Do you mamas know soon after sex does a pregnancy test work?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

16 Likes

If you already had a baby then I think your body will tell you before a test will. I knew within about a week with my 2nd baby…I described it to my doctor as “I felt like I was feeling the tingling of milk letdown in the morning” and she said “yep that’s a sure sign!”

2 Likes

Has nothing to do with how soon after sex, it’s how soon after ovulation… the good tests “can” work a few days before your missed period but I never got a positive until the day of my missed period or after.

1 Like

5 days before a missed period if you use early response but for me that didn’t work . I only got a positive a day late .

I took one 2 weeks after having sex cuz I realized my period hadn’t started and it came back positive

When we were trying for our second I had a positive pregnancy test four days after we tried.

1 Like

You should wait to take a pregnancy test until the week after your missed period for the most accurate result. If you don’t want to wait until you’ve missed your period, you should wait at least one to two weeks after you had sex. If you are pregnant, your body needs time to develop detectable levels of HCG.

Google.

2 Likes

I took 6 days after sex I knew I would fall pregnant as I didn’t want to fall pregnant, so I tested and got a faint positive was shocked I was pregnant with twins

4 kids… and earliest positive was 9days past ovulation.
It’s not a matter of how soon after sex but how soon after ovulation
IC type tests from amazon were what I used most in the run up to my period…then confirmed with the FRER tests

mine showed up 7 dpo which is SUPER RARE. most will between 10-12 days past ovulation. my hcg went from a 2 blood level to 6022 in only 10 days. doctors said my hcg was doubling daily. and only 1 baby

It’s best to take a test the day of your missed period.

It takes 24 hrs for a sperm to reach and fertilise an egg…and 3 -4 days for the egg to travel from your fallopian tube to the uterus.
Then it can take a few days for the egg to implant.
Then your body will start to produce hcg.

2 Likes

Depends on how much hormone your body starts to produce… I tested positive 2 weeks after conception.

7 Likes

At least a week, but most likely closer to 10-14 days

1 Like

7 days after implantation is the earliest for a urine test

2 Likes

Depends on what brand test you use

Generally between 2-4 weeks.

1 Like

1 week after missed period

The earliest I got a positive was 10 days after ovulation/sex because we timed it that way using OPks.

It’s the most accurate to wait for the day of your expected period

It works 30 seconds after intercourse.

Up to five days before ur missed period