Do i have to tell my kpb that I am pregnant?

Tell them and if they say, “why didn’t you say anything before” I would say… “it’s not relevant to my job here?”

6 Likes

Tell them so if you get hurt/ can keep you from the heavy and latter jobs

2 Likes

You dont need to tell them

You aren’t required to tell them when they hire you.

I was just fired because I’m pregnant butttt they gave me a “reason” so they can’t get in trouble.

1 Like

Your not required to tell them. However if some of the work requires ladders or heavy lifting I would tell them. I worked throughout my entire pregnancy and was told that once I hit 8 months they didn’t feel safe with me on ladders and lifting anything over 15lbs. They were only looking out for me.

I would lie. I am screwed in the job department because I am 7 months, noticeably, pregnant. My old job didnt have a position to fit the restrictions I’m currently on, for this pregnancy, so I had to quit. Now, looking for just like a part time cashier job or ANYTHING AT THIS POINT, have been told twice by store managers to “come back after you have her.” Lie. LIE BABY GIRL, LIE!!!

2 Likes

So I’m the OP and I wanted to update and state that I did inform them about 30 minutes ago that I was expecting. He informed me that it’s fine and doesn’t effect my job being I am a cashier. He also stated his wife is also expecting, at 10 weeks. And then we talked about her pregnancy and compared mine and hers. He was totally cool with it. Id also like to state I would never take a job I couldn’t do if I was pregnant, that it ISNT a labor job. It’s literally scanning items and I didn’t feel like I “needed” to tell them when I was interviewed… it wouldn’t effect my performance. Also when I started I made my n/a day (not available day) as thursdays because that’s when I make my doctors appointments always so it won’t effect my job.

8 Likes

How far are you? Won’t you need risk assessing?

I’ve been fired and not hired because of being pregnant. Like we don’t need the money, right? In my state there’s no laws against unlawful termination. I would just not say anything and once they ask you tell them you didn’t know it was against company policy to work and be pregnant. If they let you go tell them, “I was looking for a job when I found this one.” I always love that line. :joy:

1 Like

Just wait a bit and then tell them you just found out. It’s what I did

Once you have been there for a few weeks or a month and they’re happy with your work they likely won’t care

You can not get in trouble for not telling them you don’t have too and you can’t get in trouble. But instead of hiding it, just let them notice. I got a job when I was 5 months pregnant with my oldest. I didn’t tell them. They couldn’t ask. I started to show by the time I started my first day. I was asked and I told them yes. They can’t fire you for being pregnant and as long as you can do the job you were hired to do you’ll be fine. And if they try to fire you for it, you can sue them

I wouldn’t even bother telling them! They already hired you and as long as your not putting yourself in a position to hurt you or the baby you should be fine! :relaxed:

They can’t fire you due to being pregnant because that’s discrimination I wouldn’t tell them

Girl get some more baggy shirts… today’s workforce… not sure where you live but here in Tennessee they don’t need a reason to fire you

1 Like

I wouldn’t tell them and legally you don’t have too. It’s seasonal and you’ll be done before you deliver. If they ask you to stay on then I would tell them or ask if they would hold the job until after you have the baby all nonchalantly like you thought they’d have figured it out already

2 Likes

If you’re leaving before babys due, I wouldn’t worry, but check on the legal requirements in your country, where I am we don’t have to tell them until 16 weeks before we plan to leave

They can fire you for being pregnant that is discrimination and then you could go after them but now if they fired you with a different reason then well that’s different. But they cannot fire for being pregnancy

Wait till after your 90 days. Or just be one of those women and say that you didn’t realize that you were pregnant until they were like 7 months along.

It’s none of their business until you go out. They are not allowed to ask either I don’t believe.

So I’m the OP and I wanted to update and state that I did inform them about 30 minutes ago that I was expecting. He informed me that it’s fine and doesn’t effect my job being I am a cashier. He also stated his wife is also expecting, at 10 weeks. And then we talked about her pregnancy and compared mine and hers. He was totally cool with it. Id also like to state I would never take a job I couldn’t do if I was pregnant, that it ISNT a labor job. It’s literally scanning items and I didn’t feel like I “needed” to tell them when I was interviewed… it wouldn’t effect my performance. Also when I started I made my n/a day (not available day) as thursdays because that’s when I make my doctors appointments always so it won’t effect my job. I can’t exactly “hide” it anymore… even baggy shirts are starting not to work out, just making me look like a slob lol.

8 Likes

Tell them. They cannot fire you due to being pregnant. It’s considered discrimination

1 Like

I told my boss at 22wks I was in same boat. It must be a shitty job if you have so much axiety about it. I felt same way girl

Honesty is the best policy. God forbid you get hurt on the job and they find out that way.

It’s illegal to discriminate against or deny work for being pregnant. If they can you you can open a case against them.

1 Like

You can’t get in trouble for not telling them, they can get in serious trouble for asking, and definitely document any unfair scheduling etc. Because its discrimination.

1 Like

Maybe wait a little longer and get them to absolutely love you bring them treats bake etc lol

Bc why yes, technically they can’t fire you for THAT but bc the position is seasonal they could let you go at anytime for any reason, so Id wait

It’s your personal business. They can’t fire you for being pregnant. They don’t want a lawsuit, I’m sure.

They can’t fire you for being pregnant, it’s illegal, ive been through that before.

Tell your employer, tell them you just found out that you are pg.