’t his business then what he is doing is highley illegal and will most likely end in him losing his job

3 Likes

You have the right to be mad; but your reasonings sound a little childish. I can understand you being upset if it would jeopardize your husband’s job; but if you are just mad that your husband didn’t ask your permission to have someone help him at work seems a little controlling there. I think your husband is smart enough to make adult decisions and stop acting like anything in the remote vicinity of $200 is anything but a crumb in todays’ economy. Suggest to your husband that your bonus son’s uncle apply for an actual job through the company. Untwist your panties and have a decent conversation where your emotions don’t control you.

“Stepsons uncle” you mean his brother?? Or his exes brother? Either way he’s known him longer than you and they are obviously friends. Why does he need to tell you about giving him rides? This whole post is confusing…

If your husband is working for an actual cable company and not a contractor, I guarantee he will lose his job the FIRST TIME he is caught bringing someone along. If the guy gets hurt, he cannot sue the company but he can sue your husband which affects you. Tell him to stop it now.

2 Likes

Do you work? Because if it’s his money then no. You have no right over his money even if your budgeting

I’m confused how he’s taking other people to work for a company he doesn’t own. Why doesn’t the uncle & son apply for a job through the company?

So he’s basically giving a coworker a ride to work? You being mad is beyond ridiculous.

No u don’t have a right to control a grown man. Be honest about why ur really upset.

Ur husband can get in alot of trouble especially if the uncle is not insurance he can see the company

So is it about the money and bills or your husband’s exes brother? Lol which are you actually bothered by.

Is his job the whole income for your household? Is your husband a contractor for the internet? If he needs help there is no reason to not get a family member if he is dependable and hardworking.

At least it’s a guy instead of a women