Do you get along with your sister in law?

How does everyone get on with their Sisters-in-law? Because I seriously cannot be the only one that doesn’t get on with mine, and I have no idea how to start repairing the relationship for my child and her children’s sake, while she is still so self-involved. Any suggestions on how to move forward?

27 Likes

I cant stand my sister in law she always has a bad attitude and I told my husband shes not welcome at our house cause I dont want her bad attitude affecting the peace in my house

4 Likes

Why don’t you get along with her? There has to be a reason

Fuck my inlaws :roll_eyes: hate every single one of them

I don’t have a good relationship with my SIL either but I decided not to try to have one besides the occasional times we have to see each other, I find that the more I invest in a friendship with her (in the past) the more I’m obligated to participate in the bullshit that comes from her, and she feels more entitled to say/do things that I’m likely to be pissed about. She doesn’t have kids so it’s probably why it’s easy for me though.

Yes I love mine! We are around the same age.

I have two one is my best friend and the other talks behind my back, gets upset if you call her out on her shit, and acts like she is better than everyone else so needless to say we don’t get along we tolerate each other :joy:

Yes mine is my best friend so turned out great for us

I just ignore mine none of them like our family😂

5 Likes

At first noooo we were about to have a literal fist fight and it took a couple years but we’re good now :joy:

1 Like

I love mine! We’re best friends

We (husband and I) don’t hang out with my sister in law cuz she’s too stuck up and my husband barely puts up with her. That’s just how fake his family is. But anyway when we do visit or she visits us, I just put up with her for the sake of my girls. They don’t know the difference.

1 Like

I love both my sister in-law and my brother in-law. My siblings are happy, my nieces and nephews are awsome. Sit down together and talk, work it out, family is everything

1 Like

My sister in law drops my niece off at my in-laws, she comes here(my niece)…she’s here for weeks, sometimes longer and never a word from her… she doesn’t even know where her kid is. I’ve tried to be nice, but if she’s around my mouth goes off.

You don’t have to get along. I don’t get along with any of my in laws and it doesn’t affect my kids.

Nope both my SIL hasn’t liked me from the get go. And idgaf enough to try to make them like me! To them I’m just a “white bitch”… Their attitude towards me has actually ruined their relationship with my husband. My husband has always chose me over them. My husband and I have a 15month that only one of them had seen one time. They have nothing to do with him or even ask about him. But they have a great relationship with all his other 4 children.

I loathe my sister-in-law with a passion. She’s a lazy piece of garbage, I have no use for her in my life.

2 Likes

My mother in law hates me and her daughter hates me on principal but when we’re around each other with other family and not her mom she’s nice to me. I constantly reach out and ask that we remove her mother from our relationship for the sake of the kids. I text and ask to get the kids together for their sake not mine and am often times ignored. I don’t have any advice other that you keep trying

1 Like

Some peoples personalities just clash and they dont get along, yall should just try to accept that you dont get along and at least be civil

2 Likes

I’d leave that for the dad…it’s his sister so let him keep the relationship going for the kids and step back. But that’s just me

I absolutely love mine Sally Sanda Meanor. She’s been my sister from the day I met her. She has a heart of gold :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Nope…
Hate the bitch…
My suggestion…
One foot in front of the other…
:footprints:

I get along fine with mine. We’re very different people and personalities, but we both make an effort to find common ground and it’s fine.

I have 7 sister in laws and I only get along with 3 of them. The rest I ignore or tolerate at family gatherings. You don’t have to be friends just civil to one another.

1 Like

Nope I dont care for either of mine. One is a horrendous person the other we just lost touch. One I will call Pina , she is a loser and if you can’t do anything for her she has no interest and all she does is talk shit on everyone the other we will call pammy. She always just wants everyone to come to her and never facilitates any type of relationship and only brings up their childhood. ( somethings my hsuband likes to lay to rest)

I am dealing with same crap.Only she isnt my sister in law its my boyfriends sister and she does some not so good things and i am the only one that has the guts to call her out on it…I have to deal with her everyday from morning to evening guess u could say me and my boyfriend have no relationship

I absolutely love my sister in laws and my brother in law. My one sister in law started calling me her sister since the first day that my husband and I got together and I moved in with them

Two of my sister in laws, yes, love them to pieces. The other one, no. She is a toxic, nasty bitch. The most I ever say to her is hi. And most of the time I don’t even say that.

