Do you allow small kids to run in your house?

Do you allow small kids (like toddlers) to run inside of your house?

9 Likes

Yes. Now if they get too wild thatā€™s when i tell them to stop, but kids deserve to be kids. My daughter runs, spins, jumps, blows bubbles rides her scooter and so much more inside my house. My dad let us do the same and that was the best part of my childhood :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

Our apartment is to small to run in without someone getting hurt or bumped into something

Yes my kids run in the house and outside. As long as they arenā€™t getting to crazy.

Running /playing ? My kids donā€™t run but they play if the weather doesnā€™t allow us outside like hide and seek tag and whatever else games they think of

Yes. I allow my 7 and 8 year old to run in the house :woman_shrugging: I run too. We play hide and seek which often turn into running or we play impromptu tag or sometime the tickle monster comes out. The giggles and laughter that radiate through my house make it totally worth it. BUT they know that not everyone allows this and they do not run in others house :heart:

1 Like

Kids run. Set your house up for it. If she falls she fallsšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

8 Likes

Hahaha my toddler and 11mo rule my house :rofl: I donā€™t let them do anything but i aint in charge anymore, apparently they are :woman_shrugging:t2:. My 10yo knows better.

LET is a strong word lol he does it anyway. Iā€™m okay with it as long as it doesnā€™t get wild or crazy.

5 Likes

My kids , now my grandkids get to be wild for awhile, then when they get really wild they have a choice, go outside or find something else to do! Theyā€™re only little once, great memories for them, not at their parents :rofl:

2 Likes

No. We have a large yard for running.

1 Like

Yes of course :slight_smile: not in the kitchen though just incase Iā€™m cooking or walking through with a brew xx

When my kids were toddlers I had open space for them to run around in the playroom. Running in other parts of the house was discouraged for safety reasons.

1 Like

Absolutely. Let him play now if he gets to wild where he can get hurt Iā€™ll slow him down but he also has a mini slide, and his bike in our living room he rides around the whole house lol, itā€™s funny watching him cruise by every 2 minutes waving

Run the yard or on the porch

My 2 year old grandson runs in my house, my 8 year old daughter still does sometimes. I say as long as nothing or nobody gets hurt or broken, weā€™re good

no dont like the running in the house someone can get hurt an someone did stitches between nose and eyes by running into coffee table when said no running in house.and they were a toddler when happened

Of course, just take your socks off so you donā€™t slip (hardwood floors). I even let them ride scooters/bikes in the house (we have designated indoor scooters/balance bikes for this). We live in New England and winters are long!

Yes. Itā€™s their home. We have a large house that basically wraps in one big circle. My kids run, ride bikes, scooters, ride on toys all in the house. When itā€™s nice we take it outside!

Yes, they learn to walk then runā€¦ride a little scooter etc, we have fun

Yeah let them have fun and be little.

No, but then again we live in a rental and people live downstairs. We attempt to be respectful. There is outdoors for running & being wild :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

LET me child no I constantly tell her no running in the house thereā€™s too many things that can be dangerous cuz she doesnā€™t pay attention to where sheā€™s going or what sheā€™s doing

Yup. Everyone can run as long as they donā€™t have shoes on and they arenā€™t getting too crazy - or making it dangerous to walk, like running into people, etc.

No
I have in home daycare
When parents allow it then I have lots of head on collisions at daycare
Lots of crying

This includes jumping / standing on furniture

Sharing

1 Like

Yup, one of our favorite games as a family is ā€˜catch that babyā€™ lol

Yes. As long as theyā€™re not running into each other or things, why would I care?

3 Likes

Most of the time yes, if heā€™s too rambunctious, I make him slow down a bit.

1 Like

Nope I donā€™t even let my 16 year old run in the house lol. Heā€™s accident prone trust me :joy::joy: and this mama isnā€™t trying to take him to the doctors for stitches in his head or staples again in his head. No thanks lol. Outside is for running.

Who said you allow anything these minis do what they want essentially lol like obvious you play like you the god father but they know they are the boss kids and get away basically everything haha

Yes as long as they are carefull

I donā€™t have small children ! So nope. I donā€™t let anyone run their kids amok through my house. Sit down and ask if you need something

1 Like

No. Grass is for running. Too much to get hurt on inside. Especially since my daughter is a cluts and has fell and busted her nose several times. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Canā€™t always get outside so yes within reason.

Nope. Running, screaming yelling is for out side. No shoes indoors. No climbing on furniture. They do not run indoors at allā€¦ not at home. Not at church. Not in a public place. If you allow it one place they think itā€™s allowed in doors anywhere.

Yeah mine are allowed they dont run as much now getting older

Yeah to an extent. If they get rough we stop it

Yez
My house is for love
Fun laughter

Yes? Theyā€™re only little for awhile

No,inside is for quiet activities ,outside for physical activities

Sure do. And ride their riding toys. If you have room, let them play!!

Sometimes I do but once it gets out of hand go outside

Let them?:rofl::rofl::rofl: when does anyone ā€œletā€ a kid do anything lol. I only say no when itā€™s gettin to crazy tho.

2 Likes

No but they do lol but try get them outside if gonna run or play crazy

No. They can learn to walk and have household behavior inside.

5 Likes

Let? These ferals do what they want. I just witness

Yep. Because they have such little control over their speed. They get excited, they move faster. Until a much older age, they donā€™t have the thought process of speed.

3 Likes

Meh. I donā€™t really care. I have twins and they r always running after each other. Itā€™s the pounding up the stairs that drives me nuts. They r only young for a lil while, let them be kids. (2 of my 3 are runners with slight special needsā€¦ U learn to pick your battles)

5 Likes

Yes! Our boys even toss the football in the living room, shoot the basketball in the living room (they have a hoop and we have cathedral ceilings). They also explore our acreage. Theyā€™re only small for a season.

Nope. They arenā€™t coordinated enough to not trip and fall.

My kids run my house :joy: lol jk jk
Seriously tho YES of course. They are kids!

Yupā€™ I let them enjoy child hoodā€™ they can be good kids and still having fun!

Yep. They slip, bang heads, arms on walls. Get up n keep going. They learn the hard way to slow down n navigate corners :rofl:

No, I put them in a kennel until they are trained adults.

Yeah. But my 10, 12 & 23yos run in my house :rofl: Iā€™m just happy they get along & my oldest still plays.