Do I tell my husband my daughter wants to get on birth control?

If she’s confiding in you, don’t ruin that by breaking her trust. She’s 17, almost 18. She’s not 12…

5 Likes

She can go get on birth control without you. So if you want to be a part of it make the appointment.

5 Likes

She is almost an adult. Its her body and she deserves to be the one to tell whoever and whenever she wants. No one else gets to tell that for her.

4 Likes

Ask yourself how would you feel if he hid something from you? I wouldn’t tell him right away, but I would convince her to tell him, or convince her why you must tell him. Explain to her that you don’t want to lose her trust and make her feel proud of how mature her decisions are but explain how hard it is for parents to hide things from each other. Kids want to feel in control and if you tell him right away and behind her back she will lose trust in you. You got this :blush:

6 Likes

Wow in Australia girls can see the doctor from age 14 and not tell any parent

1 Like

Talk with him wither way get it done :heavy_check_mark:

Keep this info. It will mean alot to her/ur realtionship with her

1 Like

You RESPECT HER WISHES and don’t tell him. That isn’t for you to tell him she wants birth control (when she can go to planned parenthood and didn’t need to but felt the need to TRUST you) DON’T BREAK THAT.

3 Likes

do not mess up that trust. dad does not need to know

She’s 17 and trusts you. Don’t spoil that by telling her dad when she specifically asked you not to…

3 Likes

Trading with the right platform is the best, ever since the day I came across Mrs lisa jennifer I’ve never had an issue of delay with my payout, I’ve made successful withdrawal, I thank God for a good account manager like Mrs lisa jennifer my financial life has taken a new shape. You can contact her via Facebook name for better trading and live your life like a dream come true…you contact her with the name below
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
Lisa Jennifer

My twin daughters are 10.

When the time comes, I will be taking them to get birth control and we will discuss with the doctor what birth control would be best for them.

Their dad does not need to know about that, but our dynamic is different.

Their father and I aren’t married and never were, he doesn’t help with them financially or otherwise, and he doesn’t make an effort to be part of their life so I don’t feel the need to include him in anything.

That being said, if she wishes you not to tell him, don’t tell him. Be glad that she came to you and don’t break her trust because once the trust is gone, you’ll never have the same relationship again.

It’s not something he needs to know and would probably overreact about it anyway, most men do.

She can go to doctor on her own.xx

Help her out. Encourage her to tell her dad. If she thinks she is mature enough to have sex she should be mature enough to tell her dad.

1 Like

Why would you even consider breaking your daughters trust? It’s HER body and at 17 she should have her choice and privacy respected. Break her trust now and she’ll never trust you again… especially since you’ll be denying her the right to choose who she discloses her personal choices to.

5 Likes

See, I have a relationship with my husband where I could come to him and say… this and that happened but u aren’t meant to know… But I didn’t wanna leave u blind… And he’d know but 100% he wouldn’t say anything.

13 Likes

She’s 17 do as she asks.

Honestly from my experience she may already have been intimate and is just wanting to be cautious, I could be wrong but that’s what I did it took me a little bit to get my nerves up to tell my mom and if you don’t take her to get on birth control she’s going to anyways but it’s better to be safe than sorry, she’s waited until she is 17 that’s good for these days

1 Like

No. Her body does not need to be advertised. My hubby is great but still clueless on how awful cramps are. I asked him to get me some ice cream but he made it contingent that I had to walk to the store with him(he had 1 drink and we do live near a grocery store). I am in horrible agony and told him as much. He spent about 30 minutes arguing that I would feel better with activity before I started crying. Silly I know but ffs I’m in pain and my hormones are out of whack. I don’t demand expensive jewelry or clothes like other women. When I ask for ice cream while feeling unwell I shouldn’t get bullied into going out when I clearly feel sick.

I digress… the point is it’s her body so she has the say so. Men have no say. Period.

2 Likes

Daddy’s don’t need to know everything
You should be proud that she is being responsible about her decisions

1 Like

I got the Marina IUD when I was 15. I get it taken out in a month! Works great for 5 years! Almost 21, no babies. Lmao

1 Like

Definitely get her birth control and don’t tell her dad. I was having sex at 13… be happy she waited. And be happy she told you first. I did not. And she’s 17, she came to you more as a courtesy so definitely help her.

