Does anyone else deal with this type of anxiety?

It’s not kid-related… But I wanted to ask the group .does anybody else always feels like they are dying? All the time? Any coping mechanisms? Any words of advice? I am a mom of 4 girls … I’m 42, and my oldest is 23, then 19, then 18, then an eight-year-old… I’ve always dealt with anxiety, but lately it’s out of control. Thank you

46 Likes

Do you mean you actually feel like you’re dying or you have a general fear of death?

1 Like

I was given an older model treadmill. Just walking on it on the patio after dark relieves so much anxiety for me. Its really been a game changer for some reason. Early morning and night half hr each time. (I am also a mother of 4)

1 Like

I have horrible anxiety too. I feel ya!

Me too i actually just talked to my dr about it i thought i was havin a heart attack its my anxiety

I’m in my early 20s and often think about dying, leaving my children someday and things like that. I already struggle with anxiety. I remind myself that death and dying is just a part of life. My aunt almost died during child birth and she said that she felt the pain leave her body and felt at peace. That made me feel a little better. Seek counseling for anxiety, talk therapy has been very helpful.

Realize you are slowly dying. But while your body slowly physiologically dying your spirit and soul has the opportunity to bloom and grow. What is this life teaching you?

You’re not alone! I’ve been having extreme anxiety as well. And the fear of dying and leaving my child alone consumes me every day. The dr prescribed Ativan and exercise. It’s hard to get out of your own head sometimes. I’m 44 with a 7 year old.

Hi, here’s a group that offers a lot of support. You’re not alone :slight_smile:
Health Anxiety Community

1 Like

Try walking every day where there are tree and grass inhale deeply you will feel more relaxed it may take time but it will work x

I’m 30 and 3 months pregnant. I’ve had crippling anxiety since i was 20. Sometimes it’s manageable, but since I’ve been pregnant it’s worse than it has been in years and yes, i constantly feel like I’m dying! Sometimes even getting up and doing dishes terrifies me because I’m afraid I’ll drop dead and scar my 5year old for life… It starts with feeling dizzy and it’s all downhill from there… If you need to talk feel free to message me because i don’t have anyone to talk to about it either. My husband gets EXTREMELY angry when i try to tell him how i feel. It’s a very hard condition to sympathize with because it’s so irrational!

Please see your doctor. I had that and he can give you something

I used to feel that way. I thought certain people were going to die. They never did. I had to go to the doctor. He prescribed me some medication. Thru the years, I had to have my dosage adjusted. If you aren’t on any medication, you need to go to the doctor. Or you may need an adjustment. I feel alot better now. It could also be too much caffeine in your diet. I hope that helps and I wish you good luck.

2 Likes

The world is a hard place for those of us with anxiety right now. Here is what helps me. It doesn’t make it go away, but it helps. 1. Telling myself it’s just my anxiety, it’s not a real threat. 2. Consciously deciding to be happy and grateful. 3. Mindfullness. There are some good apps. 4. Better diet, limiting caffeine. Others in my family (we’re an anxious bunch) have benefited from medication and therapy. Good luck sweetie.

2 Likes

I suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for most of my younger years and I never knew what was causing it. I had no main worry or thought, it would seem to just come out of nowhere. I’m 50 years old now and have some pretty serious, legit worries, but I have not Anxiety or a panic attack in over 10 years now! So it doesn’t seem to make any sense. Hang in there, it gets better!

Yes. I have severe anxiety and am a hypochondriac. It’s a normal part of anxiety, but if it’s interfering with your every day life, you may need professional help. Therapy, and possibly medical to get checked out for peace of mind. I lost my mom 5 years ago unexpectedly and I’m always worried I’m going to die in my sleep

No medication works on me. I literally have to go in my room and stay there until it passes. The doctor has tried everything including having me take an extra pill when it makes the anxiety worse. And that only made it worse.

Definitely sounds like anxiety. Ive used coping mechanisms to help. The smallest dosage of medicine was too much for me and madr my face numb so my coping skills have to work.

I’m so sorry you have to live like that. I do from the time I wake up till I go to bed. I’ve been on many meds and nothing really seems to help. I do find some comfort and walking I’m trying to stay as busy as I can to shut my mind down. I will keep you in my prayers. And I want you to know that you are not alone and you can get through this

1 Like

Yes 100. I’m actually legit sick n on meds now and having massive anxiety. From being sick from worrying if I’ll have to go to hospital cuz I’m only one who takes care of my kids or about meds. Its alot. Take a deep breath. I go through this all the time. Idk how to get over it.

1 Like

When the pandemic started, I was still working at the time, I had horrible attacks. Once I almost passed out. My cure was supernatural. I have been able to speak in tongues since I was a child so I that is what I did. It kept me relaxed.

