Do you size up when buying winter coats?

Like other mommas have said, I always size up. At least enough room for a shirt and hoodie under the coat with room to comfortably zip it up.

I always size up on everything I buy for my kids in the fall that need to last through winter

I always go bigger with coats. Gives them room for layers and to grow.

1 Like

I always bought it a size bigger. It was the only way l could keep her in clothes

I always buy a size bigger so they have room to grow! Also, they have to fit bulky clothes under them!

Go bigger but you can get one there size and one bigger also.

I like to go bigger.

Size up u can add a jumper if too baggy straight away.

Always size up, good job

As long as they can do it up, I size up. But go too big and they will struggle to get it zipped.

I go at least a size up that way I can bundle them when it’s super cold or snowing. I’m always freezing and usually in winter I wear leggings under jeans under sweats daily. And at least 2 hoodies and a big jacket with a beanie. I tend to over bundle the kids because I get so cold but it helps in the event of accidents or spills.

Always. 1 or two sizes depending on the coat and the kid.

I’m an Iowa mom also.Size up always. That way next. Yr they have coat to start with. Now I’m texas girl past 32yrs.warm weather yeah !.When moved had coats gloves scaves etc to donate to Goodwill all sz. Love Iowa still not snow.