Talking from experience. I have 3 girls, 20, 17 & 8.
Both my eldest spoke openly to me about progressing further with their long term boyfriends.
They both asked me not to tell their dad (my husband) but I did say to them that though I wouldn’t divulge anything to him, it was up to them to tell him themselves, and I encouraged that. However, I explained that if he asked me outright then I wouldn’t lie to him either.
When the time came for him to know, I made sure I supported both sides, his in trying to wrap around his head around his girls growing up into women and that he wasn’t losing them. And them, getting them to understand how their growth in that area didn’t mean he didn’t love them unconditionally but that as a dad he felt like he was losing them in a way. They all saw it from the others point of view. Beautifully it paved a path that brought them closer in their relationship with their dad. Their dad valued their honesty and they valued his understanding.

I wouldn’t tell her dad out of respect for her trust in you, but encourage her to speak to her dad when she is ready.

Momma you have been doing an amazing job at raising your girl. The fact she feels comfortable in speaking openly to you is a blessing. I treasure that gift with my own girls, no matter how much “extra” info they like to share with me :woman_facepalming:t2: Both my girls and their dad now try to understand each other a lot more than ever. I hope all works out well, I am sure it will with you on both of their sides.

Do not tell her dad. She didn’t have to come to you, she could have gone on her own. If she asked you not to, don’t.

3 Likes

It’s not something a dad would want to know.

3 Likes

Also, please you and the Dr talk to her about safe sex as well. Birth control only covers one thing, it does not protect you from anything else.

She is 17 not 13. This has zero to do with you husband.

2 Likes

she sounds very sensible

2 Likes

Dad doesn’t need to know. Her body, her choice.

5 Likes

Coming from a teen mom whose own mom said when you’re ready come talk to me the first time I asked and that didn’t work, go with her. Go thru her options. But for honesty and health reasons, don’t keep it from dad. There are many reasons girls go on BC. Heavy bleeding, acne, regulate periods. You don’t need to say hey our kids gonna go have segg. But he should still know. Both my daughters started with mirena within a year of getting their periods, long line of heavy bleeding and my hubby, their dad, was 100% on board with that decision after watching what it had done to me and not being on BC.

3 Likes

I would let her get the birth control and not tell her dad, does he really need to know??

My husband would be very upset w me if I kept that from him as much as it’s a “female thing” and I wouldn’t want to tell him cause dads over react to sex when it comes to their daughters even tho she’s almost 18. idk that’s tough though blame it on a bad period lol so he knows she’s on it but don’t have to get into detail. Lol this way u guys aren’t hiding anything down the road

in Last month i have received $ 20852 by doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://profound-cucurucho-66f67f.netlify.app/

Let her dad know. He’ll be so disappointed if he will find it out later. He’ll get mad at it now if you tell him but it’ll be worst if he’ll find it out later. We have to put ourselves in the situation. If your husband and daughter will hide something from you. It is not a good feeling

2 Likes

Tell him she is having a lot of pain and difficulty with periods and the pills will ease the pain as it really does. That way he won’t freak and your daughter won’t have an unwanted pregnancy.

1 Like

This has nothing to with dad she’s 17 he doesn’t need to know

1 Like

I work with pregnant teenagers all the time. The fact that she came to you means you are doing an amazing job. Take her to get birth control and also have a talk about STDs that the pill alone won’t prevent. I wouldn’t tell my husband it was her idea but I would tell him she is getting older and you think it’s a good idea that she starts the pill now so everyone is prepare if something does happen.

11 Likes

So, my personal opinion yes you tell dad. That is his child to and he has the right to know. You don’t have to tell him in front of her. But in my opinion 100% yes.

2 Likes

It’s nothing shameful or unusual for a 17yo to begin to explore their sexuality. I’d be open and talk about it. If your daughter doesn’t want her Dad to know, then it’s her privacy that should be respected.

1 Like

Depending on where you are, she may not need either of use to go ahead and get it herself. In sa you only have to be 16 to go to the doctor without your parent.
I’d keep the trust between use two that she even came to you and asked to begin with.
Put yourself in her shoes, would you have wanted your mum to tell your dad about these types of things?
I do believe it’s her choice when she’d like dad to know

Dad doesn’t need to know

1 Like

Considering the fact she could’ve probably got on birth control without you even knowing I wouldn’t ruin the trust with your daughter sharing something like that with your husband.

2 Likes

Your daughter wants her privacy. Give it to her. since she respected your wishes by coming to you when you had that talk ! If you break that trust , you will never get it back.

3 Likes

She’s 17. She’s going to end up doing it with or without it. Let her get it. And don’t ruin her trust. If she wants dad to know she can tell him.

5 Likes

OMG lady give her the damn pill, who’s stupid now?