I have anxiety but I didn’t realize most my symptoms were because of anxiety. I described it as a general unwell feeling. I was extremely shy too. After my daughter was born I got post partum depression. My doctor put me on effexor XR. Suddenly that unwell feeling slowly began to disappear. My shyness subsided and I was far more able to be reasonable. It does give me RLS. BUT I find if I get up and walk around a bit, that subsides. See a Dr. Find a medication that’s good for you. Try CBD oil too. One med may work well for one person and not the other. It’s because we are all different and the causes can vary. Exercise helps alot. A calm environment you can retreat too is also good. Finally, some therapy or research may help you find some solutions non medically

Constantly dealing with this. I want to be able to control everything. Death is something I cant control. So I get panic attacks with physical symptoms like i am going to pass out. I take Klonapin for anxiety which has helped. Also accepting the fact I cant control everything. Hope that helps you. Hugs your way. :butterfly::butterfly:

Sounds like a panic attack to me. I had one about a year ago, pulse was twice the norm for me, lightheaded, feeling like I’d pass out. Called my doctor who told me to go to the ER. They performed a several tests which, thankfully came back just fine. They kept asking me why I had come to the ER! I told them repeatedly because my doctor told me too! Won’t go again, guess I’ll just die one day

I do all the time you not alone my anxiety is through the roof I was on meds but stoped I can’t find a Dr to give my meds back I never abused my meds just hard to find a good Dr I do feel for every body that has to deal with this dease its not fun I wish everyone that goes through this the very best of health be strong.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting panic attacks and been to the hospital at least a 100 times in the last 30 Years the only thing I’ve found the makes them go away is xanax and all that does is bring me back down to normal again and then I also try and find something to do like work on a car or do laundry or anything to keep my mind busy until it passes

2 Likes

Just watched the 1st episode of the show UnWell on Netflix. Maybe try a lavender oil roll on essential oil. My husband kids and I use the Deep Relief one from Young Living.

I have it u need to walk away and take deep breaths but sometimes when mine is bad yes I take a low dose of lorazapine it calms me but doesn’t make me tired and I can fully function good luck darling

1 Like

There is a book called “Never have another anxiety attack.” It’s only about 20 pages but has a 10 step program that really works. ( I bought it from Daltons bookstore but sure you can get it on line. Follow the steps

1 Like

I had experienced that for many years and no dr. would believe me. So, when they struck, which was very frequent, I would continue on and repeat to myself, over and over and over, “I’m fine. Everything is okay. There is nothing wrong. I am not dying.” I had to repeat that all the time. It was the only thing I could think of to do. Eventually, the anxiety attacks subsided and one day I realized I hadn’t had an attack for quite a while, and have never had one sense. I had to repeat that line of thinking for a long time. I think my body finally believed it. I am not taking this lightly. I had no other option at the time, but it worked for me. Also, at that time, I went through a divorce, I had three young children, and that marriage had been horrid beyond imagination. I had gone through a lot. I had gone into that marriage only a few years after I left the family home, which was violent physically, mentally, emotionally, and psychologically. There were times I was suicidal, but I hung in there repeating those things so many times it became almost a permanent sound track in my head. I am now 77 and have been healthy on all levels for a very long time. Start with that and if you need other means to assist you, by all means, use that as well.

See a Dr, therapist, something. You may have an imbalance or something thats easy to fix or get help with. Meds may help, maybe there’s some underlying issues that talking about and dealing with in that way would help. As soon as I hit 30 I started getting worse with this feeling, so bad I had a dream a yellow semi lost control behind me while going through the mountains in NC/TN & hit me. 2days later I left to see my grandpa before he passed and seen a yellow semi behind me in the NC/TN mountains. I almost wrecked because of my anxiety/panic attack from that, i would have injured my 3yr old daughter if I wrecked so I made myself go get help.

2 Likes

I’ve been dealing with this for years. I’m 75 and have been dealing with this since I was 29 . Yes it can cause you to think your dying .:pray:t2:

1 Like

Try a hot bath and talk with your Dr could be more than anxiety… I thought mine was out of control and come to find out my gallbladder was bad and as soon as I woke from gallbladder removal surgery the anxiety feeling was gone

See a doctor and get vitamin / thyroid etc checked. Low vitamin d can make you feel like you are losing your marbles ( I experienced that fun trip). Look for the obvious answers first.

1 Like

I know what you are going through! Mine started when I was 49! I always thought I was going to die! I went the doctor and put me on Ativan, I don’t know if they even make it anymore! I took it about 2 months and decided I would take myself off because I was afraid of getting hooked on it! Every week I would take less and less! Until I out! I did refill the prescription 1 more time! I carried it with me all the time but never took any! It seemed that just knowing it was with me gave me aa since of peace! I am 75 now and I still have that bottle of pills! I did start walking during this and it seemed to help too! I hope you can get some relief! Keeping you in my prayers🙏

Get medical advice. Most doctors do understand. Try walking…fast…a couple of miles a day. It might be difficult to carve out the time with a busy household…but if it brings you any relief at all, it will be worth it.

