Do things really change after having a baby?

Give time to adjust:

Men can get ppd just like females. Have him talk to his Dr about it or see a therapist.

2 Likes

My husband did this after our first was born. I finally sat him down and we talked he was baisically a little jealous of the attention the baby was getting. He felt better after talking about it and I tried to involve him more with baby but also give him a little more attention to.

4 Likes

Men can get post partum depression too!

I’m a father too if he can’t support you now with the baby and love the baby like you should it’s not going to get any better I promise. I just hope the best for you and the child because I love children

5 Likes

I would just give it time, little to no sleep/ adding a baby changes alot in people.

2 Likes

Everything changes. Isn’t that the only constant? Check in with him, remind him you’re in his corner, and that everything changes. Don’t assume that every change is bad, or good. Sometimes they just are. But every change is temporary and that is very much a part of life.

4 Likes

He is probably jealous of the baby. My son’s father was and after we talked about it things changed a lot. Or maybe he is just as exhausted as you are. Talk to him when baby is sleeping.

2 Likes

We had to learn how to behave with each other again because I had more expectations for my husband and I’d never asked him for a thing before. He was resentful of the loss of his free time at first. It took at least 8 months before we stopped fighting as much. Now he’s wonderful but there was definately some anger and resentment there at first.

2 Likes

Yup. Things change. There’s a whole other person that wasn’t there before. Newborns are tough and they can throw a wrench in even the strongest relationships. And if your relationship was on thin ice before, they don’t “fix” things. You need to sit him down and have a calm rational discussion with him about where he stands. I find it concerning that he seemed to be walking on eggshells before - ie not fighting with you. Maybe all his pent up frustrations boiled over?

Even though he didn’t go through having the baby physically he went through it emotionally, sit him down and talk to him because sometimes people don’t realize they are acting like that until someone tells them! Just talk to him and let him know how you feel while trying to understand men have emotion too, maybe he’s going through something and he doesn’t want to stress you out by telling you! A baby changes everything!! I hope your husband and you are able to y’all and work things out!

3 Likes

Everyone is tired, stressed, worried, sleep deprived after having a baby and we tend to take it out on the people closest to us. I’m not saying this is temporary because it may not be, maybe he has truly changed, but i doubt that. It takes time to adjust. I’m still adjusting and I’ve been a mom for almost 5 years with 3 little ones. We also just change and evolve as the years go on.

1 Like

You may need to look at yourself to you maybe just too sensitive to what’s going on now or stuff you used to overlook you don’t do it anymore

4 Likes

People seem to distance need to talk to each other

Of course it’s gonna change its gonna be more than just you and him. But it will change for the better if he’s your soulmate. Its gonna be hard at first regardless cuz y’all both tryna get use to a different routine plus all those sleepless nights. After you have a baby your s/o true colors come out. It just takes time. I wish y’all best of luck. Don’t worrry bout that till it gets here! Of course you won’t be treated the same as you were pregnant because your not carrying a baby anymore. But he should still have the same respect.

1 Like

You’re both probably exhausted and emotionally a little overwhelmed. Give yourselves time. Tiny humans are demanding

5 Likes

Y’all are probably tired. Get some rest and alone time. You will be ok.

1 Like

Maybe he’s tired :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Everyone is getting used to having a new baby at home. don’t overthink it …just enjoy your new addition

1 Like

When baby consumes your time men become babies selfish an they r stuck on themselves

2 Likes

Of course they change. You’re adding a whole new person to the equation. Basically a stranger who hates both of you and everything else lol

2 Likes

Omg yes during my pregnancy we fought once maybe twice just this week we’ve fought 9 times and she’s almost 3 months old…

1 Like

Imo this is the most fragile time in ur relationship. It will deff push boundaries for both of u. But at the same time ur gna really REALLY learn who he is and also learn who u are as a human being. Deep down. It’s a long hard road. But it’s so worth it if he is treating u and ur baby right. Men are just as scared and confused as women are after they have their first baby and are actively participating. My own experience, was and still is amazing. We met and had our first baby when we were 16-17. She was born 3 days after my husband turned turned 17 and he has been nothing short of an absolute amazing father. We have 5 kids now and we are 29&30. Married 11 years as of this Friday. He will show his true colors over the next few months. I hope it goes in your favor. Just focus on being a good momma and enjoy this time :heart:

1 Like

One, he’s probably stressed, overtired and overwhelmed just like every other new parent. Two, men go through emotional changes during and after the pregnancy too. The only difference is that men’s often get brushed off and ignored where women are usually warned about PPD and PPA and have easier access to help.