I wish I could answer this my sis in law, is a gold digging whore, who cheated on my brother, and then 2 weeks later popped up pregnant, and she constantly says my family has never been there for her or done anything for her kids, yet I was there every time sje had the kids, helped babysit, bought them groceries. We get them stuff every year for birthdays and Christmas always there, and she’s never once even been there for my son not got him anything. She live sin a house that’s rent free, given to her and my brother and it’s not good enough, but she knows that if she moves out it goes to me, so she refuses to move out, even though she constantly bitches about the place, and my brother has redone majority of the house the way she wants it and everything. But any time something realtes comes up towards me she turns her head in the opposite direction, because it’s not what she wants. Lol when it came to her bachelorette party they didn’t invite me or my mom but instead asked my mom to babysit and my mom loved 2 hours away at the time, and I called her out for it l, but they used the excuse of me being pregnant to not get invited, yet she’s bene pregnant on and off for the past 5 years and we still manage to invite and include her even when she’s pregnant, I called he rout for all her shit and she manages to turn it all on me just because ei have the balls to stand up and call he rout on her bullshit

I absolutely love my sister and brother in laws. My sisters-in-law has been calling me her sister since pretty much day one Ataaria Korewha :kissing_heart::joy:

1 Like

I love mine’s real real close

1 Like

If I’m gonna be straight honest I haven’t liked my sister in law since the day I met her. And she has given me so many reasons over the past 10yrs to not like her. I get along with her for the sake of the kids but that’s it. If her and my brother didn’t have kids I honestly probably wouldn’t talk to her

I love all my sister n laws Dana Gonzales Tamara Copeland Blanchard and Lacey Loyd-Hanna. I miss all your faces. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Don’t get along with mine. I just don’t care :woman_shrugging:t2: it gets to a point you just need to worry about yours.

I have the best Sister in laws! Love you all! Laura Dazey Utterback Josie Mcspadden Melissa Dazey-Trout Tenne Dazey Donna Marie Kirkwood Dazey

2 Likes

I get along with mine. On my side i have 6 brothers, 4 of them have significant others… & i get along with all of them as well. Maybe i just think of it as simple. I dont have tight relationships with them all, but when we see eachother im nice no matter what… i’m also a laid back person & can careless to argue lol… I also think family is really important & my man and I both think its a priority to get along with eachother’s family. I go out of my way to be nice to his, because I expect him to be that way with mine. I want someone I feel happy about bringing around my family & vise versa… If there was ever disrespect from his sister towards me, Id tell him he needs to address it so we could fix it. Being stubborn is not worth it in my opinion, especially when you have kids. BUT, if an in-law is toxic, unable to think logically, and just negative to have around,then you arent obligated to spend time around them & i’m with you there.

I’ve never met mine.
Hubby’s family don’t like me and due to the nastiness from them none of us speak.
When they got married a year ago my husband couldn’t make the wedding as it was on a weekday and he was interstate for work, they didn’t even ask if our kids could attend anyway.
She sent me a friend request on FB which was weird but I didn’t accept it as I have never been accepted by any of hubbys family so there’s no reason to be friends on FB!

We are respectful mother in law on the other hand bestfriend

Thank you! You are the very best!!!

1 Like

Well…let me tell ya girlfriend. I was with my ex husband for 14yrs and me and his sister were always going at it. One day we’d be fine the next day we would be getting into. Those relationship isn’t worth having. Just bc she is his sister doesn’t mean that you have to like her or be close to her. On another note my boyfriend’s sisters and I get along really good. It just depends on the ppl. Don’t worry so much about her. Let her come to you.

Mines an awful person whos whole family makes excuses for her so we will never get along

I can be civil and friendly but i cant be friends with mine. I just cant do it. I cannot have the disrespect and hypocritical mentality, and flat out drama that comes along with it.

I really wanted to be friends. Really tried. But when u offer nothing but trying to be understanding and wishing for the best, ans you’re met with judgement and a tearing down of ur character… Nah… Im good with that. Dealt with that shit enough in high school and I’m grown now.

Maybe one day. Maybe not. But I’m totally good with letting go and loving from afar

Mine is mad at us and still holds a grudge. Refuses to talk to me or my kids. All because we didn’t make it to her wedding. At that time we were financially struggling, about to be homeless with 2 kids. We couldn’t afford rent, let alone a plane ticket that costed $400 (at that time). So now apparently she cut me and my husband out of her life

I have 3 sister in laws and i dont speak to any of them…they would laugh and be nice in my face and behind my back they are haters and i knew…and ignored them…but then over the years it just got worst so i realize some relationships can never be forged…and after 13 years told myself i dont need that negative drama in my life anymore so i just dont speak to them…

1 Like

For the most part i get along with my sister in laws. My fiances sister I get along with the best I think because were close in age and had very similar childhoods. On of my brothers is seeing someoen new and ive only met her a few times but wnjoy her so far, his ex ruined our relationship due to being jealous of him giving my sister and I attention for so many years of their relationship (i was 5 sister was 10 when they first got together as teens) my other brothers wife I get aling with while were at gatherings but we dont really associate a ton beyond that just because were too busy or worn out usually. And i get along with my brother in laws pretty well. My fiances brother and i and his gf definetaly have our differences but we put them aside for sake of being family and not wanting hard feelings. My sisters significant other again ive only met a handful of times but he treats my sister and her girls as his own and is giving them the life her ex never wanted to. All in all I couldnt picture my life without my in laws in general.