Limit your media time might help. We are all affected by what’s been happening. You might get an appointment with your doctor like others have said. Change is constant & we have little control. Trusting God, Jesus who paid for our sins & the Holy Spirit has brought me through divorce, loss of loved ones, cancer & job/life changes. HE never changes & never leaves His children. :pray:t3::heart:

2 Likes

I suffer my anxiety attacks at night. It usually occurs when I’m am sleeping and wake up from the weirdest dreams and cant go back to sleep. I feel like all the walls are closing in on me and if I dont get out of my house I wont make it. I cant tolerate smells like bath soap fragrances which make my head spin. I found that washing my face with cool water helps. Taking deep breaths for about 10 minutes helps the most and trying to focus my mind on one object in the house helps until it subsides. I dont have them as often as I use to and thank God for that.

You may be premenopausal. I felt that way before I went through menopause at 43 yrs of age. May need to go to dr. to get something (anti depressive) for those symptoms and any hot flashes.

You might need to find a support group or a therapist. Depending on where you live you might have a county Mental Health office or check with your nearest hospital.

With children this age you maybe worried about dying and leaving them without a mom. Also, maybe hormonal change in your body, that your anxiety is worse. Tell your doctor. We are living in anxious times. Keep your faith, stay away from the news, and read to relax before you go to bed. A hobby of sone kind, may help. Painting etc; Best wishes

I struggled with it for years. Started on paxil and I have my life back

See your doctor…you may be in menopause…dont be embarrassed to tell him everything you are experiencing…everyone needs a little help some times.

1 Like

Please ask your doctor for help. There is so much medicine can do for an anxiety disorder. I promise your doctor can help you.

You need to see a doctor my dear…you don’t need to suffer. Mine is controlled by medication and healthy life practices.

You’re at the age when your hormones are changing that by all means messes with your balances of all chemicals in your brain. Please go to the doctor and get blood work done. You can really get messed up if you’re not careful. You’re in my prayers​:pray::pray::pray:

See your doctor you do not need to feel this way. Medication can help. After you are on it you will say why did I wait so long

Vigorous exercise tell your tired and then a routine of it to keep it burned off.

Possible perimenopause hormone issue, estrogen mood did wonders. Takes about a week to start feeling the difference, they have a stress one too.

Refocus and try to work your way thru the attack I cleaned and cleaned till the attack left write. Down menus or your blessings

The most powerful force in this world is LOVE! God is love! Jesus is the answer, now what is the question?

1 Like

If you’re in a legal state, try a little weed at night. If not, speak to your doctor.

Mine is too. I am a 74 year old wife taking care of dick husband that cannot walk or get out of bed m barely sits up. Diapers all day
. Frustrating but you do what u have to do.

Panic attacks make you feel like you are dying, that surge of adrenalin in your stomach is nasty. When you feel it coming on, start taking deep breaths slow. In count to five Out, In Out ten times, do it every time the anxiety start.

There is a good app called Breethe. It offers great meditation sessions for anxiety/every day living.

I pray that God comfort you and let you feel the depth of His love for you.

1 Like

Talk to your doctor. You are in the best years of your life. Get help now so you can enjoy life without anxiety.

1 Like

Yes. Address it now no one has to go thru that. Take care.

Tell your pcp how you feel. You may need something for anxiety.

Sorry I never got the chance to meet her.

Sending good juju your way… Im dealing with the same feelings.

I have six kids, from 7 months to 21 years. 2 on the spectrum, 2 psychotic, one with undiagnosed disability. They never stop. I never rest. I feel numb. I feel like I am dying. Yes, I do feel this. I feel stuck, there is no way out, no cure, no good treatments, nothing will change any of it. Anxiety and depression doesn’t even begin to describe it. So, yes, what you are feeling…you are not alone.

Have thyroid checked!

2 Likes

This has been my struggle lately too!

Pay attention to your hobbys
Lear different language

I get this way sometimes where I’ll worry about death.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in 2013, I had months of chemo and radiation, it spread to my brain in 2014, more radiation. I have have had many tests and immunotherapy, chemo, since that time, I was initially given 10-12 months with treatment, but by some miracle, I am still here. In June I had several strokes, which apparently is one of the side effects of end stage cancer. I had never had anxiety before but the strokes caused severe anxiety, it is awful to try to deal with. I begged them to release me from the hospital because I couldn’t take it in there. They put me on Prozac and Ativan in the hospital, but I stopped the Prozac shortly after released. I take Ativan at bedtime to help me sleep. The anxiety is still there but not as bad.

Welcome to menopause.

Could be premenopause

Call on Jesus to pull you through these trying times! Pray, pray ,pray. Taken it all to him and have faith.:pray::pray:

I’m feeling this now! Horrible feelings!!!

https://news-u1063-a1-23.blogspot.com/2020/07/ivanka-trump-bath-tub-embarrassing.html

1 Like

I think talking to a doctor would be really helpful.

Close your eyes and take a deep breath…this helps me to calm down…oils too… lavender