5 Likes

Things change in the sense that: going out is more difficult, there maybe financial strains. Alone time is harder.

Moods shouldn’t change.

BUT GUESS WHAT!? Men can get postpartum. :scream: yea! It’s real.

2 Likes

Mine started abusing me

1 Like

He’s just jealous of the time spent w/the baby. A possibility many men go through, sadly sometimes they just don’t make the connection

he’s the father of the child and he’s step up and be the man he should be

Bull. … ! he’s the father of a child now if you can’t step up he doesn’t need to be around the baby

It’s only been two weeks with the new babe. He’s probably just tired, and learning to adjust to life as a new parent. Give it some time, love. Things do change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. But give him the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. The whole entire dynamic of your relationship just changed with the birth of your son. You will both get it figured out soon enough. Just be patient with each other, and remember why you’re in this together. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

It just depends upon the man and the relationship. Our son only brought my so and I closer together. Yeah we’ve had a few arguments as we get used to having a tiny baby and less sleep after more than 10 years together but I feel like our relationship is even more solid than it was before.

He could be exhausted and is unaware of it. Y’all need to step back and evaluate because what he’s feeling is nothing compared to you. You describe a generally calm and considerate person, and I’m going to go out on a loop here and say empathetic too so y’all should settle this quickly. I truly hope you do

Both parents go through changes during the postpartum period. Everyone is adjusting. It will stay the same, regardless of getting better or worse. Y’all are in the trenches right now as this is considered the 4th trimester. When baby is about 6 months, everything will start to level out.

He could be suffering from post part in depression or baby blues men suffer from it to

The first few months are definitely hard because everyone is focused on the baby, they are sleep deprived, it’s easy to forget that you need each other to power through. Set some time aside for the two of you.

Yes everything changes! I have 3 children 2… 4 and 5 and I haven’t had “me time” in years! My ex husband told me to put him over our kids and I couldn’t do that…your kids become your number 1 prority! You’re forsed to grow up…but once you look at your child and holding your baby for the first time, your heart just melts and all your worries and cares just vanish and in that moment it’s just the two of you and nothing else exists! Everything changes yes, but it’s all worth it! It’s not an easy road, it’s stressful and tiring and emotional…but they look up at you and all worth it!

Sometimes sleep deprivation kicks in & things change momma. Just be patient with him & let him know that you both are tired.

1 Like

He could be a sex addict and having withdrawls.

2 Likes

Kick him put find third husband bang him fall pregnant and repeat again.

1 Like

Ask him what’s up.
Cuz here’s the thing. Baby comes home. EVERYTHING changes. Then you don’t sleep much. Someone is needing something ALL the time. Mom is probably snippy…dad cranky and baby just grand lol sounds about normal.
Someone gave me the advice once of giving it a yr. A yr to adjust. A yr to adapt. A yr to get sleep again(somewhat lol). Then make BIG choices.
Life just changed for BOTH of you. Give the poor guy some time to adjust. Some take longer then others. I nearly left mine by the time he caught his groove lol
Thank god the GOOD years beforehand that made me hang on.
Baby makes life as you know it,.gone forever. You’ll never not be a parent again. Give the man a minute to breath and then makes choices.

Then tell him straight up his behaviour isn’t acceptable. That he isn’t the only one that’s tired and cranky. So suck it up.
Giving time to adjust doesn’t mean you become a door mat. You can still demand to be spoken to with respect. While giving him time to fully engage again.
Good luck.

Ppd? He’s probably just cranky my god do y’all not remember the first few weeks? So quick to diagnose these days lol :woozy_face:

1 Like

Sometimes things change but not for the worse. I’m sure he is tired but he has no right to treat you like that