I absolutely love both my sister in laws…

Sounds to me some women are acting worse than children You may not love one another but there is no reason you can’t be polite to one another at family get togethers

Mine live far, far away :wink:

Only get along with 2 of the 6. After 12 years I’m such a horrible person and make their brother a horrible person as well so :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

Not everyone can get along that is life…
All i can say is just be nice and be civil if it is all you can do :woman_shrugging:
Let hubby deal with everything else…

1 Like

I was friends with mine before I married her brother that’s how I met her brother

i love mine! she is much older then my hubs…

You don’t have to. It was always rocky with me and my fiancé’s family. But I sucked it up for the kids. Finally my fiancé realized how toxic is family was and we were able to cut them off all together

2 Likes

I’m lucky to get along with my sis in law. She loves my daughter and my daughter loves her.

I get alone with one of my sister in laws, one I’ve never met, and the third one I’ve only met two or three times.

My in laws are also my family because even though I married my husband theyre a package deal, im not going to ever make my husband choose me or his family

My sister in law and I do not speak at all. We both will attend family functions and still not speak. It can be awkward but it is what it is. My brother in law on the other hand is awesome and I get along fine with his wife.

Rola Mohamad Rana Fathallah hate u hoes

I have 4 sister in laws and they all suck. Two faced b*tches…

I talk to mine and keep it civil. No hard feelings or anything. She’s just quite a bit younger so no kids yet and busy in her own life and smashing her own goals. I hope we’re closer when she’s a mumma and our kids can be loving cousins. She loves our kids and the kids love her. We’ll see though. She’s the only family my partner speaks to so it’ll be hard come holidays etc. But we’ll see

1 Like

Toxic is Toxic. No matter who it is.

1 Like

I do not get along at all with my boyfriends brother or his wife. From the moment I met her she came across as an uppity, condescending, jerk. As I got to know her I realized she was a two-faced, hypocritical, greedy, manipulative, mean hearted, rude asshole as well. She borrows money from my MIL and doesn’t pay her back even when they are running around buying new cars and fixing up their house, bitches about what our other SIL does when she does the same shit, has her kids manipúlate my MIL to buy them stuff and even intentionally made her 3D ultrasound at the same time as mine and then tried to get our MIL to go to hers when we were pregnant (MIL chose not to go to either and my SIL pitched a fit) and if you don’t treat her like a princess she will talk down to you in the most condescending rude tone. There’s so much more but i won’t go any further. Her kids are picking up on her bad character and I don’t even want them near my kids anymore. We just aren’t a part of each other’s lives anymore and only see each other when we cross paths and MIL’s.

Yes I do and I love them.

I’ve never met my oh sister (we’ve been together almost 5 years), she recently had a baby and we wanted to see her and meet him, even organised to get together at his mams as she’s never met either of our kids.
She left before we got there. Anyway turns out apparently she doesn’t like him as a person :woman_shrugging:. No idea why but we just gave up trying in the end, he just said she’s always been strange so just leave her to it.

Not really. She says bad things about me whenever she can.

I get along great with my husbands sister but not my brother in laws wife. We are married to identical twins and she has tried her best to destroy the family. I know it is all on her because she hasn’t spoken to her own family in years and did not attend her own mothers funeral.:sob:she truly has problems.

No we don’t talk anymore :joy:

1 Like

I love my sister-in-laws!

I love my sister in law. Sometimes I like her better than my brother Alfredo Michy Corujo, lol. At some point we became sisters!

1 Like

I get along okay with one of them. She is the one who gets crapped on the most by my mother in law and other two sister in laws.
These women though :woman_facepalming: They’re in their 50’s. One has never had a Job, has never left her mom’s house, doesn’t get up
Until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Won’t cook or or clean. Doesn’t help her 83 year old mom pay any bills or do anything to help her. She is literally like a teenager and is so dang annoying because she thinks she knows it all and literally doesn’t know squat. She is rude and I finally cut her off when she was running her mouth about my son who is pansexual.
The other one is also in her 50’s can’t hold a job gets fired from all of them and of course every single time it isn’t her fault they’re mean to her blah blah blah. She lost them because she screws up the work and is late because she is lazy and can’t function before 3 in the afternoon either. She is the type with the all about me attitude. I don’t even take my kids to my mother in laws anymore because she also still lives at home and never moved out. She is super jealous of my kids getting any attention from my mother in law and has a strange obsession with my son just like she did with my husband when we met. She makes everyone miserable because she is literally freaking crazy. I’m talking out there. She had a restraining order placed on her years ago because she was stalking the country singer bryan white’s grandmother. She was sending crap to her house and everything. She connected with an ice skater through the tv and went all the way to New York to try and meet him. She is deranged and I don’t let her around my kids much anymore because of her actions. She thinks the world revolves around her. She even says the song she don’t know she is beautiful was written about her :woman_facepalming:

I have 9 sister in laws …2 I never met (long story), 1 I disowned, 1 I havent got along with since my 1st child was born 21 yrs ago but I suck it up for my husband and kids , and the other 5 I get along with wonderful and would do anything for

My sister in law is 15 almost 16 so we get along great. Luckily I entered her life at a young age so I stepped in as an older sister.

Everyone has different experience so it all depends on the way you two are with each other. Try your best to uphold family ties, so at least you know you tried… see how you feel after that

Invite her to lunch and discuss the problem in your relationship if she refused just write her off. Life is too short!!!