Do I have to go to my postpartum appointment?

Do i have to go to my 6 week post pregnancy doctor appointment? I dont have any issues …

I felt like I had no issues postpartum but I went just to make sure of it and to get a note to return to work.

My ex wouldn’t let me go to my 6 week appt after my csect. I wish I had. It could’ve explained a lot about his birth & maybe solved my back pain I still suffer almost 10 years later. On the other hand my 6 week with my daughter was pointless. I knew it would be because my Dr was worthless anyway. He literally spoke to my now ex, not me just like my labor. Didn’t even examine me or anything.

You should go
Even without having issues

If you are wanting to return back to work they will need a release from your Dr usually. Plus it’s good to just make sure everything is as it should be.

I would say it pretty important, just for a check in. Especially if you had any stitches or anything! I would also say if you don’t want another baby it’s a good idea to get BC… I know some women can do it with breast feeding and tracking cycles and what not but that can be hard to do with a new born. I was also do a mental health check in, I thought I was fine after labor but postpartum hit me hard at about that time so I think it’s important to keep up with appointments as best as you can!

is there a reason you don’t want to? lmao. i’d go.

I would strongly recommend it. You never know.