Do you feel guilty when you buy yourself something?

Do you feel guilty when you buy yourself something? I want to buy a stationary bike that cost $200. My husband has no problem with me buying it, he encourages me to spend our money. I just hate that I feel guilty it’s silly I know…

5 Likes

So are you just going to save your money just to die and leave to others to enjoy?
3 of my 4 parents died prior to retirement and my last parent said “Don’t wait to spend money or chase money to retire. Enjoy life while you still have it.” Not saying go on a life long spending spree but you get the picture.
In any case, a stationery bike could prolong your life so instead of guilt maybe look at as a health choice to improve your quality of life. Isn’t that something worth investing in?

This might sound ridiculous, but I bought a $12 shirt and then returned it the next day because I felt guilty buying it when I didn’t need it. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I do not.

I work. My husband works. Our bills are paid. Our children are taken care of.

As mothers, we often make sacrifices for our children, our spouses and our homes. When the opportunity is there to do something for yourself, do it and don’t feel guilty about it.

No. I do not. I work hard for my money and if I have it to spend on something I want, I get it.

It really is that simple

You need to self care in order to care for others. I workout every morning, it’s necessary.

I just purchased $48 shoes + socks(they were $98 on sale for $89 and then I had a $50 gift card). I had to talk myself out id returning the damn things. I needed them and it was Christmas gift money (mine) just thought of the $80+ dollars of things I could have spent the money on :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

It’s pretty normal to feel this way…it’s just the mom showing through. I will spend 100 on my kids then need a new bra and be like nah I will be okay.

2 Likes

Absolutely not!!! Especially since I work my ass off and don’t get paid for working on his business startup I buy what I want as long as I can afford it no asking and no fucks given

Hell no. I recently spent about $600 on a PlayStation 5 and Hogwarts legacy because I’m a Harry Potter nerd. Didn’t feel one bit bad. I’ve also been known to spend $300 on freebird boots. :joy::woman_shrugging:t2: I try not to make it a regular thing, but every once in awhile it’s good for you to treat yourself. And if your husband is encouraging it, even better.

I did then I realized that I need to take care of myself to

Nope. I deserve nice things too