1 Like

i am a Dad of girls. This should be between Mom and the girls, I do not want to be involved

15 Likes

If it were my daughter and she came to me and told me she was ready. At that point the talk of being safe would happen again and a dr appt would be made but my husband and I have made it very clear to our children that we parent together and we don’t keep secrets with each other. So I would then tell her hey I will have a conversation with your dad. Knowing my husband he won’t like it but he won’t overreact I think he would at that point probably have a conversation with the boyfriend about being safe and carful. That’s another thing the boyfriend is needs to tell one of his parents as well. I know they are 17 almost 18 but they are still children living under parent roofs. That’s my two cents.

1 Like

You have an amazing daughter and an amazing relationship. Parents should always ensure their kids feel safe to talk to them about anything. Welldone mama u the best… come on now,she doesn’t want her dad to know she is doing the do as she’s embarassed,that’s why she says don’t tell her dad… he doesn’t need to know anyway right…

2 Likes

You should be proud of her for coming to you and for wanting to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, personally I think her dad should know, for the simple reason, I think he would be upset if he later found out that you knew

1 Like

I would take her and not tell her dad. If she went to the doctor without both of you HIPAA laws prevent the doctors from telling both of you. At least one of you will know that she’s being safe.

3 Likes

Yeah don’t break that bond

You have to tell your husband because he is her father and she needs to learn that even when things seem like they are rough that you and your husband stand together. But approach him with look I told her to come to me and she asked me not to come to you because she’s afraid of your reaction so if you choose to let her know that you know then you have to do it in a loving and supportive way or wait until you can. My husband surprised me with his reaction to our 16 year old daughter having sex and getting on birth control. At the end of the day even with how protective he is (literally never even wanting her to have a boyfriend :joy:) he still wants her to be safe and responsible and was glad that she waited until she was 16 considering that most kids are already having sex by that age. And second get her on birth control but also remind her to use a condom because birth control does not prevent stds :woman_shrugging:t2:

Just take her… its her business if she wants him to know she will tell him

3 Likes

Really 17 isn’t a horrible age to be exploring sexually but definitely make sure she knows theirs always that 99% chance even with birth control.
My opinion you tell her dad my grandpa got told when I lost mine but I was 21 engaged to my high school sweetheart planning a wedding at that time.
Make sure it’s something she wants to do giving that up is so important really

My guardian mom just put me on birth control at that age of 18 even tho I still wasn’t sexually active til I was way older

She’s 17… just take her and don’t say anything.

2 Likes

Either way I would protect my daughter!! She’s too young to have a child… Good luck?

Take her and then tell him at least she’s being safe and smart, that she’s gunna have sex anyways we all know what most of were doing at an even younger age. And whoever doesn’t agree needs to grow up.plus explain to her that only protects partly from babies it doesn’t protect against STDs so please get some pamphlets and watch some YouTube videos on everything together

From my own personal experience it is none of the dad’s business if she doesn’t want it to be. I wanted to be on birth control to help regulate my extremely heavy periods not even the intimacy part of things. My dad said no because he didn’t want me to be intimate with anyone. He didnt care about the heavy period regulating part. Keep dad out of it

1 Like

Be proud she waited this long! I got pregnant at 15 and again at 18 so she’s done amazing. Be sure to have the convo with her about birth control not being 100% how you have to take it EXACTLY like your suppose to qnd even then it can fail. (Currently pregnant with my birth control baby and we were DONE having kids lol) have her talk to her dr about the different types and choose what will work best for her

2 Likes

you should be so proud of her for wanting to be responsible and trusting you enough to come to you, I don’t think there would be any harm in keeping it from Dad.

1 Like

I put my teenage daughter on birth control. She came to me and asked at 17. I explained to her I wasn’t condining it. However I did appreciate that she came to me for help. Dad had no clue. And it was just fine. I was not willing to destroy her trust to come to me for help when she needed it down the road.

8 Likes

Do what she is asking get her on birth control and condoms she is going to do it anyway otherwise there’s going to be a grandchild on the way

3 Likes

There is no need for him to know

1 Like

It’s none of his business it’s her body. Take her and let the situation be. If you push anything she might not be so open to talking to you in the future and it could land her in hot water. Be glad she waited this long

1 Like

Trust is a fragile thing to be broken. Take her, do not tell him.

2 Likes

Yes run and put her on it

1 Like

Somethings are just mom and daughter things. Be grateful she trusted in you to come to you.

2 Likes

You should be proud that she came to you, that shows she trusts you. So take her for birth control and don’t tell anyone, if you didn’t keep it between you two you will break her trust in you.

3 Likes

Take her. At 17 I feel it’s her choice to tell Dad or not. Also this is a lesson for others and later. When their young you have to have the conversation with your spouse about all of this stuff. Make sure you guys are on the same page about all of it. Know if he wants to know when. And what about your boys? Never be afraid of “the talk”. Kudos that your daughter came to you. Respect and responsibility is difficult to come by these days.

