Do u ever feel like a fraud?

Like I'm someone's mother now.howd I become completely responsible for a tiny humans survival? Like what I wanna do is chill and watching cooking videos or crafts after I cleanup...maybe crush some candy..but at the same time I'm also that mommy that just asked teacher to send book home to help my son study for test bc he's on the spectrum and learns a little bit differently than others. Maybe I'm both but i Still feel like a fraud.
11 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do u ever feel like a fraud? - Mamas Uncut

You can be both momma :heartbeat:

Don’t ever give up time for yourself

There is nothing fraudulent about being a parent. There is also nothing wrong with wanting to sit in front of the TV and destroy a whole bag of candy in peace. It just doesn’t always work that way. It’s about balancing and learning from your mistakes, learning as you go. If you only have the one child, and another child is in your future, you’ll learn that your parenting method will differ from one child to another. If you have more than one child now, you already know. You have to parent your children differently because they’re different people. There is NO perfect parenting method. It’s trial and error and a lot of times we stumble through parenting. You’re not a fraud, you’re just learning as you go. While there isn’t a set standard to parenting, it does get easier. You figure out what works for you and your child and just go with it… while secretly shoving candy in your mouth, while hiding in the bathroom, so you don’t have to share. :joy:

I think you are a hero.

You are still an individual person who has needs and wants just like the kids. Your not just a mom you were some one b4 you had kids and your still some one now you just have more responsibility now and you just have to learn where the balance between the 2 lands for you were all different for me i like an early bed time for my kids so i have a few hours to just be me and do what i like or i find some one to watch the kids for a little wile so i can have a day for my self because you need breaks as well mama

You parent the kid that you have, you do what works for your family, and you try not to lose yourself in the process. Make time for self care too, so you have the energy to care for others.

Awww you are not a fraud. I’m sure all mommas feel that sometimes.you are your children’s angel​:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

Look at it this way,
If you don’t take time for yourself, you will end up being exhausted and miserable and at the end of the day that will make it worst!

Your not a fraud! Your doing amazing :two_hearts:

Just know you are very loved and this is coming from a mother of four and the youngest having autism. You got this and you aren’t doing anything wrong. I get it!!! I totally get it!!! I worked in special Ed for 7 years and along with being a daycare provider. You are a hero but even a hero needs some “me time”. If u want to be on top of your game u need to take time out for yourself. It has taken me very many yrs to realize that and I look back and I’m like how in the world did I ever manage the things I’ve done especially taking care of everyone and everything when only getting a couple of hrs a sleep a night. I have my own health issues with auto immune diseases and epilepsy and my doctors told me if I don’t take my own time and stop I’m not gonna be able to keep on.