2 Likes

Your very lucky to have that trust. Dad does not need to know about personal stuff like that. You daughter is trusting you. Take her.

7 Likes

Meant they are young. Ugh grammar! Haha

Don’t tell him she won’t come to you for anything again. 

Birth control I think she can get it now without parental consent But I wld advise she has medical.checks. Daddy needs to know she is a woman now albeit a ypung woman… my thoughts…

Just take her…I took my oldest at 16.

2 Likes

Her woman anatomy isn’t her father business.

7 Likes

Honestly, even though she’s his daughters, the choice of birth control should be hers. I don’t see why dad would have to know… he’s a man, and really shouldn’t have any say when it comes to that anyway. I wouldn’t destroy the trust built up if she asked for her father to not be told. Get the brith control, go through all the options and what would be best for her. If you don’t get her on bc, expect a baby within a year.

Keep being happy and proud of her for coming forward with something like that. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I am so glad my husband and I have talked about this. We both agree when the time comes to put our daughters on birth control. It is really for their own protection. Everyone saying he doesn’t need to know, is he the father? He absolutely should be consulted!

9 Likes

As a father of two boys I can’t relate but I feel like this should be between a mother and a daughter. I could never have this conversation with a young girl!

1 Like

You don’t. He doesn’t need to know.

I’m going to be the odd person out I’m sure but I don’t keep secrets from my husband & he is the father so why wouldn’t he have the right to know? My personal opinion.
Kudos to your daughter for being responsible though.

6 Likes

Tell dad. You are taking her. Don’t keep it a secret. Note I didn’t say you have to ask him. Just let him know an keep him informed.

4 Likes

Umm yes tell him. That’s not something you should hide. I would say she’s likely already sexually active if they’ve been together for 3 years. My daughter asked me as well and I immediately told her dad.

4 Likes

You told her, come to me- no judgement. Follow through or 17 will be the last age your child blindly trusts you. If she doesn’t want dad to know yet- her choice. It was her choice to wait- her choice to come to you. I would tell her that she needs to break the news whenever she’s ready to.

14 Likes

You’re lucky she’s waited this long and that she trust you enough to come to you about this.
My recommendation: help her obtain birth control and keep it private between you, her, and the dr
Birth control usually reduces sex drive anyway so it might be more beneficial than you think.

1 Like

She’s 17 take her to get on birth control. If she’s not comfortable with Dad knowing then don’t tell him.

6 Likes

I would encourage my kid to tell my husband, as it isn’t my place. And if they are old enough to have s@x, they are old enough to tell Dad. But he is one of those dads who would understand and not say anything negative. So maybe my thoughts are based off of that.

1 Like

You don’t tell him. You take her to the doctor and :clap:t5:! For being the type of mom who has this honesty with her child :heart:

6 Likes

Birth control helps regulate young women and other benefits to it…

4 Likes

Get it done, be glad she asked your help

12 Likes

That’s humiliating. Just tell your husband is becoming a woman and there’s some things that he doesn’t need to know about no more she’s practically an adult she is almost 18

9 Likes

That little bit of trust she put in you is gonna be broke so fast as soon as you say something without her knowing. If you absolutely think you need to tell your husband, make sure she knows you plan in mentioning it. Otherwise, just keep it between you two.

9 Likes

Honestly, 17 is pretty normal as far as this stuff goes. I’m impressed she even waited that long and impressed that she came to you!
My daughter will be 17 in a few weeks. And I had a baby at 17. I’m 34 with a 17 yr old lol.

I think that if it were me I would tell…NOT ask dad.
She’s still a minor and in case if any medical emergency he needs to he able to say what medications she’s taking.

2 Likes

It should be up to her 100%

1 Like

Put her on the implant.

Good job take her protect her she is a young woman and understands the responsibilities

Tell her dad after she got it he has to understand it’s all normal what she feels she is just being very smart bout it

Then hit him with the we raised her right cause we ain’t use no protection :rofl: jk

She’s 17 she didn’t even have to tell you I feel like but she did…telling dad is weird and will break a trust don’t do that

5 Likes

If the subject is pressed, you can fully justify her wanting birth control for regulatory reasons as well. And at 17 she may be off to college soon and want her prepared for that part of life.
She can also take herself without consulting you guys. I’m glad you have this relationship and that she can come to you about sex without feeling judged.

1 Like

It’s important to establish trust with your daughter. Let her go on the birth control. You want her to be able to come and tell you things. If you break the trust she is likely to hide things from you in the future.

2 Likes

She trusts you. If you don’t wanna lose that trust, you’ll just help her and keep it between the two of you. :sparkling_heart: